You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gummilicious

Open/Close Wallet? 2018 HOHOHO

14 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
195 posts
4,036 battles

I just opened some that I bought.......

The Camo is nice. Very nice. However, you only get 20 per huge crate. Not so great but.....whatever.

2K Dubloons. That's nice.

Economy Flags. That's great, I love those. I'll take every one I can get.....

A Monoghan and a Huanghe......... Just.....two ships that I would never have bought. Seriously, I may never play these ships. They suck!

Worst of all, the Huanghe came in a supercontainer. Now, according to The Mighty Jingles, you get the Supercontainer when you already have the 'super-rare' ship that it drew, such as the Missouri or Belfast, so it gives you a super-container which gives you a ship.

Not one from the Super Rare list, just a ship.

I got the Huanghe.

If they had stuck with the idea of, you drew a super-rare ship, but have that, so we'll give you one you don't have instead, I'd be screaming with joy. Instead of getting a Kamikaze, Kronschtadt or Kutuzov, which I have wanted for ages. The Kutuzov and Kamikaze Are something I have never been able to get but always wanted, I got the crap ship I will never use.

Huanghe? I have the Perth if I want to crawl around on 1/4 speed in smoke, firing torps and HE.  At least the Perth has a spotter plane. I feel utterly let down.

I could have gotten Coal, or Free XP, instead I got a dud ship.

Actually, I got 2. Who plays the Monoghan? It's got meh guns at best, the torps may be decent in reload, bu tit's one second less than the Farragut, with 1km more range at base. Or you can loose 2 of your 4 guns and get torps that go to 9.3km, take a full 35 second longer to load and have a a speed 1knot faster than the base farragut torps, but load slower.  Honestly, if I wanted to play with bad guns and a decent set of torps, I'd play Fubuki or Shinanome. I'd play the T61 for a far superior DD. Not the Monoghan.

So, all in all, the Camo's from the huge crates is good, the Dubloons and Coal awards are nice, you have a pretty good chance of getting a Premium ship, just hope you have better luck than me.

Could be worse I suppose, I could have gotten the Krazny Creme.

352 posts
4,906 battles

warning: rant incoming

WG gave away 20+20+20=60 lootboxes to all the major Youtube contributors on condition that they make an unboxing video highlighting the list of premium ships it was possible to obtain, and highlighting within that list the possibility of getting the rare, discontinued, OP ships.

They did not discuss the probabilities of getting ships.

They did not discuss the price of the lootboxes, or the total value of the items they contained.

I notice a lot of critical comments on Jingles' video getting huge upvotes, to the tune of "you shouldn't be advertising gambling on a non age-restricted platform, Jingles".

I also detected a trace of "contractual obligation" in the tone of Jingles' voice, which happens from time to time. Remember when all the contributors had to make a video boosting World or Warplanes 2.0? Yeah, like that.

So let's run with the assumption that the videos are operating from a bullet point list sent directly from St. Petersberg.

How do we feel about that? Not especially good.

Those 60 crates would cost a player about $160 US to buy. According to some compiled threads I've seen the chance of a ship runs about 10% on the big and mega boxes, quite a bit less on the regular ones. The odds of getting one of the "rare" premiums is unknown, but obviously really low.

It's not like a complete rip-off. On average you'll get 4-5 ships, and a large stash of flags, camo, doubloons, and coal. At the end of the day, perhaps 2-3 ships you are happy to get. On the flipside, spending the cash directly would buy 350,000 doubloons, or three T8 premium ships.

WG doesn't care how you spend your money in game, as long as you give them your cash. There is no reason for them to "cheat" players, and I'm certain that the technical value of the items given away is equal to or exceeds the amount spent. Is a "can't lose" lottery gambling? That's a technicality I'm not interested in settling. And honestly I don't care how you spend your money in game either.

My complaint here is the misleading and manipulative way these lootboxes are being marketed. Contracting the contributors to make unboxing videos with specific instructions to obscure the price, drop rates, item value, and overall value-for-money. Contributor videos are not usually advertisements, so it's hard for a lot of people to tell when a video is inserted that is 100% advertisement. It's the "unmarked" nature of the add, and the fact that it is on an all-ages platform, which disturbs me.

357 posts
6,119 battles
9 minutes ago, chicony56 said:

shame competent team-mates are not winnable

Shame that the skills to play those ships aren’t also included.

350 posts
10,904 battles

I'm impress to WG strategy marketing to encourage the player to  gamble with lootbox for "get those rare & free ships".

12345.thumb.JPG.531a5d5488bf089a84406da4d1f39853.JPG

Poor peasant that couldn't hold themself to fall to the bait. 

Super Tester
3,934 posts
4,204 battles

I will definitely buy crates.   I have a lot of prem ships and really the only two I would like are the kami and Nikolai.   I won't lose sleep over bad rolls either because I accept that it's only a small chance of stuff dropping

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,329 posts

Bought 20 x Mega crates.

Received 10,000 Doubloons, Molotov, Kamikaze, Huanghe, T-61 and Kronstadt, and a number of signals and camo's.

Not a bad haul, though the ships will probably never leave port.....

[LBAS]
195 posts
4,036 battles

Did everyone who won multiple ships, get a Huanghe? It really feels like it, or that they had an unusually high drop rate.

232 posts
1,898 battles

Well, I have to hang off to next pay day because:-

funny-pictures-banker-cat.jpg.3b89beacae8d12ff015919963ce96b82.jpg

I will get a few as the Camo's and Special flags are useful. Oh the Doubloons as well.

Who knows, I might get lucky and get my Belfast. Need a premium RN light cruiser to train more RN light cruiser Co's.

Alex B_T23