You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
INSDESTROYER

Regarding upcoming transition to 64-bit operating system and direct X 10.1 

Regarding upcoming transition to 64-bit operating system and direct X 10.1  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you will be affected by the upcoming transition mentioned in news article ? https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/to_64-bit_and_directX_10_1/

• I am using 32 bit system on my PC
    • I am using direct X lower than 10.1 on my PC (or dierct X9 option under settings of world of warships)
    • I am having 64 bit system and direct X higher than 10.1 and not affected by these changes

20 comments in this topic

43 posts
7,331 battles

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/to_64-bit_and_directX_10_1/

Wanted to know thoughts of others regarding upcoming transition to 64-bit operating system and direct X 10.1 

I am running 64 bit system, i have direct X 9 as well as direct X 11 on my system, but World of Warships does not run when selecting direct X 11, game crashes mid battle, hence i have selected direct 9 in settings option. 

I do understand the reasoning for the change mentioned in the news article

Just wanted to know how many people are getting affected by this change  

I am sad that after few months i won't be able to play this nice game as i don't plan to upgrade my Laptop or buy new Laptop/PC in near future 😞

[LNA]
1,690 posts
10,538 battles
31 minutes ago, Dendi_Superman said:

There goes another one of my favourite game. See y'all in about 10 years

Buying a 50 usd card would solve the problem though. You could get a cheap gtx750ti second hand to mitigate the problem till you can afford a better pc.

Beta Tester
1,065 posts
9,210 battles
3 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I don’t really understand all this technical stuff, guess I’ll just see if it stops working.

If it stops working, just turn it off and on again.

That'll be sixty bucks thanks.

314 posts
6,007 battles
2 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

If it stops working, just turn it off and on again.

That'll be sixty bucks thanks.

You don’t work in tech support, do you?

Or ever watched the IT Crowd?

Edited by Grygus_Triss

347 posts
4,845 battles

As the article explains, few people are still gaming on PCs with 32 bit OS or pre DirectX10.1. Cutting support for ancient hardware should in principle improve the game visuals and the overall stability. It moves the least common denominator a little bit forward.

What graphics card do you have that crashes running DirectX 11? I wouldn't trust Intel integrated graphics to deliver, even if they technically say Direct 11 is supported. Most AMD/nVidia cards should be fine however.

Graphic card prices have fallen a lot recently since mining has fallen out of fashion. You can pick up a used one real cheap.

369 posts
4,247 battles

32 bit are very outdated. I decided to upgrade it to 64 bit. You know why? Because I was crashing every bloody one game in random battle or OP.

43 posts
7,331 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

What graphics card do you have that crashes running DirectX 11? I wouldn't trust Intel integrated graphics to deliver, even if they technically say Direct 11 is supported. Most AMD/nVidia cards should be fine however.

Yep, Intel Graphics Card. When i installed the game, it was set to direct X 11, and the game crashed. My previous experience with other games meant i switched to direct X 9 and game started running well. 

Switching to another graphic card like Nvdia was not advised by local computer guy - he said it would make my system unstable (whatever that means) and i should stick to graphic card that has been pre-loaded. 

There are options like using external usb to increase RAM but i don't really know that sort of technical stuff. 

I guess i just have to enjoy the game while it lasts for me 

74 posts
1,393 battles
2 minutes ago, INSDESTROYER said:

Switching to another graphic card like Nvdia was not advised by local computer guy - he said it would make my system unstable (whatever that means) and i should stick to graphic card that has been pre-loaded.

Not True

Older CPU +MBoard + OS may not be compatible with later Nvdia and Radeon card. but you can definitely find same generation Nvdia and Radeon graphics card that compatible with your hardware and OS.   Same generation Nvdia and Radeon graphics card for gaming had far better performance than the inbuild Intel Graphics chips on your motherboard.

345 posts
10,817 battles

Duh, who the hell running their OS system with 32-bits & Direct X 9. Don't tell me u playing this game with Windows ME or XP.

Today, most of the program & PC hardware running with 64-bit due to large amounts of random access memory (RAM). Nowadays, even 4GB of RAM can easily make ur PC bottleneck. Note yourself that 32-bit windows can only support 4GB RAM.

If u have old hardware PC or OS to play this game, just get yourself an upgrade. 

Edited by ArchKongou

49 posts
1,473 battles

I'm curious, does anyone know of a good website to see if your card can run Direct X 11? I'm fairly sure that some of my games already run it, but I'm not sure. I also game on my laptop so upgrading isn't really an option...

652 posts
7,755 battles
23 minutes ago, leerm002 said:

I'm curious, does anyone know of a good website to see if your card can run Direct X 11? I'm fairly sure that some of my games already run it, but I'm not sure. I also game on my laptop so upgrading isn't really an option...

run dxdiag.exe

go to Display and see DDi version or Direct3D DDi

if it shows >11, it means your card can support it

Edited by Gummilicious

43 posts
7,331 battles
7 hours ago, ArchKongou said:

Duh, who the hell running their OS system with 32-bits & Direct X 9. Don't tell me u playing this game with Windows ME or XP.

Today, most of the program & PC hardware running with 64-bit due to large amounts of random access memory (RAM). Nowadays, even 4GB of RAM can easily make ur PC bottleneck. Note yourself that 32-bit windows can only support 4GB RAM.

If u have old hardware PC or OS to play this game, just get yourself an upgrade. 

capture_001_28112018_122110.jpg.429c6eff73a649e45f81cfb36e7f603f.jpg

Oh well, i guess my problem is limited RAM on my laptop or as someone pointed out Intel thing that does not support directX 11 even if it says it does....

345 posts
10,817 battles
1 hour ago, INSDESTROYER said:

Spoiler

capture_001_28112018_122110.jpg.429c6eff73a649e45f81cfb36e7f603f.jpg

Oh well, i guess my problem is limited RAM on my laptop or as someone pointed out Intel thing that does not support directX 11 even if it says it does....

There's a lot u need to consider as well. First of all ur CPU. This game really high demand CPU processing & as for yours, damn I'm impress you still go with 7 years old CPU. Also note that your CPU is low-voltage mobile CPU, which more focus to save energy consumption rather than performance. I'm can guarantee your laptop will suffering bottleneck if u try to play any triple A games title even you set to lowest graphic settings.

TL;DR. Some note if u look for Intel CPU description:

Spoiler

Intel CPU description:

K = unlocked multiplier

H = high performance graphics

Q = quad core U = ultra low power

Y = extremely low power

E = ECC memory

M = mobile

T = low power, but still LGA

P = no integrated graphics

G = RX Vega graphics

Broadwell only (5xxx):

R = high-end mobile, similar to H (but soldered on?)

C = unlocked = K

As of x299/skylake-x:

X = HEDT platform

also note : i9-7980XE is not X+E, it just means "xtreme edition"

Second. no matter your laptop can support Direct X11, any triple A games title also need a good GPU to support the smooth gameplay. My advise, for the love of God, don't even try to play this game with Intel Integrated Graphic. If u more to mobile laptop gaming, try look for mid or high end mobile GPU laptop in the market. The latest is the better

Even my old ASUS gaming laptop with GTX765M can barely pass  mid settings for this game (25-45 fps). If u still go for mobile laptop gaming, search for GTX950M series or higher.

=====================================================================================================================

More advice:

Go for PC build for more benefit & it's more cheaper than purchase a new gaming laptop, if u plan to build gaming rig. Look for AMD Ryzen build with Radeon GPU 500 series.  Its worth for your money and long term using.

If u still don't know which GPU u want to choose, here some notes for u as well:

Spoiler

1031775798_Gpuscomparisongeforce210masterrace_216c4c_6010952.jpg.f0cbcfd652ca750f574f384db825995f.jpg

For summary, any Nvidia & Radeon GPU are fine.

Edited by ArchKongou
extra note for CPU description

49 posts
1,473 battles
11 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

run dxdiag.exe

go to Display and see DDi version or Direct3D DDi

if it shows >11, it means your card can support it

Thanks mate! That worked like a charm 🙂 Apparently I can even run DX12, so no worries here!

43 posts
7,331 battles
10 hours ago, ArchKongou said:

There's a lot u need to consider as well. First of all ur CPU. This game really high demand CPU processing & as for yours, damn I'm impress you still go with 7 years old CPU. Also note that your CPU is low-voltage mobile CPU, which more focus to save energy consumption rather than performance. I'm can guarantee your laptop will suffering bottleneck if u try to play any triple A games title even you set to lowest graphic settings.

TL;DR. Some note if u look for Intel CPU description:

Reveal hidden contents

Intel CPU description:

K = unlocked multiplier

H = high performance graphics

Q = quad core U = ultra low power

Y = extremely low power

E = ECC memory

M = mobile

T = low power, but still LGA

P = no integrated graphics

G = RX Vega graphics

Broadwell only (5xxx):

R = high-end mobile, similar to H (but soldered on?)

C = unlocked = K

As of x299/skylake-x:

X = HEDT platform

also note : i9-7980XE is not X+E, it just means "xtreme edition"

Second. no matter your laptop can support Direct X11, any triple A games title also need a good GPU to support the smooth gameplay. My advise, for the love of God, don't even try to play this game with Intel Integrated Graphic. If u more to mobile laptop gaming, try look for mid or high end mobile GPU laptop in the market. The latest is the better

Even my old ASUS gaming laptop with GTX765M can barely pass  mid settings for this game (25-45 fps). If u still go for mobile laptop gaming, search for GTX950M series or higher.

=====================================================================================================================

More advice:

Go for PC build for more benefit & it's more cheaper than purchase a new gaming laptop, if u plan to build gaming rig. Look for AMD Ryzen build with Radeon GPU 500 series.  Its worth for your money and long term using.

If u still don't know which GPU u want to choose, here some notes for u as well:

Reveal hidden contents

1031775798_Gpuscomparisongeforce210masterrace_216c4c_6010952.jpg.f0cbcfd652ca750f574f384db825995f.jpg

For summary, any Nvidia & Radeon GPU are fine.

Thanks a lot. 

That is damn informative stuff. Will look into it when buying new PC (which is not anytime soon sadly)