Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

Guilio Banned from Store?

20 comments in this topic

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
256 posts
13,287 battles

Yes I was a bit suspicious seeing it lumped in with the 'banned' ships.

It was also previously available for doubloons for a while too.

Edited by Razide

445 posts

I do remember that it was on sale for the initial release in both the store and tech tree, but I can't remember if it's ever been back. 

I know Nikolia was on sale for it's first release and then banned. 

Are they now putting it in the banned list for the stores?

Maybe that's what they are telling everyone.  

Beta Tester
627 posts
6,893 battles
2 hours ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

Underrated ship, I don't see a lot of them around. 

Underrated? By whom?

It's one of the most OP ships in the game, you could just make it a T6 as is and it would still be strong.

I don't think they have ever announced it as being removed from sale - they just never sell it, so I guess that amounts to the same thing.

1,381 posts
9,045 battles

Afaik, it hasn't been removed from sale, or at least it was not announced by WG.

With that said though, I do remember WG acknowledging that it may be OP, and therefore they are keeping a very close eye on its stats.

51 posts
4,777 battles

I got the Cesare via supercontainer, It's the first and the only ship I got from SC on daily container reward so far. I only remember when she sold last year and earlier this year (if I'm not wrong). Even then only in a short period of time, before disappearing again from the premium shop.

Edited by Sharr_Dextera

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,628 battles

I got mine in Santa crates last year, omg that ship is good, eats pens out the wahzoo, makes up for it with punishing guns...

With a bit of blessing from RNG Kongo is better but if GC gets the same RNG blessing it's god-tier.

331 posts
6,991 battles

GC is a cracking ship. I would say Okto Rev is also up on that list for being really strong with its trollish armour and 12 guns. At least Okto Rev has that odd DCP consumable that balances it out a little. But never the less its still a good second to GC.

Super Tester
7,715 posts
8,025 battles

The store entries are alternated based on what are currently on sale in the tech tree as well. Take a look at both places. GC is not yet banned, and there isn't any apparent reason to do so in my opinion.

Both GC and Okt has their own weaknesses, unlike the ones that got removed like Gremy, Nikolai, Belfast, Kutuzov, Kamikaze which have no apparent weaknesses fulfilling their respective roles. and of course completely broken premium CVs.

Beta Tester
627 posts
6,893 battles
3 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

It is one of the most OP ship tier to tier in the game. Yes, I put it in par of Belfast and Kutozov.

Kutuzov win rate - 51.1%

Belfast win rate - 55.5%

GC win rate - 58.8%

One of these ships is OP, one is a bit too strong but everyone thinks it's far more powerful than it is, and one is not OP at all but it annoys BB players.

Super Tester
7,715 posts
8,025 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

Kutuzov win rate - 51.1%

Belfast win rate - 55.5%

GC win rate - 58.8%

One of these ships is OP, one is a bit too strong but everyone thinks it's far more powerful than it is, and one is not OP at all but it annoys BB players.

GC still has very low number of battles (200k), almost 20% of what Belfast (1M) and Kutuzov (1.2M) has. It will eventually settle down. The impact of WR is skewed when you go low tiers, rather than in higher tiers and they usually point out player quality using them. Btw, those ships were not removed not because of their WR anyway. Its their ability to do things that they do extremely well, with no typical counterplay..

Now, sure GC will join their rank soon if the stats don't start to settle down. While I was cycling through the stats for all these three ships within top 50%, 25%, 10% and 5% players, you will see how they jump to the top (or almost top) as you keep shrinking player base in terms of skills. That shows that a lot of diversity among playerbase. They are extremely capable in the hands of an informed player. While for GC, it is a bit interesting, at least that's how it appeared to me. It stays far ahead of most others in all player group. That can translate to the fact that the diversity of playerbase for that ship is fairly limited to closely similar performance group. Other obvious possibility: the ship is too good.

WG gave some time before removing Belfast and Kutuzov, and for good reasons. Let's see what happens to GC.

178 posts
7,537 battles

This is one of the ship doesn't need special gimmicks to perform well, it's a beautiful modern ship put in a tier of WW1 dreadnought designs. And its strength compensates less skillful players mistake make it almost idiot proofed ship. It is a ship that hard to pin point why it is so good but it just out preform everything in its tier.

Super Tester
7,715 posts
8,025 battles
1 hour ago, sunlo2013 said:

This is one of the ship doesn't need special gimmicks to perform well, it's a beautiful modern ship put in a tier of WW1 dreadnought designs. And its strength compensates less skillful players mistake make it almost idiot proofed ship. It is a ship that hard to pin point why it is so good but it just out preform everything in its tier.

Exactly my thoughts. On paper, she isn't that extraordinary. I think being a BB helps the matter as well. Since BBs are by nature a bit idiot proof.

Sign in to follow this