Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Dallas or Pensa?

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
785 posts
3,686 battles

Dallas :

Its the most Versatile Tier 6 Light cruiser with 2 x 2 and 3 x 2 152mm Gun which makes 10 guns to potentially burn any targets. However... guns like that will struggle to damage BB.

You have a respectable AA guns , Lodes of Consumables and This cruiser has quite the lowest concealment value which makes it quite stealthy.

But that's not all , the consumables is what you have all you want : Hydro , DFAA and Catapult Fight all at once kind of versatility.

Armorwise : Its not gonna make you feel good at this one as Citadel combined with Light armor makes you runs back to port if you're not careful. Use Kite is recommended .

Conclusion : Its a beginner bote from Dallas to Cleveland.

 

as for Gummilicious , plz make more detailed tips lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
785 posts
3,686 battles

Pensacola :

Its a heavy cruiser with such powerful 2 x 2 and 3 x 2 203mm Gun that makes other cruisers FEAR ME kind but... Sadly the turret makes it slow speed combined with long reloads, its not a beginner friendly.

Heavy cruiser is not heavy cruiser at all with all that light armor. Every angle you try to block is an ez citadel. You play as like Glass Cannon second line supporter or Ambush at its best of it. Its not a frontline cruiser.

AA guns is decent but most of them are bigger AA guns. So they relied on Medium range power.

Concealment is not gonna to have a good day. Its poor for stock 14.16km Lesser than 13.50km if you kited for stealth.

Consumables are not good kind as you have to choose only one Hydro or DFAA. They got Fighter so... its your average kind of cruiser.

 

 

Conclusion : I suffered playing her but eventually you'll get used to it.

 

 

 

As for Gummyboi again, make more detail description. Don't be lazy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles
34 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

Faster reload :Dallas

More damag: Pepsicola

I think you wrote it wrong.

Faster reload: Dallas.

More damage: Still Dallas.

Pepsi does more effective damage (may be), but cannot beat a Dallas for damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
785 posts
3,686 battles
8 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I think you wrote it wrong.

Faster reload: Dallas.

More damage: Still Dallas.

Pepsi does more effective damage (may be), but cannot beat a Dallas for damage.

 

He is lazy to make a good detail. So i have to do it myself.

Pepsi can cause 10k damage to a pointblank Gneisenau if he is in dire situation. But Dallas still can bully but however, both Dallas and Pepsi ate HE like Hindenburg ate Conqkek HE.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

He is lazy to make a good detail. So i have to do it myself.

Pepsi can cause 10k damage to a pointblank Gneisenau if he is in dire situation. But Dallas still can bully but however, both Dallas and Pepsi ate HE like Hindenburg ate Conqkek HE.

Your elaboration is really bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
475 posts
1,522 battles

Dallas is fun, have couple of games with this ship in CO-OP and Ops, lob shells over island and mount Hydro + Defensive AA + catapult fighter simultaneously. If you like memeland, i guess Dallas is a suitable ship for you. 

 

Ship after dallas - Helena is also a fun ship to play with, 15 rifles will hit DD with massive damage. 

Edited by waichung1823

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
475 posts
1,522 battles
5 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

take PepsiCola first and Dallas later

Isn't PepsiCola can be slam dunk from any angle because of that plating?

 

I just unlock Memeland, planing to grind Pepsicola to get Baltimore

Edited by waichung1823

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles
3 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

He is lazy to make a good detail. So i have to do it myself.

Pepsi can cause 10k damage to a pointblank Gneisenau if he is in dire situation. But Dallas still can bully but however, both Dallas and Pepsi ate HE like Hindenburg ate Conqkek HE.

I just checked, sorry to say, you have no idea how to play either of the ships. No wonder, your elaboration did not make any sense to me, and you should really stop suggesting people stuffs with your incomplete knowledge, and more importantly, stop tagging people for "being lazy". All you did was post game stats that anyone can read, so much for not being lazy, ended up being redundant. Besides, OP is not a baby and has fairly good knowledge about the game to get the hints. Anyway, I won't waste my time arguing with you any further, since laziness detectors are out of context here.

 

As to OP, just look at your end goal. Because in all honesty, US cruisers end up having same play style regardless of heavy or light. You hug the islands, radar unsuspecting DDs, execute timed push and get people's broadside. Light cruisers allow you to pump insane amount of shells into enemy ships, and infused with IFHE, you farm damage rather quickly. Also, if you focus on playing a lot of scenario battles, you will absolutely love the CLs.

For heavy cruisers, you need to put more focus on the shell type you are using at a given situation. They are a bit harder to play then the CL line. But they are more impactful, as I mentioned earlier. Because they rely more on Alpha damage than the superficial fire damage which can be healed in most cases.

Both lines have bumps in the way. Seattle for CL and Buffalo for CA lines. If you are new to us cruisers, I would love to suggest CLs. Helena, Cleveland, Worcester are all monsters by their own rights.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
785 posts
3,686 battles
20 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I just checked, sorry to say, you have no idea how to play either of the ships. No wonder, your elaboration did not make any sense to me, and you should really stop suggesting people stuffs with your incomplete knowledge, and more importantly, stop tagging people for "being lazy". All you did was post game stats that anyone can read, so much for not being lazy, ended up being redundant. Besides, OP is not a baby and has fairly good knowledge about the game to get the hints. Anyway, I won't waste my time arguing with you any further, since laziness detectors are out of context here.

 

As to OP, just look at your end goal. Because in all honesty, US cruisers end up having same play style regardless of heavy or light. You hug the islands, radar unsuspecting DDs, execute timed push and get people's broadside. Light cruisers allow you to pump insane amount of shells into enemy ships, and infused with IFHE, you farm damage rather quickly. Also, if you focus on playing a lot of scenario battles, you will absolutely love the CLs.

For heavy cruisers, you need to put more focus on the shell type you are using at a given situation. They are a bit harder to play then the CL line. But they are more impactful, as I mentioned earlier. Because they rely more on Alpha damage than the superficial fire damage which can be healed in most cases.

Both lines have bumps in the way. Seattle for CL and Buffalo for CA lines. If you are new to us cruisers, I would love to suggest CLs. Helena, Cleveland, Worcester are all monsters by their own rights.

 

Excuse me , i have Wooster (Worchester) and New Orleans ( I stopped there because in favor of Henri IV meta ). I've played this for quite awhile ( You might want to check my Warships count before saying i do not own those ). So do not try to say my idea to tell me i never ever played this ships before hand. OP can choose whatever he want.

I'm trying to help that first OP to choose which is his decision what to use with. I'm giving him pros and cons. Aren't its supposed to find out its Strength and Weakness? I mean short context is not without a doubt a full details.

I already made a statement to that OP about Dallas is best play as Kiting, OP should know what kiting is and Pensacola is best play as support line or Ambush as i stated Heavy cruiser Pensacola isn't heavy cruiser at all on Armorwise.

You know I'm not a baby user without knowledge, I've been here before you exist therefore in 2015.

That Tagging part you mention its probably I'm upset so yeah i admit i should not do that so.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII
Edit more statements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
4,744 posts
18,690 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

Excuse me , i have Wooster (Worchester) and New Orleans ( I stopped there because in favor of Henri IV meta ). I've played this for quite awhile ( You might want to check my Warships count before saying i do not own those ). So do not try to say my idea to tell me i never ever played this ships before hand. OP can choose whatever he want.

I'm trying to help that first OP to choose which is his decision what to use with. I'm giving him pros and cons. Aren't its supposed to find out its Strength and Weakness? I mean short context is not without a doubt a full details.

I already made a statement to that OP about Dallas is best play as Kiting, OP should know what kiting is and Pensacola is best play as support line or Ambush as i stated Heavy cruiser Pensacola isn't heavy cruiser at all on Armorwise.

You know I'm not a baby user without knowledge, I've been here before you exist therefore in 2015.

That Tagging part you mention its probably I'm upset so yeah i admit i should not do that so.

since when did having T10s mean having experience, have the stupidity of T10 matches taught you nothing?

Edited by drakon233

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
785 posts
3,686 battles
15 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

since when did having T10s mean having experience, have the stupidity of T10 matches taught you nothing?

 

What do you mean? Since when did i said that? Of course i damn know stupidity T10 Matches made some of us really angry as hair ripping of their chest or Banging their keyboard. T7 is even worse than you think.

 

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles
7 hours ago, MeglaGnome said:

Unless you have a 14 point captain don't get Dallas first.

I'm suffering with a 10 point captain and without IFHE damage can be dissapointing.

If you have only 10 point captain you should always get IFHE first. You do not *need* CE up until Cleveland. Yes they do make a difference, but not having IFHE is far worse than not having CE.

Here's from my tests (top NA, bottom SEA)

With 10 points captain (No CE)

usclna.thumb.JPG.f5324999af20ae33c9827c84a957037d.JPG

 

With 14 points captain

usclsea.thumb.JPG.e75b8a94def45542a9dfb469b9a44438.JPG

PS: Please ignore Asian server's retarded WR

 

As you can clearly see CE does make some difference in damage since it allows you to get to places that you normally would struggle to reach, but it is still way higher than what you would reach without IFHE. If you don't have IFHE, around 70% shells will shatter and thus severely reduce your damage output.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
65 posts
5,442 battles

With hindsight you are right, but the captain came off the Omaha, so CE seemed like a good idea back then. Still, I've nearly ground the Helena, and when I get it I'll Elite commander EXP boost the captain to 14 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×