Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Mighty Commander Jingles?

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
9,332 battles

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/ring-relaunch/

I haven't really followed what this is all about - other than using the codes to get missions and stuff.

Well, I understood the premise - some CC would become an in-game voiced commander, but other than that, I didn't really follow it.

The Mighty Jingles as an in-game commander?

I haven't watched much of his stuff but when I read this announcement I heard his quiet, sort of laid back English accent saying in-game,

"Ho, ha, oh, we're on fire, ha, well, that's no good, ha"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
329 posts
6,052 battles

I look forward to having Jingles on one of my RN Ships. Hopefully we have “that’s a paddlin” every time we get a citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
173 posts
5,037 battles

I hope whoever the runner-up is also gets his portrait as an in-game normal captain. The first The Ring was "Jingles", "Jingles", "Jingles". This round is clearly no different.

 

His laugh is infectious and completely carefree tho. Hard to not laugh along with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,249 posts
13,967 battles
4 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

.....

"Ho, ha, oh, we're on fire, ha, well, that's no good, ha"

I read the post title and was already thinking something like this. Came to post but see you've beat me to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,198 posts
9,332 battles
3 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

He has a great voice plus he already has the look of a stereotypical captain. :cap_hmm:

He really does!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,701 posts
7,273 battles

Welp, someone had to dissent.

IMHO, I think Jingles is a goose.

I dunno why, I just do.

 

But good luck to him winning the thingo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,198 posts
9,332 battles
1 minute ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Welp, someone had to dissent.

IMHO, I think Jingles is a goose.

I dunno why, I just do.

 

But good luck to him winning the thingo.

 

It was a fun game back in the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_(1995_video_game)

Oh, dissent.

My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,198 posts
9,332 battles
4 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

It's still fun now. And Doom.

*sigh*

init nostalgia mode 1

set flashbacks 1

*sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
53 posts
852 battles
13 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/ring-relaunch/

I haven't really followed what this is all about - other than using the codes to get missions and stuff.

Well, I understood the premise - some CC would become an in-game voiced commander, but other than that, I didn't really follow it.

The Mighty Jingles as an in-game commander?

I haven't watched much of his stuff but when I read this announcement I heard his quiet, sort of laid back English accent saying in-game,

"Ho, ha, oh, we're on fire, ha, well, that's no good, ha"

Im not really familiar with his work but I think Eurobeat would do a great job as in-game ship commander with his quasi-insult and overall meme-ish demeanor. XD 

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
173 posts
5,037 battles
32 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

Im not really familiar with his work but I think Eurobeat would do a great job as in-game ship commander with his quasi-insult and overall meme-ish demeanor. XD 

That's kinda hard tho. He isn't a weekly poster (barely posting anything WoWS anymore) and has a fulltime job.

His unique skill: increased rudder shift responsiveness (decrease rudder shift time and turning circle radius) for maximum torpedobeating.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
53 posts
852 battles
32 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

His unique skill: increased rudder shift responsiveness (decrease rudder shift time and turning circle radius) for maximum torpedobeating.

1

An incredibly useful skill for slow BBs lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×