Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

Change server

28 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,680 posts
18,037 battles
3 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

When, in the history of botes, has this ever happened?

never

--- there was a offer of transfers from asia to CN when the CN server was created but it wasn't migration, more like special offers 

Edited by drakon233

[LBAS]
195 posts
4,035 battles

I inquired earlier in the year. If you want to change Servers, you can, but you dont get to take anything with you, you just create a new account on the new server.

Which sucks, but I bet their Business Model means transfers are bad.

1,083 posts
3,890 battles

We are not able to transfer your account to another server, unless there is a special mass-transfer event.  Information about mass-transfer events is always posted ahead of time so that you can decide if you would like to transfer your account.

I believe this is better referred to as "when hell freezes over"!

[MEGA]
4,680 posts
18,037 battles
19 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Well they should allow it, even for a fee. Like its hard to cut paste your account onto another server....

it's not hard, in fact it's really easy, it just dosnt fit with their intrests

[151ST]
1,027 posts
4,715 battles

The concern is drifting player-bases, particularly Asia AFAIK.

Many ANZ folks would consider jumping over to NA, 1/3rd of my clan have NA accounts as it is.

So while I understand wanting account moves, I understand why they don't.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,745 battles
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:51 PM, AntifoulAwl said:

When, in the history of botes, has this ever happened?

I'm an ex NA server player, transfer over to ASIA 2012 WoT and then WoWs 2014. still have my alpha tag over on NA.

Oh and it has been done once that I know of for a whole clan to swap servers....for a fee.

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

407 posts
7,311 battles
1 hour ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

I'm an ex NA server player, transfer over to ASIA 2012 WoT and then WoWs 2014. still have my alpha tag over on NA.

Oh and it has been done once that I know of for a whole clan to swap servers....for a fee.

Id be interested to know how they persuaded WG to allow it.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,707 posts
7,273 battles
3 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

? you still have your alpha tag on NA?

Does that mean your account was not closed on NA when you came to ASIA?..Meaning you have duplicate accounts?

I dont understand. If you transferred to here, surely WG have closed NA account.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,745 battles
1 hour ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Does that mean your account was not closed on NA when you came to ASIA?..Meaning you have duplicate accounts?

I dont understand. If you transferred to here, surely WG have closed NA account.

WG did close my WoT NA account, but I asked support to re-open it since it was linked to my WoWp account which is on stuck NA as there is no ASIA server. This has also left my WoWs account open over there...not that I have ever used it.

Ok, just checked looks like I can still install NA server WoWs under my IGN using Wargaming.net (a must have to use WoWP).

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,745 battles
1 hour ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Yes, and on the forum there it's blue not green as it is here. :Smile_ohmy:

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,707 posts
7,273 battles
1 minute ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Yes, and on the forum there it's blue not green as it is here. :Smile_ohmy:

Dastardly rogues. :etc_swear:

51 posts
1,506 battles

Well that is just lame. 

I'm planning to move out of Asia and back to NA next year (august, actually,) and I was really hoping of being able to transfer my account. 

I don't know if I will even be able to access this server over there and still have a decent ping... Grrr...

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,745 battles
16 minutes ago, leerm002 said:

Well that is just lame. 

I'm planning to move out of Asia and back to NA next year (august, actually,) and I was really hoping of being able to transfer my account. 

I don't know if I will even be able to access this server over there and still have a decent ping... Grrr...

I have played WoWp on NA with high ping. This game is a lot more playable at high ping then fast move planes of WoWp

1,083 posts
3,890 battles
5 hours ago, leerm002 said:

Well that is just lame. 

Find another player here who lives in your country and also has an NA account,and see what their experience is like.I'm in Australia and have an NA account as well.Its usually more stable and steadier ping than to the ASIA one.

You may find its still playable from the NA to ASIA.

407 posts
7,311 battles
21 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

If given a chance, majority of better asian playerbase will migrate away. So then 40% WR community can enjoy their game more, since they "play for fun".

Wonder why that is? lol

1 post
970 battles

The only mass migration on any of the servers that I can recall was with WoT when they first opened the SEA server.  Anyone who wanted to could move everything from their old server to the new as a one time only thing. 

Sign in to follow this