Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeltaMikeBravo

Match-Making: The absurbd & ridiculous

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
14 posts
5,277 battles

It's been a bad night playing WoWS... the RNG has been haphazardly weird, but the final blow came in my last game - maybe my very last game. I was playing a Tier 8 North Carolina &... when I entered the game, each side had one (1) x T10 CV + eleven (11) BB's - six x T10 BB's, 3 x T9 BB's and two (2) T8 BB's. The enemy CV decided that our T8 BB's were easy meat and pressed their advantage - too many torpedoes, too many bombs - early deletion! Additionally, it cost me 33K+ credits to play this game. I play this game for enjoyment, to relax, to have some competitive mental stimulation. In Australia, we have a Consumer Law that refers to "Misleading & Deceptive Conduct' - this sort of match-making makes a mockery of the game and makes playing WoWS anything, but pleasurable. I feel gypped, I feel like I've not only lost credits, but I've also spent real money on consumables, ships, upgrades, camouflage and all the rest and that WoWS are being 'deceptive' in the product they're offering. All the marketing hype about Halloween, Christmas and the like count for little when you're regularly and consistently matched against higher tier enemies, many of whom boast OP ships like the Russian Kronshtadt among others. When your T7 Scharnhorst goes one-on-one against a T9 Kronshtadt, the outcome's rarely in doubt! Reading various forums, it appears Wargaming has done little to address the matchmaking in WoTs and will probably do little in WoWS to address the MM problems. What's the solution? It appears our Russian friends have embraced 'capitalism' with admirable fervor and profit is the maximum motive. I look forward to suggestions and solutions, but am not too hopeful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
314 posts
6,007 battles
43 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

I'm not sure I understand from your post what in WG's part that can be considered against the mentioned Consumer Law in your country.

I don’t think the MM argument would ever fly in court. I would not call the mess that is T8 matchmaker “misleading and deceptive conduct”.

The mess that was Graf Zeppelin however, or any other instance when a premium ship is advertised a certain way, but is different when purchased, or game mechanics change post purchase which nullify the main selling point of the ship, that would be closer to “misleading and deceptive conduct”.

That said, T8 matchmaking is a mess, and I sympathise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,050 posts
7,704 battles
13 hours ago, DeltaMikeBravo said:

our T8 BB's

Well, T5 and T8 are bottom tier in almost every game. WG seems unwilling to do anything about it, unfortunately.

13 hours ago, DeltaMikeBravo said:

In Australia, we have a Consumer Law that refers to "Misleading & Deceptive Conduct' - this sort of match-making makes a mockery of the game and makes playing WoWS anything, but pleasurable

 

Just play another tier or mode or stop playing, that’s your choice. Threaten WG with consumer law? Good luck with that. You need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,907 posts
4,190 battles
14 hours ago, DeltaMikeBravo said:

In Australia, we have a Consumer Law that refers to "Misleading & Deceptive Conduct' - this sort of match-making makes a mockery of the game and makes playing WoWS anything, but pleasurable. I feel gypped, I feel like I've not only lost credits, but I've also spent real money on consumables, ships, upgrades, camouflage and all the rest and that WoWS are being 'deceptive' in the product they're offering. 

We all sympathise with people who get up tiered but it happens to all of but.

I did die a little on the inside reading your consumer law comment.  How is their Mm deceptive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
364 posts
3,693 battles
14 hours ago, DeltaMikeBravo said:

It's been a bad night playing WoWS... the RNG has been haphazardly weird, but the final blow came in my last game - maybe my very last game. I was playing a Tier 8 North Carolina &... when I entered the game, each side had one (1) x T10 CV + eleven (11) BB's - six x T10 BB's, 3 x T9 BB's and two (2) T8 BB's. The enemy CV decided that our T8 BB's were easy meat and pressed their advantage - too many torpedoes, too many bombs - early deletion! Additionally, it cost me 33K+ credits to play this game. I play this game for enjoyment, to relax, to have some competitive mental stimulation. In Australia, we have a Consumer Law that refers to "Misleading & Deceptive Conduct' - this sort of match-making makes a mockery of the game and makes playing WoWS anything, but pleasurable. I feel gypped, I feel like I've not only lost credits, but I've also spent real money on consumables, ships, upgrades, camouflage and all the rest and that WoWS are being 'deceptive' in the product they're offering. All the marketing hype about Halloween, Christmas and the like count for little when you're regularly and consistently matched against higher tier enemies, many of whom boast OP ships like the Russian Kronshtadt among others. When your T7 Scharnhorst goes one-on-one against a T9 Kronshtadt, the outcome's rarely in doubt! Reading various forums, it appears Wargaming has done little to address the matchmaking in WoTs and will probably do little in WoWS to address the MM problems. What's the solution? It appears our Russian friends have embraced 'capitalism' with admirable fervor and profit is the maximum motive. I look forward to suggestions and solutions, but am not too hopeful!

It becoming from bad to worst. Every now and then throw out new ships. Money gripping i say. When the ship become too OP they stop selling. Hopeless MM, countless bots, too many radar ships, the list can go on and on....

A games towards it own destruction. I so sick of all the faking bu11shit crap from wg. I already stop playing. How about you ?

Edited by th3vikings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
314 posts
6,007 battles
36 minutes ago, th3vikings said:

A games towards it own destruction. I so sick of all the faking bu11shit crap from wg. I already stop playing. How about you ?

I still play, but I assure you, if I ever stop, I will also stop reading and commenting in the forums, no halfway exit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
335 posts
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I did die a little on the inside reading your consumer law comment.  How is their Mm deceptive? 

It's like trying to sue a casino applying consumer's law because he lost all his money in 1 night without a win, and believe that the casino has been cheating against him.

I hope first of all OP has the money to go for it.

1 hour ago, th3vikings said:

A games towards it own destruction. I so sick of all the faking bu11shit crap from wg. I already stop playing. How about you ?

Everyone involving money transaction has their own faking bu11shit crap too, so having it in WG does not upset/hestitate me or such.

I am still playing it for free, but I will burn out sooner everyday after at most 5-6 battles.

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,050 posts
7,704 battles
3 hours ago, th3vikings said:

A games towards it own destruction. I so sick of all the faking bu11shit crap from wg. I already stop playing. How about you ?

If the game frustrates you so much, you should stop and stay away.

You never should have started to play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
108 posts
3,033 battles
16 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

If the game frustrates you so much, you should stop and stay away.

You never should have started to play.

 

Looking at the forum there are more whinges/ whingers and negative posts than anything good (apart from max) that maybe you all need to stop playing!! ... or maybe have a separate area for whinging so that the rest of us don't have to read them.

its a computer game, it will never be perfect. 

no game suits everyone's needs/ wants.

This is a business that the owners want to make money off. If all the free-loaders expect to be heard and pay nothing ...ah no.

The game won't even exist in 4-5 years.

just have fun with it.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,907 posts
4,190 battles

I'm with Otago.  No one holds a gun to people head to play the game.

I was really hating WOT a few years ago and cut this with the game despite investing a lot of money a time in it.    You never regret ceasing an activity that you dont enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,050 posts
7,704 battles
4 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

Looking at the forum there are more whinges/ whingers and negative posts than anything good (apart from max) that maybe you all need to stop playing!! ... or maybe have a separate area for whinging so that the rest of us don't have to read them.

its a computer game, it will never be perfect. 

no game suits everyone's needs/ wants.

This is a business that the owners want to make money off. If all the free-loaders expect to be heard and pay nothing ...ah no.

The game won't even exist in 4-5 years.

just have fun with it.  

Of course, it would be great if he could just have fun with the game, but it sounded like he cannot and gets very, very frustrated. In this case, I’m serious, he should stop playing. Frustration, anger, hate, jealousy etc etc are bad for you.

And I agree that Max is quite and exception and a fresh wind. The guy seems to be always positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
15 posts
4,500 battles

Good news if this works out OP.  I'm excited if this turns out to reinvigorating tier VIII

 

Matchmaker Optimization

In response to numerous requests from our players, we are improving the matchmaker and enhancing the algorithms responsible for creating teams. This change will be more relevant to Tier VIII–X ships. Tier X battles will have fewer Tier VIII and IX ships as these will more often be matched to Tier VIII and IX battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
335 posts
20 hours ago, AndersVolvker said:

Good news if this works out OP.  I'm excited if this turns out to reinvigorating tier VIII

 

Matchmaker Optimization

In response to numerous requests from our players, we are improving the matchmaker and enhancing the algorithms responsible for creating teams. This change will be more relevant to Tier VIII–X ships. Tier X battles will have fewer Tier VIII and IX ships as these will more often be matched to Tier VIII and IX battles.

It might ended up like 3-5-7 MM in WoT as they had the same "problem" which is not really a problem.

People are still complaining cry about it. :Smile-_tongue::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_trollface:

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[BASE2]
Member
5 posts
3,586 battles

Just played a game as a T8 Chapayev.  One T8 (me).  One T9. 10 Tier 10s.  There was zero value add I could have.  Even if I get to shoot my guns can't penetrate anything.  I've had numerous Chapayev games with 200 hits and only 30 penetrations.  It's utterly pointless playing.  Any AP shell citadels me.

I do not understand why WOWS needs to have have three tiers of ships in a game.  I'm ok with playing vs Tier 9s, but 10 x Tier 10? wtf?

Can't the matchmaking be restricted to only one tier up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
72 posts
7,390 battles

Well, check this out, I was on a game where there is 4 DD per side, got it what .. they have 3XT10, 1XT9, and my side, 3XT8 and 1 XT9 and the game matching balance that with my team having more up tier Cruiser , but unfortunately those prove to be of little. Since the vanguard simply got decimated. If WG think they need to take T10 into T8 or T8 into T10 game, then might be they should consider that .. at these high tier, an up tier can be OP already ... The number of T10 ships in a game should be limited if T8 ships are present ( ditto for all tier likewise ). If they think DD is making problem ad limiting the number to 4 per team, they should also factor that into game matching to give a T8 / T9 present game to have at most 4XT10 per side ... as similar

Edited by Mechfori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
37 posts
13,378 battles

Just complain that bad mm in T8 will make you stop buying premium T8 ships. If enough people complaining using this reason, I believe they'll be heard.

 

On a side note I've been wondering if anchoring is no longer in effect?

Seen hiryuus and rangers with their favorite 788 setup matched with Wooster and DMs.

Did I miss any official statement about this?

Or was it just, you know, karma? lel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,715 posts
8,025 battles

Nope, anchoring still in full effect. Idk why but some things seem to be impossible for developers. Like, mirroring DD top tiers, or, restricting equal tier division only.

One would wonder how hard could these be, probably I need more vodka to understand.

:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×