You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NZ_gramps

Luck of the Irish.....or not in my case it seems

16 comments in this topic

8 posts
658 battles

So in the past 2 weeks i have to date purchased 45 Santa Gifts

From those 45 Santa Gifts i have received 0 ships, none at all, plenty of flags, little bit of gold but that's it.

I ask the community to please post below how many gifts you have purchased, and from those said gifts how many ships you have ended up with?

I know there will be people saying i'm an idiot for buying gifts in the hope of getting ships, that's not it at all, if i wanted to buy ship i'd go and buy them.

I was told by a WG staffer that we have a 100% chance to receive a Ship (key word being chance) so far my odds are non existent.

I fail to understand how from 45 Gifts (20 x Mega and 20 x Small) i have not received one single ship.

To me it seems like we were led up the garden path, and i would consider this false advertising, hence i would like to get an idea of exactly how many of you fellow players got no ships at all, and from those lucky enough to receive ship what your strike rate was of getting a ship and from how many containers.

It's a matter of principal.....simple

48 posts
10,608 battles

I brought 5 mega crates... zero ships

Im not spending a dime more, ever again on containers, First and Last time, but im not really a gambler and the odds from that initial try tell me its for fools. 3 of the 5 were camo's. Some dubs which is all good and some crappy flags. Maybe with the global warming and all WG is being responsible with limiting the amount of steel raw resources required for constructing these ships... Or their marketing department have a really poor understanding of how people weigh cost reward for pixels... ill let my kids spend 7-10$ every once in a while on fortnite, its not much, a lawn mowing... $100 for a ship, when hell freezes over.. i wonder which company makes more money?

• Cool 1

[O7]
2,448 posts
15,682 battles

0 containers 0 ships. 

I'll get them all eventually as WG keep giving them away to the patient.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HMNZ]
249 posts
4,570 battles

posted some where else, but I bought 40 boxes, with about 5 or 6 ships.

[CLAY]
1,178 posts
8,066 battles
20 minutes ago, keskparane said:

0 containers 0 ships. 

I'll get them all eventually as WG keep giving them away to the patient.

Same here. If I want a ship, I’ll just buy it outright. The rare unavailable ones don’t interest me that much.

[CLAY]
1,178 posts
8,066 battles
5 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

posted some where else, but I bought 40 boxes, with about 5 or 6 ships.

1 in 8 chance.

Must be Luck of the New Zealander.

[BLESS]
583 posts
6,549 battles
7 hours ago, NZ_gramps said:

I was told by a WG staffer that we have a 100% chance to receive a Ship (key word being chance) so far my odds are non existent.

I fail to understand how from 45 Gifts (20 x Mega and 20 x Small) i have not received one single ship.

Three things.

1. I love your user icon pic, Skipper!

2. Using "100% chance" to mean "each lootbox has a nonzero probability of containing a ship" is pretty misleading, but correct on a technicality. It would be better to have said "we have a chance to receive a Ship". The actual odds, for the big and mega boxes, is about 7% I believe. Small boxes have lower odds. Who knows, WG might even dial those numbers down over time.

3. Using the known odds the most likely outcome was for you to get 2-3 ships. Getting zero is as likely as getting six. Both are unlikely outcomes, but - and I'm not about to run through the math to work it out exactly - your chance of getting none is probably about 1 in 20.

Sigh. So many people got burned by lootboxes this year. I would say "you should have known better", but I gotta admit that WG's marketing was really slick, making it appear that the odds were better than they were.

[REPOI]
5,062 posts
20,503 battles
9 hours ago, NZ_gramps said:

From those 45 Santa Gifts i have received 0 ships, none at all, plenty of flags, little bit of gold but that's it.

I ask the community to please post below how many gifts you have purchased, and from those said gifts how many ships you have ended up with?

I know there will be people saying i'm an idiot for buying gifts in the hope of getting ships, that's not it at all, if i wanted to buy ship i'd go and buy them.

To me it seems like we were led up the garden path, and i would consider this false advertising, hence i would like to get an idea of exactly how many of you fellow players got no ships at all, and from those lucky enough to receive ship what your strike rate was of getting a ship and from how many containers.

It's a matter of principal.....simple

20 large crates and 6 mega crates, 2 ships

and technicaly 100% chance to recieve a ship is true, you have a chance to recieve a ship with any kind of crate you buy, the devil is just in the wording

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,549 posts
5,145 battles

20 large and 2 ships. Gave away 5 Mega's that dropped 1 ship

i die a little every time I read about people who get no ships.  If we were guaranteed to win then it wouldn't be called gambling, would it?  No one purchases these crates without knowing that there is no guarantee.  If a staffer has told you that you have a 100% ch ace of then he is full of the proverbial bull dust 

[CLAY]
1,178 posts
8,066 battles

Problem with ANY sort of random setup like this, there is the chance that you could buy 100 crates and get zero ships. There is also the chance, however small one it is that you could get 100 ships.

Unless there is some back of house mechanic that ensures you get a ship after X amount of crates. Which as far as I know, there isn’t.

8 posts
658 battles

I realize that WG will just sit there eating popcorn laughing their collective asses off at this or any post relating to dissatisfied customers, they got their money, F the players!

I would be ok with all this if there was lots more cases of people getting no ships, $200 spent and not one ship, i've read posts where people were getting 3 from 10.

I call BS surely i cant be that unlucky.

I have the means and am almost tempted to sue for false advertising but i have a feeling it will all be in vain.

Really my own fault i've been playing WG games from 2011 and should have learnt my lesson, basically WG dont care......end of story!

[REPOI]
5,062 posts
20,503 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

20 large and 2 ships. Gave away 5 Mega's that dropped 1 ship

i die a little every time I read about people who get no ships.  If we were guaranteed to win then it wouldn't be called gambling, would it?  No one purchases these crates without knowing that there is no guarantee.  If a staffer has told you that you have a 100% ch ace of then he is full of the proverbial bull dust 

give me a mega crate?

:Smile-_tongue:

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,549 posts
5,145 battles
2 hours ago, NZ_gramps said:

There was a giveaway??

Lol.  Yup.  I give away mega crates each Christmas

• Funny 1