Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Commander skill change and CV Compensation

19 comments in this topic

1,925 posts
8,687 battles

Commander Skills are changing!

Emergency takeoff is now permanent for CVs, rejoice!

Catapult Fighter will be affected on all ships (Unlimited use).

DCAA Unnerfs -20% Airspeed, and only the Catapult Fighters will be applied to this

Spotting Aircraft is being changed into seaplane bombers, Bye-Bye 20% range buff and hello seaplane bombing.

New Commander skill details:

image.thumb.png.80321d0505977efee1d9e19927e7ab43.png

image.thumb.png.be020db36538c1756d18ff86c256c90e.png

image.thumb.png.1c33f26f50c58ee7ab76744a418d303d.png

image.thumb.png.07499f5c48bb48c8d40bcf30705fc92b.png

CV Compensation and Details!: (IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT SELL YOUR Kaga,GZ or Saipan!, Kaga will have the same planes on the Shoukaku with bonus additives while GZ will have Uptiered buff HP planes and Saipan will have a choice for Torpedo bombers and attackers!)

fff8d5be-ee4e-11e8-8149-38eaa7374f3c_1200x.jpg

image.thumb.png.62cbb0f00a2d3758772e8bc3f73263cf.png

image.thumb.png.2b17b15999394a435251878693ece74d.png

image.thumb.png.5e0dc522e19fa26f1c7b06800d9d9d78.png

image.thumb.png.a5a073f826fcd0fbec734a5ed5503aa4.png

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

34 posts
3,169 battles

Just curious question...

I understand that this is a silly question. Feel free to bully me.

...Why don't they just copy paste the mechanism from world of warplanes? Those are already researched by experts who already work out the air fight balances since the beginning...

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

357 posts
6,109 battles
7 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Spotting Aircraft is being changed into seaplane bombers, Bye-Bye 20% range buff and hello seaplane bombing.

Where does it say this?

115 posts
279 battles

anyone dare to explain what is this seaplane bomber?

IMAGINE yamato bring this seaplane to center of the cap, spotting all enemy behind and happy wrekt DD

now who need radar??

also is that mean all ship with spotter now become tone and ise??

247 posts
3,047 battles

cannot find anything in the announcement that pertains to seaplane bombers. At all.

Maybe its just me, but if it is there can you show me where it is?

1,925 posts
8,687 battles
11 hours ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Just curious question...

I understand that this is a silly question. Feel free to bully me.

...Why don't they just copy paste the mechanism from world of warplanes? Those are already researched by experts who already work out the air fight balances since the beginning...

they probably should.

Also blame the NA Server bashing the new gameplay, they only like the RTS mode smh

1,925 posts
8,687 battles
1 hour ago, Akyamarukh said:

anyone dare to explain what is this seaplane bomber?

also is that mean all ship with spotter now become tone and ise??

Yes, to prevent sniping meta. A seaplane bomber is an aircraft equipped with bombs or depth bombs, perfect for slamming ships or submarines.

36 minutes ago, TD1 said:

cannot find anything in the announcement that pertains to seaplane bombers. At all.

Maybe its just me, but if it is there can you show me where it is?

Since Yahagi has a seaplane bomber, Most of the spotter aircraft will become seaplane bombers, Tone and Ise are also hints here because most of the reconnaisance aircraft are seaplane bombers. 

that the fact that the CV Beta is successful there wont be any enough information but spotters will be change into a seaplame bombers, example like Ooyodo, the I-400, Seaplane tenders, Etc.

They also reviewed Seaplane tenders in the EU Forums, there is a high chance of possibility that spotting aircraft will be changed.

357 posts
6,109 battles
35 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Yes, to prevent sniping meta. A seaplane bomber is an aircraft equipped with bombs or depth bombs, perfect for slamming ships or submarines.

Since Yahagi has a seaplane bomber, Most of the spotter aircraft will become seaplane bombers, Tone and Ise are also hints here because most of the reconnaisance aircraft are seaplane bombers. 

that the fact that the CV Beta is successful there wont be any enough information but spotters will be change into a seaplame bombers, example like Ooyodo, the I-400, Seaplane tenders, Etc.

They also reviewed Seaplane tenders in the EU Forums, there is a high chance of possibility that spotting aircraft will be changed.

... hmmm, not sure I like this. Maybe have the OPTION to select spotter, catapult fighter OR seaplane bomber. Some ships need that spotter because they already have short range. Other ships find the elevated perspective very useful for shooting over islands, or aiming at ships at long distance. And because of the long CD, I’ve never found this to be “OP”. So I hope they don’t remove it.

Actually, having a choice should be the LEAST they should do, converting all spotters to bombers would make it open season on DDs. And while DDs are the bane of BBs, BBs don’t need the advantage.

I also don’t think artillery ships need the distraction. This is still world of WARSHIPS. They are not CVs, they need to focus on their ship. Although controllable fighters may be ok for self defence.

So yeah, hope we don’t lose one of our basic yet useful abilities for something that’s not really needed. Especially if we start to see more CVs in game.

115 posts
279 battles

WHOOAAAH, i am just remember i made this thread. WG is really listening, even the idea is somehat unusual

nyahaha

well, the fact that they turn all spoter plane ino seaplane bomber.......

WG is listen to us LOL

Thank you WG

1,400 posts
9,131 battles
23 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Most of the IJN planes are seaplane bombers. 

They are not seaplane bombers in this game though.

Just because they were IRL doesn't mean they will be the same in-game. Several of the IJN ships models have radar on them, like they do in IRL, but they don't have radar in this game.

357 posts
6,109 battles
49 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Most of the IJN planes are seaplane bombers. 

And some of the planes are complete made up, let’s not get caught up in what things were IRL, and focus on what makes the game fun and balanced and enjoyable to play.

357 posts
6,109 battles

Seriously, @BIGCOREMKP0I, I cannot find any reference to spotting planes turning into seaplane bombers. Or any solid references to Tone or Ise coming to the (PC) game, or any reference to Yahagi having a seaplane bomber.

Only references I seem to find are wishful thinking posts by you (mostly).

Are you sure you're not imagining it? Or you see a 'spotting' plane consumable that was a seaplane bomber in RL and assume? Or are you just making things up?

Can you please give the reference below? Thankyou.

115 posts
279 battles

lol i just remember isnt its forbidden to leak info like dis to commoner :V

well, its subject to change anyway.... spoter change maybe wont be happen. but Tone and Ise is going to be smelly....

247 posts
3,047 battles

What will happen to the rest of the aircraft carriers, you ask? The answer: researchable ships that have not reassigned in the tech tree will be removed from game for now.

This part of the carrier changes announcement is something most people missed apparently. the odd-tiered carriers are not gone; they're only temporarily removed and probably introduced again in the future, rebalanced according to their tiers (maybe Essex will be tier 10, for example). So maybe the future CV line would be a zig-zag tree of different lines. 

Sign in to follow this