Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

23 seconds

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,230 posts
9,354 battles

I'm not much of a Naval buff.

I mean I like this game but I didn't come here out of any great love for ships even though I was quite literally born in the Royal Australian Navy.

Though, as much as I think war is stupid, I have a low level interest in all things military because I, like most people, are a walking dichotomy of thoughts and feelings and ultimately am just a hypocrite.

"Yay peace!"

"But we won the war"

"Yay war!"

So when I watched a bit of a documentary yesterday on Battleships in WWI, I was entertained and informed to see Warspite and other Queen Elizabeth class ships in action.

I actually learned what Dreadnought means... Like Samuel L Jackson, I thought it was just some cold blooded name to use on a ship before it busted a 381 mm cap in some ships rear plating...

"Dread, nought" It dreads nought. It dreads nothing. Hmfff. Facts eh?

I also found interesting the recorded experience of a journalist on board the lead British Battlecruiser in the action that immediately predated and pre-empted the Jutland encounter.

He recorded that he used a stopwatch to time the flight of German shells.

He watched the flash of their guns and started his stopwatch.

23 seconds.

He remarked that after seeing the flash of the German guns, "I may only have 23 seconds to live".

War is dumb.

Yay war.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,705 posts
7,273 battles

Some dude, much wiser than me, once said that war is only glorious to those who have not experienced it.

I agree.

As for 23 seconds, that gives you enough time to think of England, The King and to straighten your tie, before being obliterated.

Beta Tester
1,230 posts
9,354 battles

16 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Some dude, much wiser than me, once said that war is only glorious to those who have not experienced it.

I agree.

As for 23 seconds, that gives you enough time to think of England, The King and to straighten your tie, before being obliterated.

One of the NPC companions in SWTOR says something like: 

"Only in war can insanity and logic serve each others' ends"

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,705 posts
7,273 battles
3 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

One of the NPC companions in SWTOR says something like: 

"Only in war can insanity and logic serve each others' ends"

Sure it wasn't the MM algorithm? 

Sign in to follow this