Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

New premium: HMS Exeter

24 comments in this topic

673 posts
5,387 battles

New premium ship revealed!

Tier FIVE Royal Navy heavy cruiser, HMS Exeter.

Really good stealth (being T5...), good shell velocity, Repair Party and Catapult Aircrafts... Should be T6 instead?

Reminder: You don't need to have a Facebook account to view Facebook posts.

Edited by Paladinum

[1NATN]
487 posts
16,510 battles
3 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

Looks like a Tier 5 Belfast with bigger guns, it also has high firechance 15% (18% with DE then) 

Wow British CA/CL line split got hope haha

Looks a lot closer to a Furutaka tbh.

673 posts
5,387 battles
8 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

Looks like a Tier 5 Belfast

Why Payfast? Why not Huang Meh or Aoba/Furry Taco?

8 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

Wow British CA/CL line split got hope haha

T5-8 all real. T9 historical paper ship. T10 design study/proposal.

[CLAY]
596 posts
6,675 battles
10 hours ago, Paladinum said:

New premium ship revealed!

Tier FIVE Royal Navy heavy cruiser, HMS Exeter.

Really good stealth (being T5...), good shell velocity, Repair Party and Catapult Aircrafts... Should be T6 instead?

Reminder: You don't need to have a Facebook account to view Facebook posts.

I thought you hated RN ships.

673 posts
5,387 battles
22 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I thought you hated RN ships.

Doesn't mean I cannot post news about them, yes?

What I hate about the current RN tech tree is that it is ridiculously and unnecessarily over-gimmicked. If the CA line are relatively gimmick-free I'm gonna play them to death. (More correctly, if it's a cruiser line I'm gonna play it...)

Edited by Paladinum

75 posts
662 battles

Exeter was a York class heavy cruiser. Only the two ships were built, both in the 1920s.

Furutaka was built in 1926 and had similar specs. Prior to the mid 1930s the IJN was heavily influenced by the RN and their ships of the 1920s reflected this influence.

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,522 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Why Payfast? Why not Huang Meh or Aoba/Furry Taco?

T5-8 all real. T9 historical paper ship. T10 design study/proposal.

It looks more like Huang Meh to me, but i assume its a downtier Payfast because the fire chance. 

Yes we will get Paperships just like Memetour yet still better than RU BB line where half of them are papership and we have a RU Nelson, regardless i will still grind because of Ruski Bias

Edited by waichung1823

673 posts
5,387 battles
28 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

It looks more like Huang Meh to me, but i assume its a downtier Payfast because the fire chance. 

Yes we will get Paperships just like Memetour yet still better than RU BB line where half of them are papership and we have a RU Nelson, regardless i will still grind because of Ruski Bias

And here I am, the highest tier Russian ship I've ever touched in this game is Sovietlana. I sold Red Octop*ssy for a meager 3,5 mil cred because reasons. If I get a Russian prem from a container and it's a freaking Kutuzov I may lose my Bias-free identity... Because that is a T8 premium! It's a credit printer by definition!

I have no problem with paper ships. Paper ships are wonderful. Ships like Hindenburg and GK show that WG do their homework well. As long as they don't turn out to be super questionable like Republique and Conqueror...

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,522 battles
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

And here I am, the highest tier Russian ship I've ever touched in this game is Sovietlana. I sold Red Octop*ssy for a meager 3,5 mil cred because reasons. If I get a Russian prem from a container and it's a freaking Kutuzov I may lose my Bias-free identity... Because that is a T8 premium! It's a credit printer by definition!

I have no problem with paper ships. Paper ships are wonderful. Ships like Hindenburg and GK show that WG do their homework well. As long as they don't turn out to be super questionable like Republique and Conqueror...

I don't mind Paperships as well, eg Dallas has good damage output. I probably will grind German BB and RU cruisers next year. Right now i m busy to farm xp for Seattle and also Charles Martel (A paper ship too) 

Edited by waichung1823

673 posts
5,387 battles
9 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

I don't mind Paperships as well, eg Dallas has good damage output. I probably will grind German BB and RU cruisers next year. Right now i m busy to farm xp for Seattle and also Charles Martel (A paper ship too) 

I want Italian cruiser line (or any cruiser line for that matter) and German alt BB line with a rapid-firing twin-turretted H-41 at the end UwU

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,522 battles
20 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I want Italian cruiser line (or any cruiser line for that matter) and German alt BB line with a rapid-firing twin-turretted H-41 at the end UwU

Yeo Italian Cruiser, also Commonwealth cruiser line too. 

Beta Tester
682 posts
7,350 battles

Exeter stats look OP.  Good range, reload on 203mm guns, smoke, hydro, heal at T5.

However, it may well be balanced by the hull - it's likely going to have a very similar hull to Emerald, and that means it will take a lot of damage from pretty much everything.  We'll just have to wait and see how it goes in play testing.

I suspect this setup will be nerfed before release though - or they will move it to T6.

1,562 posts
9,723 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

Exeter stats look OP.  Good range, reload on 203mm guns, smoke, hydro, heal at T5.

However, it may well be balanced by the hull - it's likely going to have a very similar hull to Emerald, and that means it will take a lot of damage from pretty much everything.  We'll just have to wait and see how it goes in play testing.

I suspect this setup will be nerfed before release though - or they will move it to T6.

Yeah WG needs to be very careful with this thing. On paper it looks ridiculously strong.

211 posts
4,356 battles

Ok, lets look at this seriously. It's a CA with paper thin armour. Like the Emerald, I expect it to be citadel-ed by harsh language, or even a particularly belligerent opponent using a hand gun.

Sure, you can use Spotter Plane or Smoke......but not both, so will be reliant upon it's team mates spotting for it if the player decides that safe shooting is more important. Not to mention, the problem with Smoke Firing.....

All in all, I expect this will be a 'Collector ship' and not a serious threat like the Furry Taco is.

292 posts
3,718 battles

On the positive side, it's a better British cruiser captain trainer than the Belfast due to not requiring IFHE (a skill wasted on tech-tree British cruisers since they have no HE), although it's going to take longer because it's lower tier and thus can't earn as much EXP (of any kind).

Sign in to follow this