You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

[Suggestion] No-HUD Battle Mode

9 comments in this topic

292 posts
3,718 battles

I've been tinkering with this idea for quite a while.

Remember how Ctrl+G disables your HUD in-battle so you can take screenshots better without the pesky HUD being in the way. Well, I took a look at it and found out: "hey, imagine the hilarity if everyone in the battle, all 24 players, would have no HUD assistance whatsoever, aside from maybe important things like time limit and battle messages!"

So this is my idea.

Everyone gets the countdown's worth of time to memorize which ships are in their team and in the enemy's team, then after the countdown expires the HUD goes off and you're on your own. Identifying ships, laying and ranging shots, watching around you to make sure you don't get blindsided by an enemy. This also includes friendly fire- try not to fire at your allies, even though you don't know where they are/what ship they are using/whatever :Smile_teethhappy:. For extra added challenge, the "lead indicator" that you get from binocular zoom would also be removed.

I think this is a very good way to either amuse ourselves or to see who is truly the best of the best when it comes to naval conflict management.

Tell me what you think!

EDIT: LittleWhiteMouse from NA has another crazy idea, which adds the following to the No HUD restriction:

-Ships cannot go faster than 1/2 speed (I personally do not agree as it is too hard on ships that rely on agility or speed like Duca D'Aosta, Leningrad, etc. Also, slow ships like the Colorado or the Nelson would be too harshly affected)

-You cannot use binoculars zoom (So it becomes harder to tell apart Bismarck and Prinz Eugen :Smile_teethhappy:). This is a potentially amusing criteria. I personally won't force this to be in this mode if it appears, but hey, if it is in, I won't complain.

P.S I usually post stuff like this in the Suggestions part of the forums, but it's dead and no one goes there, so I figured I would get feedback faster if I posted it here.

Edited by TD1

Super Tester
1,372 posts
1 hour ago, TD1 said:

I think this is a very good way to either amuse ourselves or to see who is truly the best of the best when it comes to naval conflict management.

Tell me what you think!

tenor.gif?itemid=5647828

115 posts
5,229 battles

19Jq.gif

Please... No. I'm afraid there will be significant increase in team kill accident. Especially if there are more than 2 similar ships in both teams.

Edited by Sharr_Dextera

[CLAY]
596 posts
6,675 battles

If you want to make things more challenging for yourself, go ahead, wear a blindfold or something.

I don’t need to make it any harder, I fail to see how this would make it more fun for me.

44 posts
9,463 battles

I recall a company that does tank battles... um something that sounded a bit like bar chunder... They have simulation battles like this, they rae awesome... and very hard trying to tell what a tank is at range... or even spotting it etc.. I really enjoyed it, but it is not that popular, and team kills are so very very common. They do it by making the teams historically accurate. So you can reconize allied vrs axis tanks as friend or foe. The same would be needed  for this to work in WOWS. Teams would need to be based axis vrs allies... it coulkd be fun, but id say not popular.. ppl  arrnt playing WOT's because its the most accurate tank sim..... far far from it, its arcady fun. Know your market.

2,351 posts
14,856 battles

Sounds great. Would require active participants as it's just too much for random Joe.

I would add a ship silhouette identifier to the HUD though. 

673 posts
5,387 battles
6 hours ago, TD1 said:

Tell me what you think!

I do not play games to experience that much of real life. This game mode can be an April's Fool event, no more.

Imagine entering a map to find out there is intentionally no UI, no HUD, no nothing. Please, people already complain about randomly getting Ocean (best map in WoWS).

251 posts
3,323 battles
10 hours ago, TD1 said:

For extra added challenge, the "lead indicator" that you get from binocular zoom would also be removed.

What do you mean by "lead indicator"? Are you using mod for that?