You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

High tier grind & flags

11 comments in this topic

159 posts
3,388 battles

I'm currently grinding the Iowa & Lion. Since 85% of the games are T10, are there any useful hints & tips with these ships to get the most out of them against all the superbly played T10's?

My stats are these ships are far lower in both W/R & damage that I'm comfortable with. RNG is not doing any favours either. Constant straddling, shatters & overpens seem to be the order of the day whilst the return fire I receive is always bang on the money. On top of that,  most of my teams appear to be far inferior to the opposition, where no one is cap contesting, showing broadsides & not map reading. Then when I get a really adept team, the game is won before I can contribute anything.

The results screen is always the T10 in the top half with everyone else rounding out the bottom. 

I know these are not bad ships, but doing well in them appear to only be achievable when top tier. Can anyone help?

Furthermore, I went to put on the 50% exp flag the other day and saw there is a 16 doubloon resupply cost. Were did this come from?

Super Tester
7,715 posts
8,025 battles
4 hours ago, ArtickWarspite said:

Furthermore, I went to put on the 50% exp flag the other day and saw there is a 16 doubloon resupply cost. Were did this come from?

Economy signals are now available for resupply using doubloons once you run out of stock. Added several patches ago. So keep an eye out on how many you have left. If you have them in stock, you won't spend doubloons.

1,050 posts
7,704 battles
4 hours ago, ArtickWarspite said:

I know these are not bad ships, but doing well in them appear to only be achievable when top tier. Can anyone help?

What you describe is pretty typical, many players experience the same.

If you have the ambition to grind to T10, you just have to bite the bullet. With premium and economy flags you can reduce the number of games you have to play until you get there.

[AUSRP]
[AUSRP]
46 posts
6,944 battles

RUN full economy flags , and get in a good division , add me as a friend in the game [i love  chow mein FYI] we always have a bit of fun while in divisions

398 posts
7,206 battles
1 hour ago, RAlDER said:

RUN full economy flags , and get in a good division , add me as a friend in the game [i love  chow mein FYI] we always have a bit of fun while in divisions

I hope he has thick skin if he divs with you or your clan mates....lol

Edited by dieselhead

159 posts
3,388 battles
20 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Economy signals are now available for resupply using doubloons once you run out of stock. Added several patches ago. So keep an eye out on how many you have left. If you have them in stock, you won't spend doubloons.

Yeah I have heaps of those flags. Better not run out then.. Buggered if I'm going to fork out gold for that. 

20 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

What you describe is pretty typical, many players experience the same.

If you have the ambition to grind to T10, you just have to bite the bullet. With premium and economy flags you can reduce the number of games you have to play until you get there.

Yeah that's pretty much what I thought. Even though I was getting smashed in a lot of these games, my Iowa is almost perfectly in line with the server average which was very surprising- albeit disconcerting.. My Lion is well below average, but it's not fully upgraded yet, so will look at it again later on.

T10, (especially those with hundreds of games experience), they are just so much better than I realised- which in turn means there is so much more to learn, so yes the ambition is there. 

[AUSRP]
[AUSRP]
46 posts
6,944 battles
On 11/19/2018 at 8:31 PM, dieselhead said:

I hope he has thick skin if he divs with you or your clan mates....lol

dont be like that xx im a christian boy