Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MikuChrome

Thanks, Santa

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
211 posts
11,972 battles

Gotta love it right ?
Players celebrate christmas by buying these boxes to see what kind of "special" items they might get.
Maybe a new and free playable fun ship, premium account, premium ship, campaign like halloween's.

but nope
Lootboxes, it is actually ironic that these boxes happens to be giving out a coal.
Coal, one of the items to be handing out for misbehaving children.

Is he implying the players are misbehaving for buying these lootboxes ?
Are the players doing something bad in the game ?
You be the judge.

Thanks for reading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
384 posts
5,258 battles

Read a post on reddit where a guy claimed to have bought 200 Mega crates just to get a Missouri. $750 US. Just kept going until he got it. Last premium on the list to drop, apparently. I have every reason to believe he wasn't joking.

Think of it as a fund-raising Xmas raffle with the proceeds going to WG. That's not too far off from the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[AMPOL]
Member
145 posts
4,480 battles
7 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Read a post on reddit where a guy claimed to have bought 200 Mega crates just to get a Missouri. $750 US. Just kept going until he got it. Last premium on the list to drop, apparently. I have every reason to believe he wasn't joking.

Think of it as a fund-raising Xmas raffle with the proceeds going to WG. That's not too far off from the truth.

I wonder  how many Missouris get handed out in xmas crates all regions. Maybe a few dozen at absolute best? Probably from a few thousand crates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,607 posts
10,148 battles
3 hours ago, NZ_gramps said:

25 Mega Santa Gifts and not one single Prem Ship 😞 wont be buying anymore crates me thinks, you may fool me once........

Wow.

I got 3 from 10... sorry for your loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
34 posts
17,204 battles
3 hours ago, NZ_gramps said:

25 Mega Santa Gifts and not one single Prem Ship 😞 wont be buying anymore crates me thinks, you may fool me once........

Sorry for your loss too.. got my last ship free from Gift exchange .... 1 mega crates only....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,607 posts
10,148 battles

 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, MikuChrome said:

Gotta love it right ?
Players celebrate christmas by buying these boxes to see what kind of "special" items they might get.
Maybe a new and free playable fun ship, premium account, premium ship, campaign like halloween's.

but nope
Lootboxes, it is actually ironic that these boxes happens to be giving out a coal.
Coal, one of the items to be handing out for misbehaving children.

Is he implying the players are misbehaving for buying these lootboxes ?
Are the players doing something bad in the game ?
You be the judge.

Thanks for reading

I'm not a good person.

I got coal.

Your argument is valid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
7 posts
570 battles
21 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Wow.

I got 3 from 10... sorry for your loss.

Wow

F$%# me.......right

 

Thanks WG once again, statistically speaking i should have got at least one.

Edited by NZ_gramps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,607 posts
10,148 battles
2 hours ago, NZ_gramps said:

Wow

F$%# me.......right

 

Thanks WG once again, statistically speaking i should have got at least one.

Don't know, man.

As we don't know the exact drop chances, it's hard to say.

I accepted that I was gambling, but yeah, as I look over who got what, there do seem to be a lot of people getting ships.

BUT, like I say, without knowing the drop chances, all we can do is gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
4,004 posts
4,419 battles

Unless you want a better return on the peripheral stuff then it makes not difference whether you got a Mega or a small crate as we will never know the odds.  People should not be getting worked up about it.

 

I got the large crates and dropped a Z39 and Nueve

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,607 posts
10,148 battles
3 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Unless you want a better return on the peripheral stuff then it makes not difference whether you got a Mega or a small crate as we will never know the odds.  People should not be getting worked up about it.

 

I got the large crates and dropped a Z39 and Nueve

 

 

How many crates to drop 2 ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
4,004 posts
4,419 battles

I got 20.   I always like a lot of camo and flags etc and I guess ships are just a novelty now if they drop as I really don't play them too much.  I've got around 40-50 prem ships (about 40% of my fleet) and I only ever play them occasionally. The only two ships I really want in the game are the Nikolai and the Kami. 

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,607 posts
10,148 battles
8 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I got 20.   I always like a lot of camo and flags etc and I guess ships are just a novelty now if they drop as I really don't play them too much.  I've got around 40-50 prem ships (about 40% of my fleet) and I only ever play them occasionally. The only two ships I really want in the game are the Nikolai and the Kami. 

Hmmm. I'm in a similar boat.

IN A SIMILAR BOAT! 😄 😄 😄

Ahem, sorry.

I have plenty of boats to go on with and the peripherals are probably just as useful to me now.

Tempted to get some "lower drop chance" containers just to get resources, camos and uber flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
7 posts
570 battles
On 12/12/2018 at 1:05 PM, Max_Battle said:

Wow.

I got 3 from 10... sorry for your loss.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:16 PM, Max_Battle said:

Hmmm. I'm in a similar boat.

IN A SIMILAR BOAT! 😄 😄 😄

Ahem, sorry.

I have plenty of boats to go on with and the peripherals are probably just as useful to me now.

Tempted to get some "lower drop chance" containers just to get resources, camos and uber flags.

 

On 12/13/2018 at 1:06 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I got 20.   I always like a lot of camo and flags etc and I guess ships are just a novelty now if they drop as I really don't play them too much.  I've got around 40-50 prem ships (about 40% of my fleet) and I only ever play them occasionally. The only two ships I really want in the game are the Nikolai and the Kami. 

seems almost every one is getting at least one ship from these crates would be interesting to see the statistic of how many players got diddily.

oh wait just me..........statistic complete

Edited by NZ_gramps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
7 posts
570 battles

Not really worked up just a huge waste of money for the $150 i spent on these Mega Crates i could have bought 2 x Tier8 Battleships, instead i got bunch of flags, some gold and one drop of Coal, whoopie

Even just one ship would have made it seem worth it.

Edited by NZ_gramps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
353 posts
On 12/12/2018 at 7:05 AM, Max_Battle said:

Wow.

I got 3 from 10... sorry for your loss.

I was trying to hide that I got 4 ships from 40 mega boxes (was intend to buy 20, but eventually bought 2 sets so..) - one of them is tier 9.

looks like I shouldn't need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
43 posts
9,086 battles
Just now, Otago_F111 said:

I just got an Ashan with the free xmas box that drops daily ... nice one WG.

what do you mean, free xmas box that drops daily... im not recieving daily xmas box's:Smile_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
132 posts
3,393 battles
4 minutes ago, KingOchaos said:

what do you mean, free xmas box that drops daily... im not recieving daily xmas box's:Smile_unsure:

seems to drop around about the 3rd box drop of the 4 free ones. its an extra one so get to open 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×