Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waichung1823

How to memeland?

17 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
446 posts
1,470 battles

So i just unlock Cleveland this morning. Qas stuck in between the choice to take AA upgrade or Aiming system. 

I consider AA upgrade at first, but i dont think i met CV at high tier, maybe this is a better choice for next year CV rework? Or should i go for aiming system upgrade? 

Next question is, radar or spotter? This ship has abysmal range, i may need to run spotter sometimes but at the same time what if enemy team has more DD, it will require Radar to spot them. I don't want to fall into situation of 'WHO HAD RADAR' lol 

Ps : Captain skill i took is PT, DE, IFHE, CE & AR

Edited by waichung1823

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles

Would love to send you some of the replays of playing Cleveland. But I think game got an update. Im not a fan of spotter. Pretty useless to be honest. The duration isn't long enough to give you much damage output than you normally get by Clever(!) positioning.

Beta Tester
1,609 posts
10,212 battles
Just now, icy_phoenix said:

Would love to send you some of the replays of playing Cleveland. But I think game got an update. Im not a fan of spotter. Pretty useless to be honest. The duration isn't long enough to give you much damage output than you normally get by Clever(!) positioning.

Cleverland positioning.

241 posts
8,491 battles
3 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

So i just unlock Cleveland this morning. Qas stuck in between the choice to take AA upgrade or Aiming system. 

I consider AA upgrade at first, but i dont think i met CV at high tier, maybe this is a better choice for next year CV rework? Or should i go for aiming system upgrade? 

Next question is, radar or spotter? This ship has abysmal range, i may need to run spotter sometimes but at the same time what if enemy team has more DD, it will require Radar to spot them. I don't want to fall into situation of 'WHO HAD RADAR' lol 

Ps : Captain skill i took is PT, DE, IFHE, CE & AR

Just Take AA, useful to get rid enemy spotter plane much faster...
second take radar, because u only have 15.6 km and doesnt have range mod so spotter plane is bit useless, and your job is hunt DD......
ur concealment is 9.1 km ( CE build) the moment u got detected, they already in ur radar range.....
just kee hugging island if u want survive until end game.....

Edited by Gesterbein

Beta Tester
1,609 posts
10,212 battles

Back in the day, when she would strip planes from the sky with BFT AFT, I specced her for secondaries.

I know, I know... was still fun but.

I would take hydro and watch for the first sign a DD was gonna smoke and just charge straight at them.

Fun.

That was back in the T6 days when her AA was good enough at her tier without special bits.

But AFTER the era when she could burn down battleships from 12 parsecs away.

If you know what I mean, you know what I mean!

😄

[LBAS]
446 posts
1,470 battles
7 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

You're lucky. cherry blossom just started on ops of the week.

Yep very coincidence xD 

I still play with stock module, and trying to get used to the lob shells, it take lightyear to reach to the ground, like a lay down Murican haha

[LBAS]
446 posts
1,470 battles
2 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

Hug island and radar=profit

Use the AA upgrade, decimate any spotter plane that tries to spot u in your AA field

Radar is fun, i try it in Cherry Blossom and raep poi ships hiding in smoke. 

Will mount AA upgrade later. It seems everyone suggest AA over Aiming 

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles

@waichung1823, you can definitely try Cleveland on Cherry Blossom, and may be even grind her out there. However, I found my latest Cleveland replays (13). If you are interested on how Cleveland is played on various maps, including stock grind, and utilization of terrain and RADAR, pushing and defending situations, feel free to take a look. These replays work on current version of WoWS. You don't have to watch them full length, just skip to next one once you get the idea.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qh7DzkWcgt1jVCKdDK7TyHsFOuLPjfJk

Good thing about these games, me and Sunny ( @sunlo2013 ) both played Clevelands, so you can check two good positioning in each match, on several maps, and you should be able to plan your strategies from there.

• Captain build: PT, AR, DE, CE, IFHE.
  • Ship build: Concealment, AA range, DCP, Main battery mod.
  • Consumables: Typical premium consumables (RADAR).

Disclaimer: I am by no means a great Cleveland player, and many of these games are your typical everyday game, a few of them were good, but not the sexy 300k ones that pros put up in their channels. That's why I think these will be more relate-able. About ship composition in division, we had no choice, these were the only ships we had on NA server 😛

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
4,012 posts
4,448 battles

Cherry Blossom was made for the cheatland.  Stack camos and flags and watch the Grind. Melt away. If credits aren't a issue then just keep using the ship over and over for the 75k cost

226 posts
3,146 battles
5 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Cherry Blossom was made for the cheatland.  Stack camos and flags and watch the Grind. Melt away. If credits aren't a issue then just keep using the ship over and over for the 75k cost

Yups, I grinded past cleveland (and at the same time hoarding ridiculous amount of fxp) just in a few hours doing this lol

[LBAS]
446 posts
1,470 battles
18 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

@waichung1823, you can definitely try Cleveland on Cherry Blossom, and may be even grind her out there. However, I found my latest Cleveland replays (13). If you are interested on how Cleveland is played on various maps, including stock grind, and utilization of terrain and RADAR, pushing and defending situations, feel free to take a look. These replays work on current version of WoWS. You don't have to watch them full length, just skip to next one once you get the idea.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qh7DzkWcgt1jVCKdDK7TyHsFOuLPjfJk

Good thing about these games, me and Sunny ( @sunlo2013 ) both played Clevelands, so you can check two good positioning in each match, on several maps, and you should be able to plan your strategies from there.

• Captain build: PT, AR, DE, CE, IFHE.
  • Ship build: Concealment, AA range, DCP, Main battery mod.
  • Consumables: Typical premium consumables (RADAR).

Disclaimer: I am by no means a great Cleveland player, and many of these games are your typical everyday game, a few of them were good, but not the sexy 300k ones that pros put up in their channels. That's why I think these will be more relate-able. About ship composition in division, we had no choice, these were the only ships we had on NA server 😛

I realise Cleveland cannot tank shells like Baltimore does. Thanks for the replay, already run few trials on Cherry, will try to bring it to random once i upgrade the hull, hope T8 MM wont screw me up 😕

Edited by waichung1823

[LBAS]
446 posts
1,470 battles
11 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Yes this is crazy, i farmed 100k commander xp and 60k xp in a day 

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles
2 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

I realise Cleveland cannot tank shells like Baltimore does.

Well, you shouldn't be tanking at all with US cruisers unless the situation is dire.

Sign in to follow this