Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Op of the Week - Cherry Blossom

55 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles

Hmm. Mixed feelings.

I only have a very small selection of ships to play in it.

Can go very well though. Probably one of the easier ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles

Just had a run in Baltimore and Cleveland.

I don't know if it's just new people getting used to Op but...

I think the enemy focused the two regiments harder than I remember?

I don't remember them getting hurt so quickly before?

Or perhaps people know that two cruisers appear early and broadside so they ignore the regiments and position to get fast AP kills/damage farm?

Anyway, seems more important to intercept enemy firing on regiments.

Don't know if that's changed or people learning Op. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,059 posts
6,678 battles

Too often in the past players would run off to farm targets and leave the regiments to get wiped out. Nothing new there :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,247
[TLS]
Member
2,082 posts
17,759 battles

Problem is people ignore the myokos and incoming dds in favour of trying to hit the clear distractions that are the aobas. Aiming for the Aobas means that you guns are not in position to hit the myokos.

Also I suddenly remember one important change recently: IJN cruisers now have Zao levels of accuracy. Which means... more shells land on the regiments.

But seriously, people don't prioritize their targets. For me, everyone aim to clear the two myokos. The outermost 1 or at most 2 cruiser(s) attacks the aobas. Frequently I see people trying to hit the aobas from bad angles and wasting 30s of turret traverse to realign to the myoko.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,247
[TLS]
Member
2,082 posts
17,759 battles
1 minute ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Too often in the past players would run off to farm targets and leave the regiments to get wiped out. Nothing new there :Smile_sceptic:

They are taking a course called Idiocity 101 in addition to Lemming 101 in the hopes of progressing to Advanced Idiocity 201.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles

Here's a little dance number I like to call:

The Baltimore Five Star

It's a wonderful little jig where you and your dance partners sweep down and spin around the Myokos and then form a Can-Can kick line all the way to the aerodromes.

(See, I don't ALWAYS only post results where I am top of team 😛 )

balt_5_star.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles

What kind of player are you?

In the op I took this map picture in, only two of use attacked the Myokos.

We lost one regiment and only just saved the other.

We saved the whole team from a fail right at the start and salvaged 4 stars.

What kind of player are you?

what_are_you.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I need as much xp as possible so selfish it is.

 

bigstock-Banned-44484928-583x411.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,247
[TLS]
Member
2,082 posts
17,759 battles
19 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

What kind of player are you?

In the op I took this map picture in, only two of use attacked the Myokos.

We lost one regiment and only just saved the other.

We saved the whole team from a fail right at the start and salvaged 4 stars.

What kind of player are you?

what_are_you.jpg

Interestingly, playing as a TEAM for FIVE stars gains people maximum XP, personal rewards and survivability. XP you get from 5 stars is still more than the xp you get from poorly attempting to farm and ending up with less stars. Interestingly, when I play as a team effort, I end up vastly outperforming the idiot that was attempting to farm.

9 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

 

bigstock-Banned-44484928-583x411.jpg

Agreed.

Speaking of which, earlier this week, the spagehtti snapped while I was playing CV in Newport. I was doing all the carrying, spotting the dds, etc2 but my team was being idiotic campers and not taking advantage of the work I was provided. So I decided: F it. If team is playing to lose, why tf am I putting so much effort. So I stopped putting in the effort and decided to play for glorious defeat. If I am not getting my 5 stars worth of XP, then no one should especially when I am putting in huge efforts.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
Addendum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[TF44]
Member
193 posts
7,613 battles
47 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Here's a little dance number I like to call:

The Baltimore Five Star

It's a wonderful little jig where you and your dance partners sweep down and spin around the Myokos and then form a Can-Can kick line all the way to the aerodromes.

(See, I don't ALWAYS only post results where I am top of team 😛 )

balt_5_star.jpg

KERCHING!!!! Nicely loaded up on flags etc.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,795
[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,504 battles
25 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

what_are_you.jpg

But this is also the optimal winning strategy. You don't need 5 ships to kill 2 ijn cruisers, and 3 DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

But this is also the optimal winning strategy. You don't need 5 ships to kill 2 ijn cruisers, and 3 DDs.

In this specific battle we needed at least on other to notice the regiments health and to lob a salvo or two into the Myokos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,343
Member
2,905 posts
6,692 battles
23 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

 

bigstock-Banned-44484928-583x411.jpg

Grinding T8 ships is a pain in the aft okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
911
[CLAY]
Member
1,496 posts
9,301 battles

I always rush ahead to get easy broadside targets on the CA attacking the regiments... Big juicy broadside Myoko,.. why would you NOT go for it? Also the whole avoiding a fail thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles
16 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Grinding T8 ships is a pain in the aft okay?

LOL, what I thought of when you said this.

Pop-culture association football.

tumblr_lc3n8k8Tq11qbxn7go1_500.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles
3 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I always rush ahead to get easy broadside targets on the CA attacking the regiments... Big juicy broadside Myoko,.. why would you NOT go for it? Also the whole avoiding a fail thing.

Oh yeah baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles
35 minutes ago, scottme said:

KERCHING!!!! Nicely loaded up on flags etc.

Ops are so worth it right!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,082
[MRI]
Member
2,223 posts
11,861 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Also I suddenly remember one important change recently: IJN cruisers now have Zao levels of accuracy. Which means... more shells land on the regiments.

This could be it.

But honestly I don't really mind. Imo this Op is one of the, if not the, easiest of all the Ops in the game. Very simple to get 5-star wins.

This to grind my Cleveland through to the Seattle. :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles
7 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

This to grind my Cleveland through to the Seattle. :cap_rambo:

That seems to be a popular idea today 😄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,445
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,904 battles
40 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Time to farm commander XP on the MK

I chose Raiden!

Oh wait, not THAT MK...

Nevermind. 

Do what you want.

raiden-mk9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×