You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

CV rework phase 3...

33 comments in this topic

231 posts
5,076 battles

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

Tech Tree

With reworked carriers comes a reworked tech tree. Let’s take a closer look:

Now aircraft carriers will be only at even tiers (tiers IV, VI, VIII, X). The tier gaps allow for more dramatic increase in effectiveness as you ascend: better performance at the new tier, more aircraft per squadron, better weapons and, more damage and opportunities to influence the battle. But, with great power comes great responsibility, and the price of making an error rises: enemy air defense will be stronger and maneuvering a large squadron between the gaps of anti-air fire will become increasingly difficult.

Of course, this change will affect the efficiency of the matchmaker. It will be faster to join battles with an aircraft carrier, because the players in this class will be concentrated on fewer tiers.

Changes will also affect the economy: the moving from tier to tier will be more expensive both in experience and in credits; however, it will be less than the old transition between two tiers. For example, the transition from the new tier VI to tier VIII will be, in total, cheaper than it is now.

Missed opportunity to put in game so many famous/historical CVs I think. Wasp, Yorktown, Hornet, Shinano, Unryu, Soryu, Illustrious, Malta, etc.

Beta Tester
719 posts
3,655 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Missed opportunity to put in game so many famous/historical CVs I think. Wasp, Yorktown, Hornet, Shinano, Unryu, Soryu, Illustrious, Malta, etc.

Hey , At least now they going to do it soon when CV mechanics is a gud thing.

Besides , UK CV too coming anyway. so...

[HMASW]
1,559 posts

so what will happen to the carriers independence and bogue, & the respective Japanese carriers, & the new English carriers they were going to bring out?

Ordrazz

357 posts
6,119 battles
7 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Only CV captains will get a free reset....

Well, the direction centre for catapult aircraft now only works for catapult fighter. On my Yamato, I use it specifically for 2 spotter planes. I hope I can get a reset for this.

357 posts
6,119 battles
20 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

this what happen to Kaga and Saipan :))

okay.JPG

Seems fair. Interesting to see how Saipan turns out, her major flavour was T9 fighters and AS. Which s now being more or less removed.

3 posts
3,190 battles
21 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

this what happen to Kaga and Saipan :))

okay.JPG

Finally, the Tier 5,6,7 bully got moved to T8.

God wonders how many potential players got turned off this game by Saipan and Kaga?

225 posts
8,341 battles
19 minutes ago, Entropy_Sky said:

Finally, the Tier 5,6,7 bully got moved to T8.

God wonders how many potential players got turned off this game by Saipan and Kaga?

not much i think some people still keep their premium.....
most people upset because they remove historical ship like hiryuu,Essex, and Taiho....

3 posts
3,190 battles
3 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

not much i think some people still keep their premium.....
most people upset because they remove historical ship like hiryuu,Essex, and Taiho....

I mean the potential players who would keep playing this game, but got bullied out of this game by OP Saipan and Kaga.

115 posts
279 battles

now WG can sell Taiho, Hiryu, and other tech tree sheep as premium

THIS ALSO MAKE WG Easier to create british CV..... only 4 CV in total....

the rest can be sold as premium..... REALLY Geniuses...

225 posts
8,341 battles
8 minutes ago, Entropy_Sky said:

I mean the potential players who would keep playing this game, but got bullied out of this game by OP Saipan and Kaga.

Saipan and Kaga ist not OP anymore, because u only control 1 squadron.....
Kaga OP because 10 torps
Saipan OP because T9 Fighters
both CV lost their unique/gimmick, and i dont know what will WG give for Kaga and Saipan for new CV gameplay....

3 posts
3,190 battles
3 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

Saipan and Kaga ist not OP anymore, because u only control 1 squadron.....
Kaga OP because 10 torps
Saipan OP because T9 Fighters
both CV lost their unique/gimmick, and i dont know what will WG give for Kaga and Saipan for new CV gameplay....

I am having trouble communicating with you.

225 posts
8,341 battles
7 minutes ago, Entropy_Sky said:

I am having trouble communicating with you.

well if u ask about how many player will keep playing this game after CV rework...... i dont know lol

Edited by Gesterbein

Beta Tester
1,240 posts
9,366 battles
4 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Well, the direction centre for catapult aircraft now only works for catapult fighter. On my Yamato, I use it specifically for 2 spotter planes. I hope I can get a reset for this.

Same on my Perth.

5 posts
5,778 battles
30 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

well if u ask about how many player will keep playing this game after CV rework...... i dont know lol

I think Entropy_Sky mean how many new players, who just reached T5, got bullied by Saipan and Kaga before the CV rework. I know this because I have Kaga and got reported from time to time since I keep deleting T5 ships.

357 posts
6,119 battles
47 minutes ago, P_TuSangLui said:

I think Entropy_Sky mean how many new players, who just reached T5, got bullied by Saipan and Kaga before the CV rework. I know this because I have Kaga and got reported from time to time since I keep deleting T5 ships.

Yep, grade A CV logic right there. Get reported for deleting ships, get reported for not deleting ships. Get reported for continuously spotting that DD, get reported for NOT continuously spotting that DD.

231 posts
5,076 battles
19 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yep, grade A CV logic right there. Get reported for deleting ships, get reported for not deleting ships. Get reported for continuously spotting that DD, get reported for NOT continuously spotting that DD.

Get reported simply for playing a CV: CV gameplay in a nutshell.

Much like DD play: continuously spotting a BB - get reported, NOT continuously spotting a BB - get reported.

350 posts
18 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Yeah... RIP Essex ;-;

Press F to pay respects

1269170284_ScreenShot2018-09-27at12_28_39AM.thumb.png.a05b48e884f7fd3a4678a95ea93d2d2c.png

Disposed of but not forgotten! o7

1,931 posts
8,687 battles
11 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

so what will happen to the carriers independence and bogue, & the respective Japanese carriers, & the new English carriers they were going to bring out?

Ordrazz

Carrier Split

Example Long Island -> Bogue 

or Akitsumaru -> Shinyo

Hermes or Argus

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

1,400 posts
9,131 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 10:22 PM, Paladinum said:

WG is full of nonsense. And once again they have proven they have 0 idea what they are doing. Might as well replace CVs with airfields. That would solve the CV sniping issue at least.

Oh and their reasoning for not letting players directly control CVs. "We don't want players to get distracted!" Friggin hilarious. I propose that surface ships be unable to steer while in binocular view. Don't want to distract players from their aiming right? Also it would help level the skill-gap between unicums and potatoes. Brilliant idea. Please implement WG. :Smile_smile:

2 posts
8,043 battles

I used my blood and sweat to get the zuiho and hiryu. Now knowing that they will dispose of them, I'm just devastated. Even Taiho is being scrapped; a historically existing ship. We only have the Hakuryu which is a paper ship. 

250 posts
3,047 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

WG is full of nonsense. And once again they have proven they have 0 idea what they are doing. Might as well replace CVs with airfields. That would solve the CV sniping issue at least.

Oh and their reasoning for not letting players directly control CVs. "We don't want players to get distracted!" Friggin hilarious. I propose that surface ships be unable to steer while in binocular view. Don't want to distract players from their aiming right? Also it would help level the skill-gap between unicums and potatoes. Brilliant idea. Please implement WG. :Smile_smile:

I'm also a bit iffed at their reasoning as to why we can't control CVs directly while in squad control. Surface ships wise, people (especially those with poor situational awareness) often don't pay attention anyway when they are in binocular view (which leads to them sailing into friendlies, torpedoes, shells that citadel and/or delete them, or in rare occasions an enemy ship that they didn't realize was there), so why make it easy for them?

That being said, I think everyone here missed something on the bottom of the panel:

What will happen to the rest of the aircraft carriers, you ask? The answer: researchable ships that have not reassigned in the tech tree will be removed from game for now.

Our precious Essex, Hiryu, Taiho, etc etc etc aren't gone permanently, nor will they be permanently barred from the game (if they hadn't been added yet). They will be "shoehorned" in a tier they fit best (e.g Essex is likely to be tier 10, Hiryu tier 8, Taiho tier 10, Shinano tier 8, etc etc). 

I'm actually kinda surprised at my faith in WG even after being a personal witness to their shenanigans for 5 years.

Edited by TD1