You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
zylalx1

WG When will you nerf the disgustingly OP Belfast?

26 comments in this topic

4 posts
7,404 battles

Belfast is definitely the most disgustingly overpowered ship in this game. I don't know the exact winrate because it has never been disclosed by WG, but i guess it's around 75% in T7 or T8 battles. 

She is overpowered even being a T8 ship. The most disgusting problem is, with HE + smoke  + radar + hydro, she have no weak point, and no one can counter her (don't talk about she have no torps and CQC, you won't have any chance to rush in to that distance and stay alive). Instead, using smoke and radar she can easily kill a DD or burn a BB to death without being spoted and losing any HP. When encountering her, there is nothing you can do, except giving her 9 reports and waiting your team to lose, no matter which type of ship you are using. 

She definitely ruins the whole game and everyone's game experiences except the player who is using it. Every time she appears in battle, it makes 1 player happy and 12 players annoyed and thinking about uninstalling this game and never play it again. 

Don't try to cover up the problem (WG do you have courage to disclose the winrate of Belfast in T7 and T8 battles?), and don't talk about excuses such as premium ships can never be nerfed. Learn from Blizzard please, WG. 

2,254 posts
13,967 battles

What sort of (insert insulting name here) would rush a Belfast in smoke? Wait for smoke to finish and delete.

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,547 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

What sort of (insert insulting name here) would rush a Belfast in smoke? Wait for smoke to finish and delete.

Pop spotter is easier. Belfast is very strong , but predictable. If you have fishes , tough luck for his win game master plan.

Beta Tester
927 posts
15,540 battles
1 hour ago, zylalx1 said:

Belfast is definitely the most disgustingly overpowered ship in this game. I don't know the exact winrate because it has never been disclosed by WG, but i guess it's around 75% in T7 or T8 battles. 

She is overpowered even being a T8 ship. The most disgusting problem is, with HE + smoke  + radar + hydro, she have no weak point, and no one can counter her (don't talk about she have no torps and CQC, you won't have any chance to rush in to that distance and stay alive). Instead, using smoke and radar she can easily kill a DD or burn a BB to death without being spoted and losing any HP. When encountering her, there is nothing you can do, except giving her 9 reports and waiting your team to lose, no matter which type of ship you are using. 

She definitely ruins the whole game and everyone's game experiences except the player who is using it. Every time she appears in battle, it makes 1 player happy and 12 players annoyed and thinking about uninstalling this game and never play it again. 

Don't try to cover up the problem (WG do you have courage to disclose the winrate of Belfast in T7 and T8 battles?), and don't talk about excuses such as premium ships can never be nerfed. Learn from Blizzard please, WG. 

Kutuzov says hi. Doesn't care if its in tier 10 games. 

Disclaimer: I own both. 

Tip: play smarter, every ship has a counter. 

107 posts
262 battles

you clearly never play Lyon, Gadjah Mada, Fiji, Daring and Harugumo

Gadjah Mada could rekt it easily..... of course other DD would struggle

Lyon is also have 16 gun... if spot belfast keep pumping HE from smoke.... its done for

Fiji? its also gud..... TOO BAD LEANDER SUX

2 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

Kutuzov says hi. Doesn't care if its in tier 10 games. 

Disclaimer: I own both. 

Tip: play smarter, every ship has a counter

Daring & Harugumo say hi

[LBAS]
655 posts
7,776 battles
1 hour ago, zylalx1 said:

First is t7 ship...

Use Spotter Plane...

Smoke dont give you invincibility,with luck, you can deal damage to him  either by torping or shooting into smoke

1,004 posts
11,915 battles

once upon a time i troll a belfast in my useless hatsuharu, i just keep shadowing him the whole match

he smoke up i torp, he use radar i run so wasting his smoke and radar for nothing while at same time babysit my teammate to not rush him

belfast is op but play smart can counter them

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
187 posts
6,597 battles

If the nerf it they have to pay us who have it so not likely to happen, but never say never.

Its T7 so not a real worry. 

[HMASW]
1,555 posts

Is this another one of those whingy whiney threads we can all post Memes on?

Belfast has been out for how long?

The general rule that WG won't directly nerf premium ships has been out for how long?

We badly need entertainment don't we?

Here's a funny pic to entertain

Ordrazz

200w (2).gif

Edited by Ordrazz

349 posts
10,888 battles
7 hours ago, zylalx1 said:

She is overpowered even being a T8 ship. The most disgusting problem is, with HE + smoke  + radar + hydro, she have no weak point, and no one can counter her

OK. I stop there.

Seriously, learn to to kill any ships that stay inside the smoke. Spotter is ur best friend.

Most importantly, learn to kite them.

193 posts
5,051 battles

she have no weak point

I popped 2 Belfast in smoke with a T5 and a T7 DD.

Also Belfast doesn't have Repair Party. And no torpedo. And no plane. And tinfoil armor.

She is overpowered even being a T8 ship.

Have you ever encountered a Mikhail Kutuzov? LUL

288 posts
24,001 battles

T7 Tech Tree ships that are superior to Belfast in game influence, damage and killing capacity and performance potential over their counterparts (i.e OP-ness):

King George V
Lyon
Gadjah Madah
Helena

Belfast is a good ship with a really unfair range of consumable options and the extra upgrade slot but those 4 are just brokenly powerful by their own ship properties.
Belfast is a 1 trick pony and that trick is easy to neutralize. The only thing its the very best at is efficiency at wrecking lower tier ships.

Im not even going into the other T7 premiums and the T8 ships Belfast can face.

The most OP premium for its tier in this game is Musashi.

The most OP ship tier for tier is Orion or Bogue.

[R0GUE]
180 posts
7,556 battles

Grinding Jervis today, and I think there were 3-4 game have to deal with Belfast. And well I ruined their day. 

Belfast in good captain's hand can be very strong and have a lot of utilities. However, if know how to counter, only post temporary inconveniences. 

31 posts
8,387 battles

I personally think we could fix this imbalance, by say giving the fiji radar and HE,  hell the whole line up to mino should have radar and HE with smoke!

Smoke isnt the be all and end all... i recall one game in my mino, at the start, our dd has just spotted their first bbs. Im in a good position so slam on the anchors and hard rudder as i smoke... without ever being spotted or even firing a shot, im deleted by a single slavo from a BB, firing blindly into the smoke! :Smile_unsure:

Edited by KingOchaos

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

Belfast is indeed a t8 ship. No denying that.

And she is one of the most overpowered ships in the game.

You are welcome to check server stats before disagreeing with me.

Point of the thread though, only known way to nerf prem ship is to nerf mechanics.

For example nerfing ifhe across the board. Cause every single he cl takes it. That means its one of those shitty game design ideas that exist in wows.

193 posts
5,051 battles
10 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

The most OP premium for its tier in this game is Musashi.

Hopefully the new CV gameplay will nerf that monster. And her sister.

338 posts
6,073 battles

Belfast is still a light cruiser, and hitting stuff in smoke has gotten easier. Otherwise,  Use Indianapolis 9.9km Radar and delete with super heaven AP shells.

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles
17 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Belfast is still a light cruiser, and hitting stuff in smoke has gotten easier. Otherwise,  Use Indianapolis 9.9km Radar and delete with super heaven AP shells.

It sounds like you played none of them...

4 posts
7,404 battles

I know some of the technique against Belfast which you have talked about, but when encountering a experienced Belfast player, no one could be much effective.

1. For BBs, to shoot into smoke (with spotter plane or not). This is not very effective because of 4 reasons. 

(1) When not locked on, the spread of the shells is really huge. 

(2) Belfast will angle in smoke.

(3) Belfast will move back and forth in smoke while shooting. 

(4) You can't go very close to Belfast or you will be burnt to death and have no chance to escape, so you have to shoot her from a longer distance.

Because of the 4 reasons above, it may take you several (maybe 2 or 3) salvos to get a hit with 3-4k damage, and for a citadel, there is rather little chance. 

In such long time, Belfast can easily set a lot of fire on your or your teammate's BBs. And you just wasted several salvos and get 3-4k damage, which is not doing much for your team.

2. For DDs, to fire torps into smoke. This is not very effective because of 3 reasons.

(1) Belfast will active her hydro when she is in smoke. The 100s duration time of her hydro perfectly covers her 103s smoke duration time. 

(2) Belfast will smoke besides a island, so when torps come she could simply hide behind the island. 

(3) DDs (and CA/CLs) in T7 and T8 have a 10km or less torps range, It is very danger for a DD to get to that distance to Belfast. if you are spotted by an enemy DD, you will definitely lose the dogfight, and lose half or more of your HP, or get killed. 

3. To call your teammates to concentrate fire on Belfast while she is not in smoke. That may be the only way you can deal a lot of damage to her. That is also what I always trying to do while encountering her. But:

(1) That kind of chance is few. Belfast have a 103s smoke duration time and a 160s smoke generator cooldown time. That means she can spend almost 2/3 time staying in smoke. When the smoke time is about to over, she will simply run back and wait until the next smoke is ready. With 4 consumables, she can stay in smoke for about 7 min total. That time is enough to decide the result of the game. 

(2) Sometimes a DD or other ships with smoke (grouped with Belfast or not) will smoke for Belfast, and with her own smoke, she can hide in smoke for almost the whole game. 

(3) To be forced to concentrate fire on a certain ship, meaning you are giving other enemies chances to shoot you freely. On the other hand, you have to concentrate fire one a certain ship or you will definitely lose, itself explains how much this ship is unbalanced. 

4. To kite her, in other words, to stay away from her, but it is what the Belfast player really want you to do, especially in a domination mode game. With doing that you could temporarily prevent yourself from losing a lot of HP, but that also means you are forced to be far from the front line. At that moment Belfast will not chase you, instead, she can simply change her target to your teammates in front and force him to flee too. When everyone is fleeing back, your team will lose control of cap and being chased across the map. That is most common way you lose in a game encountering Belfast. 

In conclusion, the most overpowered point of Belfast is that she creates a huge area around her which no one dare to enter, and this area can last 7 min or more in a 20 min game. Any ship entering that area will be forced to flee by her HE, or get killed or lose a lot of HP. That gives her team huge superiority of controlling the cap and even a side of the map. 

288 posts
24,001 battles

Have you tried spamming a belfast with a Blyska or Leningrad from AFT range ? They cant hit you effective, you can go ham on them 🙂

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

These talks about how to counter a Belfast or how to rek everything with a Belfast are pretty old. Server stats had enough evidence about how broken the ship was and wg removed it from shops. She joined the ranks of Gremy and Nikolai etc...

Now, I sunk countless Gremy with kamikaze minekaze mutsuki, Clemson etc, one of you wanna come forward and say she is not op?

WG agreed that she is op. End of story.

288 posts
24,001 battles

Lets accept the argument that Belfast is a T8 ship (which it is, I agree). T7 ships face T8 ships every other game, there's no harm in discussing ways to handle those situations.

The argument here isnt that Belfast isn't OP, its that 1)there's tech tree ships more OP than her and 2) she isn't all that hard to counter.

Server stats show Fuso to be the among the weakest ships in the game tier for tier, but in reality she's one of the most effective BBs for her tier for the top x % of server players.