Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

What was your first Premium Ship?

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,609 posts
10,212 battles

And was it a good choice?

Mine was Yubari. In retrospect I'm not sure if she was a good choice.

At the time it was promoted as having "Strong AA" and my reasoning at the time, as I got into the game was to play AA boats and CVs... to learn both Air Power and Anti Air Power... well, that's what I thought... at the time...

Three years later and I have a shipload of US ships and only one CV!

So I guess I pursued the strong AA aspect at least...?

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.12.10 - 10.48.07.44.png

280 posts
2,269 battles

Hi Max

My first premium(s) were Scharnhorst then Warspite. The "Shiny Horse" was a "offer ship" and the Warspite -- well, lets just say she was RN and leave it at that.

I have never regretted purchasing either of those two ships and have trained many captains with them. Gaining elite commanders in these ships resulted in kick starting Commanders in other Tech tree lines. The big plus has been that they are still very enjoyable to play. In the few "Random battles" that I played in them -- Many moon's ago -- they did quite well and were fun to play just in themselves. As for suitable op's, they and their tech tree counterparts -- Gneisenau and Queen Elisabeth are my Go-to ships.

Many other premiums have joined them and are in the "No regrets" category. :Smile_facepalm: Yes I love my BB's.:Smile_great: 

Cheer's for now.

Alex B_T23

[HMASW]
1,620 posts

Tirpitz, when it first came out, & still my most played (& best) t8 ship.

2nd was Mikasa when it came out.... Love those secondaries...

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
1,609 posts
10,212 battles
1 minute ago, Ordrazz said:

2nd was Mikasa when it came out.... Love those secondaries...

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

Ha ha. It's almost not worth firing the main guns right? That dispersion is hilariously ludicrous.

But the pew-pew on the secondaries - I agree, is fun.

149 posts
1,026 battles

Dunkerque, it looked cool in the pictures but lawd knows it's fragile on the broadside and terribly inaccurate. 

But it didn't bother me cause the ship is the fastest of her tier and thats a big advantage when fighting actual BBs and it has a better chance at dodging torps.

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel

48 posts
5,074 battles

Anshan, great ship but not the great trainer I was hoping for, as it needs Expert Marksman and none of the other PA DDs need it.

Still, the 100% Free XP bonus on it helped grind the Musashi....

100 posts
5,134 battles

My first premium ships... For free, Guilio Cesare that acquired from daily super container (the first and the only ship, so far), also the first premium ship I got. Paid with my own wallet money, Scharnhorst.

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles

Kutuzov (got her when she came out for the first time)... I bought her after getting pissed by the slow St Louis. I mean, why would I play T3 when I could simply buy a T8.... 💰

Edited by icy_phoenix

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
259 posts
14,075 battles

Mine was the Yubari  too; back when you could do missions with a T4 ship.  A great ship to reduce the possibility of a CV in the game.

Pity WG gave it 4 main guns instead of the 6 it had according to Jane's Warships....game balance ?

1,459 posts
9,432 battles

My first was the free Graf Spee I got from the Xmas/end of year event two years ago (forgot the name).

My first paid ship was the Ishizuchi I think. Got her during a 50% off doubloon cost. Pretty fun ship, she was the original hipster doing the whole BB HE spam thing before the new RN BB kids made it cool.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
259 posts
14,075 battles
4 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

My first was the free Graf Spee I got from the Xmas/end of year event two years ago (forgot the name).

My first paid ship was the Ishizuchi I think. Got her during a 50% off doubloon cost. Pretty fun ship, she was the original hipster doing the whole BB HE spam thing before the new RN BB kids made it cool.

Ishizuchi is fun especially since it had its range buffed.

Strange, I thought WG said they weren't going to change Premiums but then changed their mind unless it is a banned ship like the Missouri, Belfast etc - Vodka logic.

Edited by Razide

Beta Tester
1,609 posts
10,212 battles
19 minutes ago, Razide said:

Ishizuchi is fun especially since it had its range buffed.

Strange, I thought WG said they weren't going to change Premiums but then changed their mind unless it is a banned ship like the Missouri, Belfast etc - Vodka logic.

Yeah then they did that super module work around for Yubari though.

Makes main guns so accurate - like Russian guns but maybe even moar bias!

334 posts
17,538 battles

my first one was the Albany got it with the wg birthday bonus when i started my account. played it a  bit figured it was me being terrible at the game. started to get a bit better with the ship then everyone was saying it was terrible but hey found it at least as good as the tech tree ones and  good for a laugh and fun.

Played it with the same captain to get the 10 point captain. Got AFT on it a bit before AFT was changed. was grinding to CE when the tree was reworked.  I played it enough to get a 55% win rate and 3 years later it is still my most played ship.

First Bought ship was The Aurora.

[1NATN]
481 posts
16,215 battles

Albany was the first but it was a freebie so doesn't really count. The first I bought was Murmansk. Loved it at the time, then MM took a dump on it.

[HMASW]
1,620 posts
1 hour ago, Snow75 said:

Albany, was a wg birthday gift years ago.

Hated it and sold it. Port slot came in handy

I waited over 2 years for a chance to get the Albany! Finally got it when it popped up for sale.....

Beta Tester
14 posts
1,117 battles

Mine was the Atago. Needless to say she has stand the test of time and is still regarded as a strong cruiser even now. From then I got myself a ton of other premium ships, including my darling Mighty Mo which I love to bits. But Atago is still one of the go to ships that I play when I just want to chill and have some fun. A very lovely ship.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,798 posts
7,373 battles

It was sooo long ago, I forget.

Either Gremy or there was a package where you got Sims, Yubari and Warpite.

67 posts
5,972 battles

Mine, I believe, is Albany.

It's freebie from WG but hell she came when your detection range can exceed your gun range. I mean she has shorter gun range than Umikaze torpedoes back then.

Sign in to follow this