You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TinDingo

Advice wanted for this new player

9 comments in this topic

8 posts
2,704 battles

Hi,

I now have enough coal to buy  the tier 6 French premium "AIGLE".

Q1 - Is the ship any good, or should I continue accumulating coal for  something else.

Q2 - If I do not use the 25% coupon, will it disappear when I get another coupon on the 25th, or will I then have 2 coupons.

Thanks in advance.

[KOREA]
In-Training Moderator
197 posts
4,945 battles

Q1 Aigle is kinda difficult ship for newcomers or unexperienced players. But if you become used to it, it will be good with large caliber gun for destroyers.

Q2 What you already have one will be disappear and you will get new one probably

[1NATN]
489 posts
16,543 battles

What Ch0min said tbh.

I don't mind the Aigle, but it's not exactly a fun bote and is a bit awkward to use. As far as I know, you can't accumulate discount tokens. If you don't use the one you have before Christmas it's unlikely you'll have two.

[TF44]
72 posts
9,962 battles

TinDingo,

1.     I do not have the Aigle however I did research it and found that the consensus was Mehbote. I think ch0m1n and Bex have covered this question well.

2.     The ship discount coupon you have will be rescinded and a replacement coupon issued to you.

My suggestions for the use of your coal:

Upgrades - Provide a boost to the duration of the associated consumable. I especially favour those that utilise Slot 2

Commanders - A 10 pt Captain saves a reasonable amount of the grind and for most ships, provide the core skills which enhance the ship capability

Containers - Finish any incomplete collection that you may have. The end rewards for the available completed collections are good.

Cheers

674 posts
5,398 battles

Hi. Welcome to the game, captain.

I don't own an Aigle myself so I won't butt in any opinion about that ship. However, if you do want a T6 DD I'd recommend tech tree ones instead. Japanese Fubuki for torpedo attacks, American Farragut and German Gaede for better guns. Gaede is more of an all-around ship so either go for guns or torpedoes are fine. Icarus can be a "meh" ship (very unappealing for me), but Jervis can be quite good.

As for Coal, save it for higher tiered ships (best options are of course the T9 and T10) and "special" upgrades for better consumable usage. Camouflages and signal flags aren't an issue at all if you participate in montly Public tests and, of course, just playing the game. Acquiring captains is a good option too.

Almost forgot, coupons are replaced, not added. You get one Ship coupon per two Updates. If you still have 1 ship coupon when the update hits, that coupon will be replaced with the new one.

Edited by Paladinum

263 posts
8,516 battles

Aigle is fun but hard to play well ; that's how I would describe it ; if you just want the best win / survival chance this might not be the boat but its fun playing is enormous , it dictate a different approach than most other DD and quite unlike them in most respect. So you had to decide if its good for you or not

8 posts
2,704 battles

Thanks guys (or gals).

I think I will get the Aigle simply because it is "free" and I don't want to lose the coupon.

I am "free to play" after all (yes, one of those) and I only play Ships when I am too angry at WG to play Tanks.

Thanks again.

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
9 hours ago, TinDingo said:

Thanks guys (or gals).

I think I will get the Aigle simply because it is "free" and I don't want to lose the coupon.

I am "free to play" after all (yes, one of those) and I only play Ships when I am too angry at WG to play Tanks.

Thanks again.

I understand not wanting to waste a "free "opportunity.

I have bought ships on coupons for coal and real life dollars for this very reason so I understand where you are coming from.

I have many destroyer gunboats including tech tree and premiums.

Do not get Aigle. Save your coal. Other things will come along.

I did and don't regret it but almost any other DD gunboat is better/more fun to play, whether premium or tech tree.

Just my opinion.

If you already bought her, don't worry, she is great in Coop where the enemy are predictable and her horrible fire arcs aren't as restrictive.

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
9 hours ago, TinDingo said:

Nothing wrong with playing this game in Free to Play.

Not one thing at all.

Tech tree ships are fine.