Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mechfori

Cocealment no longer needed !! or is the mechanism broken

20 comments in this topic

118 posts
8,121 battles

am I seeing a trend here, lately on high tier games specifically games where we can find Radars , sometimes 2, sometimes 3 or 4 I am seeing more DD player who have their DD totally devoid of any concealment other than the native one on the ship or at best the camou provide. Now I can understand this if its the Soviet gunboat, you really cannot conceal those no matte what but also I am seeing that on many otherwise good concealment boats even the IJN DD, and talking to a few on the chat it seems that the logic is  there will only be 4 DD per game coming, and more slot is now allocated to CA which mean there is going to be more Radar coverage both in range, time, and Area(s) [ especially if the team decide to concentrate ) so no matter what concealment it just won't work; its better to fight partisan and range style ( in those guys word ).

Do you see that in game ; and is it going to be a concern .. for me I just still play my boat on stealth build but I had to agree in many cases there is a point to that logic. I've been on games where there is only 2 Area(s) to be contested and hey there is 4 Radar per team. Needless to say, it just turn into long range gun duel than anything else, and light and fast force dare to go in will instantly got  cross fired upon and die quick and tha's for both side. So wha's the poit of te light and fast force in such when  really nothing work for them. They cannot get in range and the cannot contest. You know , tha 20KM Shima torp that so many hate suddenly made a lot of sense .. at least one cannot deny its area denial effect

118 posts
8,121 battles

I think the forum rule specifically banning finger pointing .. and naming .. am I correct ???

Just for discussion, like being stated, this is jst what I am seeing and hearing from others , what's the take from the gang here ... it might just be me .. but yeah I play on NA also

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles
5 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

I think the forum rule specifically banning finger pointing .. and naming .. am I correct ???

Just for discussion, like being stated, this is jst what I am seeing and hearing from others , what's the take from the gang here ... it might just be me .. but yeah I play on NA also

Well you can post reddit links, youtube links etc. Or even thread links from other forums.

But yeah, I predict something out of NA. In SEA I'm barely 1320 WTR  player, on NA, I am almost 1600 WTR. And none of these two accounts are rerolls, both from 2015. This just shows the skill difference between SEA and NA. They just don't understand the game and keep doing random things......

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles

As for the general thought here (and within our clans and friends communities), you don't hit battle button without CE on most ships. Possible exclusions are KM BBs, VMF gunboat lines etc. It's not about when you get spotted or how, it's about taking the first shot while enemy is still searching for a target. You always have upper hand against your peer without CE.

Edited by icy_phoenix

4,729 posts
18,609 battles

idiots play this game like a slow paced FPS, while the chad unicums play it like a RTS with FPS elements, and what's the most important aspect of RTSs?

information

CE denies the other team of information for a few critical seconds while you get info in advance. it's true the since everyone takes CE that it dosnt give you a edge over everything else, but if you dont take it it's intentionally handicapping yourself. which is stupid

so yeah, take out of that what you will

118 posts
8,121 battles

I really do not think another Radar complain needed, everyone well aware of that already. Actually I am not against Radar , what I am against is a bad Radar game mechanism and when the game start to have French, then UK , then US CL line it become clogged with Radar which create situations where DD and good concealing CL start to have their concealment nullified, again that is not a issue if the Radar is done right ( which its not ) and not of such abundance. Game matching with limited quantity of DD and then give a load of slots to Radar equipped ships then become an element that should be noted

WG are saying they are looking into revamping some of that mechanism but the changes mentioned I see as only cursory measure and not going to be really effective. Already limiting 4 DD per side is already against their ( suppose to be ) game intention to be realistic .. in real battle ( as any interested in WWI and WWII naval history can tell ) there are vastly a lot more DD in a fleet than BB and no less CA / CL

There is nothing wrong with an alternative play style AFAIC, if someone think its OK and able to play that alternative style, then why not , I do also forego concealment on my VMF gunboats and seriously considering that for the IJN machine guns too, if others find it OK to play that way for say their Asian DD or their German DD or even their torp boats they are welcomed.

4,729 posts
18,609 battles
5 hours ago, Mechfori said:

I really do not think another Radar complain needed, everyone well aware of that already. Actually I am not against Radar , what I am against is a bad Radar game mechanism and when the game start to have French, then UK , then US CL line it become clogged with Radar which create situations where DD and good concealing CL start to have their concealment nullified, again that is not a issue if the Radar is done right ( which its not ) and not of such abundance. Game matching with limited quantity of DD and then give a load of slots to Radar equipped ships then become an element that should be noted

WG are saying they are looking into revamping some of that mechanism but the changes mentioned I see as only cursory measure and not going to be really effective. Already limiting 4 DD per side is already against their ( suppose to be ) game intention to be realistic .. in real battle ( as any interested in WWI and WWII naval history can tell ) there are vastly a lot more DD in a fleet than BB and no less CA / CL

There is nothing wrong with an alternative play style AFAIC, if someone think its OK and able to play that alternative style, then why not , I do also forego concealment on my VMF gunboats and seriously considering that for the IJN machine guns too, if others find it OK to play that way for say their Asian DD or their German DD or even their torp boats they are welcomed.

since when did the french have radar?

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

me: spam 20km torpedo the whole match

try to radar me? nope, I'm 20km away  LOL

cap? who care!

high risk, no return

pure punishment.

Just curious, how many of those actually land on a red ship?

131 posts
366 battles
7 hours ago, drakon233 said:

since when did the french have radar?

with some commander skill, french already have radar long looong ago

people just ignorant to equip radar in their CA

4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Just curious, how many of those actually land on a red ship?

there is accident my CV is got hit by 1 Long Lance Torpedo. 

1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

You must be a German U-boat Commander..... They were sick of all these ships with radar too......

Ordrazz

did you mean Zestorer? U boat dont get detected by radar.....

15 hours ago, drakon233 said:

CE denies the other team of information for a few critical seconds while you get info in advance. it's true the since everyone takes CE that it dosnt give you a edge over everything else, but if you dont take it it's intentionally handicapping yourself. which is stupid

CV say hi

16 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Do you see that in game ; and is it going to be a concern .. for me I just still play my boat on stealth build but I had to agree in many cases there is a point to that logic. I've been on games where there is only 2 Area(s) to be contested and hey there is 4 Radar per team. Needless to say, it just turn into long range gun duel than anything else, and light and fast force dare to go in will instantly got  cross fired upon and die quick and tha's for both side. So wha's the poit of te light and fast force in such when  really nothing work for them. They cannot get in range and the cannot contest. You know , tha 20KM Shima torp that so many hate suddenly made a lot of sense .. at least one cannot deny its area denial effect

Concealment will be obsolete soon for surface ship, now mount AFT or Manual AA

CV WILL RULE AGAIN NEXT PATCH AND EVERY SURFACE SHIP IS OBSOLOTE

who need concealment if CV attack you 24/7??

ALL HAIL CV

the MASTER RACE OF MANKIND!

<CV player just developed fascism>

[SEARN]
617 posts
8,748 battles

Whether or not there is a trend of people playing without concealment build doesn't change how important it is.

Concealment and knowing how to use it to your advantage means you control the battle space. You are able to pick and choose engagement that favour you and leave the ones that do not. It is a very important skill on most DD, CL/CA and BB. You get to shoot first when it favours you and take your enemy by surprise. 

Here is a Flamu Vid of the upcoming USS Wichita Premium US heavy cruiser. The excellent 8.7 km full concealment build value may change for the USS Wichita, but the vid shows just how important concealment and using it to your advantage is. 

131 posts
366 battles
56 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Whether or not there is a trend of people playing without concealment build doesn't change how important it is.

Concealment and knowing how to use it to your advantage means you control the battle space. You are able to pick and choose engagement that favour you and leave the ones that do not. It is a very important skill on most DD, CL/CA and BB. You get to shoot first when it favours you and take your enemy by surprise. 

Here is a Flamu Vid of the upcoming USS Wichita Premium US heavy cruiser. The excellent 8.7 km full concealment build value may change for the USS Wichita, but the vid shows just how important concealment and using it to your advantage is. 

HOLY SHEEEEET 

8.7km concealment + radar + T8 = RIP T6 DD

1,152 posts
8 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

Oh nice, and you have to set your profile hidden. I am just curious about the % of torp hits on those long lances.

4-5% top

lower than average I'll give you that. very inconsistent.

but compare to getting light up by cheat program radar every time you try to cap for team and shot to half dead...

my 'sanity' value is safer this way 🙂

Sign in to follow this