Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Stupid question but...

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,065 posts
9,210 battles

...how do you decide what to play/focus on?

I have 70 ships now (more than some, less than others) and I hate to see a daily 50% go to waste... but then when I try to do them all, I feel too spread out and like Bilbo once said, "I feel like butter scraped over too much bread..."

So, yeah stupid question, but as your botes start to add up, how do you choose what to focus on?

314 posts
6,007 battles

What Ralph said.

I don’t care too much about the daily bonus unless i’m Trying for all 3 containers in minimum amount of time, or grinding a certain ship or captain.

Otherwise, I’ll play;

a) What’s fun

b) whichever ship I am currently grinding cause I want to unlock all lines eventually

c) whichever ship I have which is most suited to complete the mission I am working on.

Beta Tester
1,065 posts
9,210 battles
3 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Easy.  Play what is fun.

Its a game and not a job.

Yeah. True. I guess. But a sense of achievement can be fun too.

Finally getting that second 4 point skill, unlocking the next tier of ship... and this can require application of forethought.

But yeah. It is meant to be a game... I guess.

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Yeah. True. I guess. But a sense of achievement can be fun too.

Finally getting that second 4 point skill, unlocking the next tier of ship... and this can require application of forethought.

But yeah. It is meant to be a game... I guess.

for me the way I play the game changed in the 3 years 

at first it was mindless grinding, for a few thousand battles, then I got the kutu and derpitz and mained them for 2k battle, then I go to a phase where I just quickly grinded the T8s I had to T10 and got prem camos on them to spam, now I seem to be going back to mid low tiers to play just for fun. 

as for you, play whatever you want, and if you have a target to grind for then just go for it.

354 posts
13,212 battles

Channel the OCDness into something not going to overload the brain. For example max out 1 line. Pick a line and max everything on it. Say USN destroyer's get them all and max everything captains camo the lot that should keep you busy for a year or so.

160 posts
4,995 battles

Which ships I play on a daily basis:

1. What is comfortable (because I want to win).
2. What missions need to be completed.

Which ship lines I pick to grind:

1. Which ones suit my playstyle the most (two words: reckless and questionable).
2. German or not.
3. Cruiser/DD or not. I'm seriously not a fan of about 90% of BBs in this game.

1. + 2. + 3. = my first T10 to be researched and bought was Hinderbug. The best cruiser in this game.

51 posts
4,777 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Easy.  Play what is fun.

Its a game and not a job.

Agreed

Beta Tester
1,065 posts
9,210 battles
1 hour ago, Bex_o7 said:

Whatever gets me the most Elite Commander XP.

Aye.

See I only have 2 19 pointers and I often feel using them on their native ship and premium ships of their nations is totally worthwhile.

Super Tester
7,715 posts
8,025 battles

For me, I do not play regularly, so when I have time to play, I usually try to pick one of the running grinds, or, a mission that needs to be finished.

If I were to think about wasting 50% win bonus, I would probably go insane, cause I have 215 ships.

72 posts
7,390 battles

focus, the 50% bonus is an enticement yes but you need to focus on what you game , and it can be either to get to the next tier ship or honing  a certain skill or simply having the relaxing fun. do what feel good and forget that 50% bonus

[R-A-N]
Beta Tester
13 posts
4,290 battles

For one day I play destroyers only, next day cruisers, next battleships.

It's hard for me to swap guns, speed and play style every 10 minutes.

1,536 posts

Nowadays, I tend to pick one of my many ships, & focus on trying to learn its particular character... & I try to focus on what it CAN do, not what it can't....  For example... Take Omaha class... Everyone thinks they are shit.... So did I, so I deliberately got one & its sister ships & learnt to play them....... Now they are my 1st choice to play, & I play all four of them first before I play other ships....especially Marblehead with its 8.2 KLM torps... Catches people off guard...

..I practise practise practise.... & I have fun... So I no longer think they are shit.. Far from it actually... & I know when I come up against a good omaha class player... & its a real fun fight against them....

My next odd ship I have is huanghe, so I will be playing that a lot soon....I find it a very interesting play style....

So, if you are bored, Pick one of your ships & focus.... You may have more fun than pointless grinding...

Best of luck & have fun

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

398 posts
7,206 battles

Depends on my mood tbh, if im feeling decent Ill play DD to go mess with some BB players and risk the radar spam. If im tired ill play BB since I it find it a bit less stressful.

[TF44]
42 posts
8,531 battles

Hi Max,

From February, I had an enforced 6 month break (No, it wasn't prison or any other form of incarceration) from WoWS.

To answer your question I do four things intermingled with each other:

1. I play the ships that are in my port for fun. I sold a few of them because I do not know why I had kept them;
  2. I have played every type of ship, from every nation. Over time I have researched every ship available in the Tech Tree from Tier 1 through to Tier 6. Until the ships hit Tier 6, it was fun. It was still fun in Tier 6 and 7 however the length of the grind became a bit onerous;
  3. I try and play divisions as much as I can. Unfortunately opportunities for this type of play are a bit limited for me; and
  4. I complete the missions I like from those that WoWS produce on a regular basis.

My stats still suck and I enjoy the game for what it is. An engaging and challenging bit of fun.

Cheers

Edited by Taipan17

1,381 posts
9,045 battles

I don't have much time to play, so if I play I would usually switch ships to maximise the first win bonus.

What ship depends on my mood. I would usually play CAs/CLs or BBs, but if I feel like dancing with danger I would play a DD. If I am feeling ultra-competitive I would play a CV (haven't done this in quite a while though).

51 posts
4,777 battles

I just grinding tech tree lines up to tier 8. Not all of them, just to get the ships that I like. Still no solid plan about tier 9 and 10, maybe grinding FXP to get Yamato and Zao without playing Ibuki and Izumo. And Iowa too, but not the Montana (at least for now).

Completing daily mission objectives and collect rewards from it, or collecting daily containers are another good reason to keep playing.

I don't think too much about daily winning bonus. As long as it makes it easier for me to get the ships I want, then it becomes a nice additional feature.

108 posts
3,033 battles
18 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

...how do you decide what to play/focus on?

I have 70 ships now (more than some, less than others) and I hate to see a daily 50% go to waste... but then when I try to do them all, I feel too spread out and like Bilbo once said, "I feel like butter scraped over too much bread..."

So, yeah stupid question, but as your botes start to add up, how do you choose what to focus on?

Damn good question Max, I have often wondered that myself!  ... yup we all have a bit of OCD in us. My OCD'ness:

I like to complete the crates before logging off.

I started at the bottom with DD's and will work my way through CA's, then too BB. I've stuck to IJN, USS, KM and HMS ships.

I only play boats with cmdr 14 and above. All my DD's have to have RPF (after learning about 6 months later).

I mostly play with my premium ships (at the moment), so I can switch my 19 pointers around. I have one each of IJN, USN and KM.  I'm Currently working on Bert & Jack Dunkirk, John Doe, Tsar hockey and Franz to get them to 19.

I will play as many different types and levels of DD's one after another, usually starting from the left hand side lol.

I only have 3 BB's, The Warspite ( I won somewhere) and the 2 black Mass & Tirpitz. I'm loving the mass in random, tip toeing my way around :)

Sign in to follow this