Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HumbleMumble

Beta Tester Patch

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

73
[LN]
Member
236 posts
12,681 battles

Recently I got the Beta Tester Patch and some of my clanmates got it too, but the point is I'm not a beta tester, just joined the game for a while after its officially introduced. Is WG doing something wrong here?

Screenshot (122).png

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,756
[LBAS]
Modder
5,636 posts
33,515 battles

this could be a mistake :Smile_trollface:

I have no title since first year and just got it :fish_palm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,456
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,707 posts
13,927 battles

Just logged in first time today and this popped up.

 

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.11.29 - 06.07.06.82.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
55 posts
11,933 battles

I suppose... we are not up to version 1.0.0 yet... technically in beta, just open beta not closed. Would be my guess.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[LN]
Member
236 posts
12,681 battles
10 hours ago, MatterCore said:

this could be a mistake :Smile_trollface:

I have no title since first year and just got it :fish_palm:

well if there's no further respond from WG, I don't mind keep it tho :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,756
[LBAS]
Modder
5,636 posts
33,515 battles
48 minutes ago, HumbleMumble said:

well if there's no further respond from WG, I don't mind keep it tho :Smile_trollface:

even they take it away after REGRETTED << OK :etc_red_button:

Edited by MatterCore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,656
[REPOI]
Member
5,336 posts
22,176 battles
7 hours ago, KingOchaos said:

I suppose... we are not up to version 1.0.0 yet... technically in beta, just open beta not closed. Would be my guess.

no, there was CBT and CBT, game officially launched 2 yrs ago

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
55 posts
11,933 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

no, there was CBT and CBT, game officially launched 2 yrs ago

 

Yea, but traditionally it should be version 1.0.0 out of beta.. less than one is not a full version... Thats how the build numbers work 😉And obviously this isnt closed beta, but maybe it is open beta (are they still adding stuff? or are all assets in place)

Edited by KingOchaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,656
[REPOI]
Member
5,336 posts
22,176 battles
11 minutes ago, KingOchaos said:

Yea, but traditionally it should be version 1.0.0 out of beta.. less than one is not a full version... Thats how the build numbers work 😉And obviously this isnt closed beta, but maybe it is open beta (are they still adding stuff? or are all assets in place)

it took them 5 years to get to 1.0 in WOT, so the game was still beta for 5 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,207
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,115 posts
7,667 battles
33 minutes ago, KingOchaos said:

Yea, but traditionally it should be version 1.0.0 out of beta.. less than one is not a full version... Thats how the build numbers work 😉And obviously this isnt closed beta, but maybe it is open beta (are they still adding stuff? or are all assets in place)

What game these days doesn't add stuff?

And being the King of chaos, shouldn't you be glad that the numbers appear screwed up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
55 posts
11,933 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

it took them 5 years to get to 1.0 in WOT, so the game was still beta for 5 years?

I know its seems dumb, but yes, thats what the build numbers actually mean. 

 

Just now, AntifoulAwl said:

What game these days doesn't add stuff?

And being the King of chaos, shouldn't you be glad that the numbers appear screwed up?

 Yea, games really arnt now how they were. They use the patronage to fund development now. Im not complaining, a lot of games would never get off the ground without it. But look at triple AAA titles, they dont release with stuff being added, they sell developed addons later, but the assets will all be in the game on release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
77
[FORCE]
Member
290 posts
5,674 battles

I got it too, I guess they counted those open beta testers even though we just regular players in the forum

Quote

Open Beta Testing began on 2 July 2015 and was open to the public.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[TWR]
Member
1,223 posts
4,702 battles
On 11/30/2018 at 2:53 AM, GRADAN31 said:

I got it too, I guess they counted those open beta testers even though we just regular players in the forum

 

Thats my thought as well.Both my brother and I joined a week into OBT,and we both got the patch.So its probably those that joined before the 'official' release version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×