You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bex_o7

AU/NZ snubbed again

80 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
2,285 posts
11,030 battles
14 hours ago, HuginnKR said:

On each server, there is minority of players who are not comfortable with current prime times.

So... all those Players on Australia East Coast And New Zealand, which probably count for the majority of players in those two countries, are considered a minority on the Asia server?

I suppose that makes sense, and yes, Australians probably have an inflated sense of our country’s importance, but It still hurts to have your country ignored in your own region.

[CLAY]
2,285 posts
11,030 battles
15 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Respectfully, the cross server option is not a solution. We all have lives to lead, being given the option to play on a Thursday morning is, frankly, laughable. All you are doing is giving us the ability to play on Sunday morning instead of Saturday night and I can tell you I've got a much better chance of filling a team on a Saturday night.

Adding two hours to the start time of Clan Wars would end this discussion and I'm yet to read a single valid argument against doing it.

Agreed. I noticed from when they started talking about cross server matches that NONE of the times in other servers remotely covered prime time over here. A nice thought, but not good enough.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,085 posts
7,224 battles

Well with steel being one of the draw cards for playing CB's (which is near impossible for us east coast and NZ players) at least they are giving more options to get steel.

[AUSNZ]
21 posts
15,195 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Don't get sucked into the mindset that language even plays a part in this.   ANZ players are the minority and are on the fringe of the server timewise.    There is little or no incentive to alter times which would disadvantage the majority of the server.

I still don't get it, how does making the CB to start ealier by 1 hour, and finish at the same time disadavantage the majority of the server?

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
21 posts
15,195 battles

His reasoning about long queue times during the 1st hour? Us AUZ/NZ clans would more than happily play each other first as more Asian clans started to play, again, how does that disadvantage the clans in those time zones? 

I don't use reasoning that I can't comprehend. 

• Cool 1

[AG7]
[AG7]
6 posts
3,737 battles

Welp, that's disappointing news. Again.

Hopefully, WG reconsiders once cross-server CW is rolled out, and they re-run the potential numbers to include any AUS/NZ players on the NA server.

[NAU]
23 posts
8,724 battles
20 hours ago, HuginnKR said:

Clan Battles mode limitations are mostly about match making, and match making is mostly about number of players available. In order to have adequate matching and queue time, we need to concentrate a group of clans in some limited window. The more time match maker is active, the fewer players we have at one exact moment.

Due to current Clan audience and its activity, RU, EU and NA Clan Battles prime time can be safely tweaked (and we did it), however, modelling the situation for ASIA showed that applying the same tweak would result in huge risks of bad match making, thus making experience worse for everyone on server.

On each server, there is minority of players who are not comfortable with current prime times. Far East on RU, some guys on NA and even on EU. We do want to take care of these players and offer them the same experience, but without hurting the majority. That's why we're developing a solution, whiсh will allow players to go to different server for CvC:)

This is quite a stunning statement.  The risk of players having to match-make for slightly longer is acceptable to you to rule out entire countries?

Respectfully, how is it fair that some players get the benefit of this mode, while the rest of us do not?  

Why not have the same length window and start two hours earlier?

• Cool 1

213 posts
9,985 battles

I'd love to do clan battles in a big way, but starting at 1:30am playing through til 3.30 is not possible with responsibilities starting 7am the next day. I'd be up for a new NZ/AUS clan wars "server" or at least a timezone hosted on the asia servers so we could join in.

Please make it happen, there is enough of a clan base to make it work.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
1,890 posts
8,800 battles
2 hours ago, MeglaGnome said:

I'd love to do clan battles in a big way, but starting at 1:30am playing through til 3.30 is not possible with responsibilities starting 7am the next day. I'd be up for a new NZ/AUS clan wars "server" or at least a timezone hosted on the asia servers so we could join in.

Please make it happen, there is enough of a clan base to make it work.

Won't happen, best we can hope for is an extended window

There simply aren't enough players, trust me I play WoT from time to time and the server is dead half the time due to queue times and it has a larger playerbase

[REPOI]
Beta Tester
956 posts
19,693 battles
21 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Won't happen, best we can hope for is an extended window

There simply aren't enough players, trust me I play WoT from time to time and the server is dead half the time due to queue times and it has a larger playerbase

How frigging hard is it to communicate to the player base. We will extend the window 2 hours prior to the original time. 

However please understand prime time for the server is 830pm gmt+8. So if you dont get a game at 630pm gmt+8 try again or put up with longer wait times. 

We will understand and try our luck. Right now WG just shut us down take it or leave it. 

This is the arrogance of this company. Their way or the highway. 

Well i mean it this time. My wallet is forever closed. I dont care if every christmas container is a premium ship. No more money for weegee. I wont buy anything. Dont care if they release OP ships for cash. I have a stalin that i worked hard at these stupid hours in the last 3 seasons. Im not sure ill do the same thing for the baguette. Maybe i have too many ships to even care any more. 

• Cool 2

1,158 posts
11,077 battles

I played a heap of CW battles last season (2nd most in clan) and turning up to work feeling like a zombie from the 11:30pm starts isn't any fun. Extending the amount of time CW is available isn't an unreasonable request imo. Don't even bother with the cross server thing, just make the times more viable for the existing setup.

• Cool 1

[TF44]
[TF44]
233 posts
16,864 battles

This is the most frustrating aspect of World of Warships.

An entire mode of gameplay is denied to those based in AU and NZ. The fact that Clan Battles are an interesting, challenging and enjoyable mode of play just exasperates those players so affected.

The majority of players of TF44 want to play Clan Battles but are stymied by the availability window.

A 2 hour extension to allow the ASIA Server to host Clan Battles commencing 2 hours earlier could surely at least be trialed to assess the player group participation and the implications on game mechanics.

• Cool 4

[SLAVA]
11 posts
14,734 battles
13 hours ago, Wurger49 said:

I would like to ask do you mean the entire AUS/NZ player base is what you call a minority of players on this server? We are the 2 main English speaking countries on this server and how do you pull data when we can’t even participate.

this also affects clan members who are in the right time zone where they can’t get enough players to form a 7 man team to play CB.

We are not having a go at you, please provide our feedback to the decision makers.

-Asia has more languages than English.
-WG always wanted to please everyone, and they put server is the main timezone in Singapore, it is the center of Asia and i think it is fair
- Look to Banglades and India, they also use English, and they have to play CW during the afternoon, work time, they also have the same situation as you.

Edited by sn1102
  • Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
21 posts
15,195 battles
6 minutes ago, sn1102 said:

-WG always wanted to please everyone, and they put server is the main timezone in Singapore, it is the center of Asia and i think it is fair
- Look to Banglades and India, they also use English, and they have to play CW during the afternoon, work time, they also have the same situation as you.

No, 6.00 to 9.00 is not what I call afternoon. 

[SLAVA]
11 posts
14,734 battles
5 minutes ago, Wurger49 said:

No, 6.00 to 9.00 is not what I call afternoon. 

in india, CW start at 5:00 pm or 5:30 pm. 
that is dinner time, or back to home from work
and i think CW is not always enough with them

• Cool 1

[TF44]
[TF44]
233 posts
16,864 battles

This is part of the English Speaking Community Forum. Your first point is nonsense (as in the classic definition of the word - has no logical basis).

Not one post has disputed the basis for WG selecting the timezone used for Clan Battles.

I sympathize with all players that cannot access Clan Battles because of Time Zone difficulties. The Topic is clearly stated as AUS NZ.  Your last point is irrelevant to the topic.

Please take some time to understand the fundamental issue be addressed by posts before making inane commentary.

Please be courteous and do not indulge in posting utilizing any language other than English in an English Speaking Community.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
144 posts

And which language is taught as a second language in most Asian schools?

English.

24 minutes ago, sn1102 said:

Server is located in Singapore? You sure about that?

The WoT server was recently relocated to Hong Kong. My bet is the smaller WoWS server was too.

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
5,250 battles

How we wished a continent shouldn't break off in the ancient era. Timezone would not be exist by then.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[151ST]
1,890 posts
8,800 battles
44 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

How we wished a continent shouldn't break off in the ancient era. Timezone would not be exist by then.

Yep we should go back to Gondwanaland!

Who wants to bring back Pangea!?

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
5,250 battles
28 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Yep we should go back to Gondwanaland!

Who wants to bring back Pangea!?

WE.

That way , no one can whine anymore about Timezone issue. Timezone word will not be exist now.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,254 posts
15,873 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

WE.

That way , no one can whine anymore about Timezone issue. Timezone word will not be exist now.

I'd be living in Scotland or Ireland right now and not know any different...

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
5,250 battles
24 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I'd be living in Scotland or Ireland right now and not know any different...

Go to Japan.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
Beta Tester
956 posts
19,693 battles
11 hours ago, sn1102 said:

Your logic does not make any sense whatsoever.

The current time is 830pm GMT+8 for 3 hours until 1130pm GMT+8.

How does anyone miss out if it starts 2 hours earlier 630pm GMT+8 and still finish the same time 1130pm GMT+8?

Yes you may not get as much games in between 630-830, but you never know people will be around to play.