Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

Please explain

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
405 posts
7,275 battles

Can someone smarter than me explain how I can contest the cap in a radar YY vs a Daring since YY is supposedly sooo OP.

I can't torp him.

I can't gunboat him.

I can radar him for 20 seconds and IF im lucky my team might shoot him but then he can heal anyway(but thats not OP is it WG?).

Other than that I cant do a damn thing to him.

So quite frankly I'm at a loss to see how my YY is all powerful and needs nerfing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
193 posts
5,051 battles

YY's torpedo reload nerf can be attributed to BBabies, while I think the torpedoes may need some nerf, bringing the reload to the level of 610 mm torps level is purely and simply excessive. The gun reload is completely questionable (to say the least).
While WG may have stated that the nerf is about YY's the optional radar (which isn't that good in the first place), I'm not buying it.

 

About Daring, and Jutland to that extend, they can be very pitiful if they get detected and chased by a Japanese or French cruiser (RIP). 34 knots? A 155 Mogami can pop those things with ease. That's why I think RN DD line is a pitiful ship line. DDs without Speed Boost? That's joke. A terrible one.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
405 posts
7,275 battles
11 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

YY's torpedo reload nerf can be attributed to BBabies, while I think the torpedoes may need some nerf, bringing the reload to the level of 610 mm torps level is purely and simply excessive. The gun reload is completely questionable (to say the least).
While WG may have stated that the nerf is about YY's the optional radar (which isn't that good in the first place), I'm not buying it.

 

About Daring, and Jutland to that extend, they can be very pitiful if they get detected and chased by a Japanese or French cruiser (RIP). 34 knots? A 155 Mogami can pop those things with ease. That's why I think RN DD line is a pitiful ship line. DDs without Speed Boost? That's joke. A terrible one.

YY doesnt need any nerf IMO its underpowered vs the new DD ships.

Obviously a cruiser can deal with a Daring, but how tf can a YY deal with it while being out gunned, out torped and out spotted with no smoke?

Oh, it also has more HP and a heal.

As for speed boost, I only use it on YY as it doesnt get DFAA. On my Gearing I run DFAA always.

Edited by dieselhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
193 posts
5,051 battles
21 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

while I think the torpedoes may need some nerf

A nerf of 136s to 140s is okay but to 156s is just forcing me to ask "why TF" repeatedly. The gun reload nerf, even more so. I've tried YY in PTS several times and she's fine. The cannot-hit-DD torps is already a disadvantage.

Unless PA DDs get alternative torpedo modules that aren't deepwater, the YY nerfs simply don't make sense.

 

I may have been playing WoWS for while a long time, and mostly enjoy it, but every now and then WarGaming have to make decisions that makes me go "why TF would you do that? How TF is that even a good idea?" And the tech tree that makes me do that the most is Royal Navy. So many "whys".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
288 posts
24,001 battles
4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

 

About Daring, and Jutland to that extend, they can be very pitiful if they get detected and chased by a Japanese or French cruiser (RIP). 34 knots? A 155 Mogami can pop those things with ease. That's why I think RN DD line is a pitiful ship line. DDs without Speed Boost? That's joke. A terrible one.

Umm. Have you played Daring or Jutland in the live server ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
385 posts
4,365 battles

There must be one bloody person who complain about YY with his rightful words and then WG instantly nerfed it. Hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
405 posts
7,275 battles
16 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

There must be one bloody person who complain about YY with his rightful words and then WG instantly nerfed it. Hmmm.

Maybe a developer had a bad game against a YY. If it gets nerfed or not is kinda besides the point though because as it stands now YY can't compete against Daring in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
385 posts
4,365 battles
10 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Maybe a developer had a bad game against a YY. If it gets nerfed or not is kinda besides the point though because as it stands now YY can't compete against Daring in any way.

Well then. Why wouldn't you play Daring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
193 posts
5,051 battles
45 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Maybe a developer had a bad game against a YY. If it gets nerfed or not is kinda besides the point though because as it stands now YY can't compete against Daring in any way.

As it stands now a Daring could outgun most T10 DDs in the game, but it turns out radar is still the most effective anti-DD tool there is. The best way to counter a Daring is to pop a radar and let your team whale on his snail-paced aft, not engaging him in open combat at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
927 posts
15,540 battles
19 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Can someone smarter than me explain how I can contest the cap in a radar YY vs a Daring since YY is supposedly sooo OP.

I can't torp him.

I can't gunboat him.

I can radar him for 20 seconds and IF im lucky my team might shoot him but then he can heal anyway(but thats not OP is it WG?).

Other than that I cant do a damn thing to him.

So quite frankly I'm at a loss to see how my YY is all powerful and needs nerfing!

You ask for support and coordinate a radar strike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
405 posts
7,275 battles
43 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

You ask for support and coordinate a radar strike. 

That's a sound theory and could work but we both know coordinating anything in randoms is hit and miss.

Guess ill just avoid Daring until they get nerfed when I play DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×