Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Luthais

Team Chat

20 comments in this topic

12 posts
1,379 battles

What does it mean when the chat window is full of little squares? As it is an Asian server I expect to see some type of foreign language, but how am I meant to understand when it is filled with little squares?

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
9,332 battles

■■■ ■■ ■■■■

Simple enough to me 😛

j/k

Yeah we all see it all the time.

Sometimes if you simply say, "I only speak English" they will switch back or translate.

And sometimes you just come across putzes no matter what language they speak/type 😄 

[MEGA]
4,664 posts
17,926 battles
15 minutes ago, Luthais said:

What does it mean when the chat window is full of little squares? As it is an Asian server I expect to see some type of foreign language, but how am I meant to understand when it is filled with little squares?

as someone who speaks box, don't worry about it, the boxes are just chitchat and if you type in English most will understand

400 posts
7,243 battles
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

as someone who speaks box, don't worry about it, the boxes are just chitchat and if you type in English most will understand

Or quit ASIA server and join NA. Problem solved.

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
9,332 battles
3 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Also, Americans don't understand Aussies.

LOL.

My father had to be examined by an American doctor once on naval exchange.

When the doctor saw "Australian" on his file, he called for an interpreter.

Not even joking.

329 posts
6,052 battles
7 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

LOL.

My father had to be examined by an American doctor once on naval exchange.

When the doctor saw "Australian" on his file, he called for an interpreter.

Not even joking.

HAHAHA. I DO believe that actually. Mostly because the Doctor was probably one of those people who don't  know the difference between Australia and Austria.:fish_palm:

Apparently, a significant amount of Australian mail goes through Austrian Post Offices.

400 posts
7,243 battles

Cant be any worse than the communication on this server with the ret..ds I see everyday. My ping to NA server is exactly the same to ASIA server. 

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
9,332 battles
5 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Cant be any worse than the communication on this server with the ret..ds I see everyday. My ping to NA server is exactly the same to ASIA server. 

For real?

[BOTES]
Modder
447 posts
3,971 battles
6 hours ago, Luthais said:

It's just CJK (chinese, Japanese and Korean) language users chatting. Wows client cannot display Chinese, Japanese or korean correctly unless one install the game in one of the above language as the “normal” installation doesn't include the font library necessary required by these language. When the client fails to display a character, it automatically falls back to a square box characyer in Unicode, hence the boxes.

That being said, most of the players on SEA understand enough English and you can probably do just fine talking normally.

■■■■■,■■■。■■■■■■■!!!

53 posts
852 battles

I assume they're using characters and symbols not installed on your game files, maybe they're not using English as their default language?

[MEGA]
4,664 posts
17,926 battles
1 minute ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

I assume they're using characters and symbols not installed on your game files, maybe they're not using English as their default language?

read the post above

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
440 posts
15,396 battles
9 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

For real?

My ping goes from about 30 on SEA to 100 on NA and I honestly can’t tell the difference other than NA having more potato.

92 posts
5,304 battles
5 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

I honestly can’t tell the difference other than NA having more potato.

is that possible ?

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
440 posts
15,396 battles
20 minutes ago, chicony56 said:

is that possible ?

I even tested it. Back when ranked was at Tier 6 for a season I played both servers with a Budyonny and had a 76% win rate on NA compared to 58% on SEA. 

Sign in to follow this