Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Update on Alaska (?)

14 comments in this topic

673 posts
5,387 battles

1 mil free xp price tag is real, captains.

"Soon". When exactly is "soon"? SoonTM?

Missouri was available for over a year, from between patch 0.5.15 to before 0.7.2.1 (Dec 2016 to Jan 2018). Musashi's sale is also about a year (0.7.0 to before 0.8.0 - Jan 2018 to Jan 2019). My estimation for Alaska would be a small patch in mid-January, any time before 0.8.0.

Or better yet, tomorrow (don't count on it, as this is from Dev Blog).

Edited by Paladinum

173 posts
4,857 battles
9 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Nice.

Another ship to add to the collection.

Will never leave port though.....

Why so?

Have 966k lined up, so better not be tempted to plunder to pull my NC up to Iowa.

Super Tester
1,372 posts
3 minutes ago, scottme said:

Why so?

Have 966k lined up, so better not be tempted to plunder to pull my NC up to Iowa.

Don't need to play Tier X's if you play Co-op only.

Will look good in port though...

172 posts
1,115 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

How long until this ship gets pulled?

Place your bets now!

Probably a year before WG starts complaining about Alaskas spamming high tier matches.

[CLAY]
596 posts
6,675 battles
54 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

Probably a year before WG starts complaining about Alaskas spamming high tier matches.

Yep.

The whole thing which doesn’t make sense is that no one ever complained about Yamato spamming high tier matches. Or spamming the ranked T10 ranked season anyway.

673 posts
5,387 battles
59 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

WG starts complaining about Alaskas spamming high tier matches.

At least that is more valid than pulling Kronstadt because APPARENTLY the ship is "too popular" :Smile_facepalm:

172 posts
1,115 battles
40 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yep.

The whole thing which doesn’t make sense is that no one ever complained about Yamato spamming high tier matches. Or spamming the ranked T10 ranked season anyway.

Removing Freemium ships is a mistake. They're popular cause they're unique ships that won't deduct exorbitant service charges from your credit earnings and they're easier to maintain than a tech tree ship. If WG doesn't want spammers, they should probably improve the other tech tree ships that underperform. 

34 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

At least that is more valid than pulling Kronstadt because APPARENTLY the ship is "too popular" :Smile_facepalm:

That's a ridiculous excuse, I barely see any Kronstahdts around, maybe once or twice in a week but it's not nearly as popular as Musashi.  Kron is too big to be a cruiser and has mediocre armor to be a battleship, it's not exactly a head turner imo.  

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel

[CLAY]
596 posts
6,675 battles
9 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

Removing Freemium ships is a mistake. They're popular cause they're unique ships that won't deduct exorbitant service charges from your credit earnings and they're easier to maintain than a tech tree ship. If WG doesn't want spammers, they should probably improve the other tech tree ships that underperform. 

Or just not realease them as op Teir 9.5s.

673 posts
5,387 battles

19 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

they should probably improve the other tech tree ships that underperform. 

T9 in the tech tree is probably the most complained-about tier I've ever known since I started playing this game. Not all of them get complaints, but when they do, boy oh boy. Two prime examples are Izumo and FdG. I know some people also complain about Seattle and Neptune. In some lines I'd rather stay at T9 than getting the T10.

Beta Tester
682 posts
7,350 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

"Too popular" is WG code for "too overpowered".  Kronshtadt is one of the most OP ships in the game.  It's like when they say something has been "made more comfortable" - that means they buffed it.

They keep releasing free xp ships that are too good because they want them to be attractive to players, and then having to remove them because they are OP.  Missouri, Musashi and Kronshtadt are all in this basket, and Alaska is quite clearly about to be released in an overpowered state.  It will inevitably be removed from sale as well.

Sign in to follow this