Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

Transitioning from IJN BB to German BB

10 comments in this topic

168 posts
3,809 battles

Hai folks ,

I love playing yamato . But for a while thought I try other lines too . So grind-ed tier ix grobe used free xp kinda . But wew its painful idk what I am doing wrong . I used to rekt with 460mm but 406 I am getting ricochet a lot .Also whats with these 420mm ?I cant do enough damage to angled cruisers forget bb lmfao !!!  Is it any better but I guess those 4 second gap could be critical in close range brawls? Also dispersion is terrible I cant sniper shot anymoar .Whats the range to play tier ix - x german bb ?

Your inputs are greatly appreciated. Much obliged !

160 posts
4,995 battles

Why don't you change to US BBs? German BBs are very different from US or IJN BBs. Even French BBs are better with main guns than the German.

My opinions for FdG (not advice) :

Never make a shot from more than 18km away (my biggest mistake btw). Optimal range seems to be 16 km. Stay close (watch for torpedoes), making use of your armor. Secondary build wouldn't help you in early in a match, very situational build imo. Getting AFT for captain skills is fine, it helps your AA range. But survivability is more important (my other mistake).

Edited by Paladinum

652 posts
7,755 battles

If you really want to play Friedrich Der groBe,

Dont even try to use 420mm, long reload plus bad dispersion is a No-No 

Could have save  30k xp(420mm module) if you ask earlier but oh well :3

You dont use Friedrich as a sniper like yamato , it cant even do well at 15km

696 posts
7,505 battles

FDG is super painful to play, but the light at the end of the tunnel is beautiful; GK is he'll of a beast if played correctly.

Maybe sticking to 402 will help. You will need to pump out as many shells as possible to hit a target. Like our good old Jinggles said: "if you throw enough s**t on the wall, some of em will stick"

Go for survivability I guess. I tried secondary not useful, tried concealment plus secondary still no use.

But I heard a buff for FDG is coming soon (tm). If you aren't rushing to get GK, maybe you can chill a little for now.

Good luck captain

PS: cos you might have free XP quite a few ships you might not have a high skill point captain. Suggest you can try your luck with Gneisenau. Yeah her guns aren't accurate, but it's fun to play, especially when she is top tier.

Personally I love Bismarck/Tirpitz more, but the MM now is so brutal to tier 8 now, and 380mms guns can't penetrate much.. 

168 posts
3,809 battles
2 hours ago, Lowyat said:

general consensus is fdg is the only ship that need frexping in km line. since u fxp everything else except it then

lmfao

2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Why don't you change to US BBs?

I ma toxic axis supporter wew

7 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

FDG is super painful to play, but the light at the end of the tunnel is beautiful; GK is he'll of a beast if played correct

Exactly I want to play gk

Thanks for inputs guys  I guess I will use flags to just grind gk asafp 😄

263 posts
1,169 battles
2 hours ago, 30cmtruedamage said:

So grind-ed tier ix grobe used free xp 

Off topic here How much Free Xp used?

Edited by waichung1823

Super Tester
7,715 posts
8,025 battles

There is no fixed optimal distance for German BB. Those terms work for US and IJN BBs, like u try to stay at this and that range. For German BBs, you have to find pockets in the map where you cannot be spammed by cruisers or destroyers. You close into enemy faster than they expect, and then depending on situation, you kite back or push deeper. That's why you also need secondary builds.

The closer you get with KM BB they better they perform. But you need a balance. If you get close too fast, you get melt down even faster since other ships will miss less against you, being the size of island and all.

Alternatively, if you have followed dev blogs, there are buffs coming. May be wait a bit?

168 posts
3,809 battles
18 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

Off topic here How much Free Xp used?

between 90k-95k

15 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

The closer you get with KM BB they better they perform. But you need a balance. If you get close too fast, you get melt down even faster since other ships will miss less against you, being the size of island and all.

I just want to get away with this tier ix and get gk . Whats your advice for gk and what difference could I expect once I transition from grobe to gk ? Thanks 😄

Super Tester
7,715 posts
8,025 battles
On 11/25/2018 at 6:13 AM, 30cmtruedamage said:

between 90k-95k

I just want to get away with this tier ix and get gk . Whats your advice for gk and what difference could I expect once I transition from grobe to gk ? Thanks 😄

Gk is an island, once you commit somewhere its really hard to pull off. Armor scheme is really good as long as you maintain angle. Quite resistant to HE, but again, you superstructure alone is the size of an Yamato.

In GK you get better secondaries, while FdG uses the same secondaries as Bismarck. You have more guns and thus better shell volume compared to FdG, and will feel a lot more accurate. She is a huge step up from FdG. But then again, in the grand scheme of T10 battleships, she is probably the most "meh" one.

Edited by icy_phoenix
Typo

Sign in to follow this