Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Syanda

New update on what's to come in World of Warships

22 comments in this topic

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Originally posted here

For those of you who can't access the site, I'll paste some relevant quotes below. I'll try to keep them in context as much as I can.

What is important is that we proved that our concept works. The core gameplay is fun enough to a wide variety of the audience and we can safely say that nobody expected such a polished game in this stage of development. And of course, we managed to launch the Closed Beta with bells on!

Speaking of Closed Beta, we are confident we will not be stuck in this period for long. Just a few cosmetic changes and additions, some gameplay features and so on.

As for the OBT, or Open Beta Test, the emphasis is on the “O” rather than the “T” as our goal here is to deliver a near-release quality and let our community enjoy the game. We will, however, still be gathering feedback before the game is out in the wild.

In Closed Alpha, a huge part of the development team’s attention was focused on game client and server performance optimization. We knew that if the weaker spectrum of computers could not run World of Warships, we would cut off 40% of our potential audience from enjoying the game. By the CBT launch, we can definitely say that it is possible to play WoWS on PCs with 32-bit Windows systems, meaning Windows XP users can get in on the action as well. The next step is making sure that we keep this up for the rest of the development.

Besides the premium ships, we are planning to introduce the missing tech tree branches for USA and Japan (American battleships and Japanese aircraft carriers). The internal upgrades system will undergo some changes and then we will be testing the hell out of some new features we are planning such as improved projectiles, advanced fighter plane mechanics and armour piercing bombs.

"During the CBT we plan to introduce first premium ships, including German Bismarck and British Warspite for example. By OBT, we will have a whole bunch of new ships, but we cannot say more at the moment." – Vladimir Gremitskiy, head of art department, on introduction of new ships

We will continue developing and enhancing unique abilities for ships (such as smoke screens for destroyers, AA barrage for cruisers and additional repair option for battleships). Those were very well-received by the players, so we’re planning to go further in that direction.

We will also touch the visual side of the ships in terms of additional options like camouflages and flags – we’ve come up with something a bit unusual here, but we think our players are going to love it! Won’t be as straightforward as in other games…

It is a little harder with new maps. We are already very close to finish developing technologies we need for maps, and as soon as all priorities from the tech side are met, we will try to add more maps. We too want more maps!

Apologies for the weird black highlight in some of the quotes. Couldn't get the text colour to change.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

I can soon play in 60 fps with my Potato PC :D

Or get the raspberry Pi 2B and see how many you need to link up to play it ;) .. would be a neat little project.

Beta Tester
141 posts
2,261 battles

IJN Carriers huh?

Guessing that Akagi will be on tier 6, Kaga on tier 7 and Taihou on tier 9. :v

And how about tier 8? In my opinion, Akagi will be in tier 7, Kaga tier 8, and Taihou tier 9

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

I always though that Akagi and Kaga will be on the higher tier, I guess I was wrong :D

Tier X IJN CV would probably be Shinano? (due to her Yamato hull heritage?)

Beta Tester
141 posts
2,261 battles

I always though that Akagi and Kaga will be on the higher tier, I guess I was wrong :D

Tier X IJN CV would probably be Shinano? (due to her Yamato hull heritage?)

Yes it is going to be Shinano

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

its hard to guess the tech tree of japan Aircraft Carrier because they're so many (15 class)

My Guess

tier IV

Houshou (15 planes?)

Tier V

Unryuu

Tier VI

Ryuujo

Tier VII

Akagi

Tier VIII

Shoukaku

Tier IX

Kaga (90 Planes!)

Tier X

Shinano (47 Planes???)

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

hmmm~ how bout IJN CV planes? we gonna get them Zeroes?? :D

or we gonna still see double winged IJN planes? kek~

We will, 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_1MF

but there is must be some upgrade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_A5M

22 posts
3,282 battles

its hard to guess the tech tree of japan Aircraft Carrier because they're so many (15 class)

My Guess

tier IV

Houshou (15 planes?)

Tier V

Unryuu

Tier VI

Ryuujo

Tier VII

Akagi

Tier VIII

Shoukaku

Tier IX

Kaga (90 Planes!)

Tier X

Shinano (47 Planes???)

where is Soryu/Hiryu? D:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

where is Soryu/Hiryu? D:

Like I said, its hard to guess

and there are only 7 tier available 

but I can guess they are somewhere in tier 6/7

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
282 posts
12 battles

Like I said, its hard to guess

Probably one or two of the carriers are going to be prem ships since there are alot ^^

Beta Tester
282 posts
12 battles

Or get the raspberry Pi 2B and see how many you need to link up to play it ;) .. would be a neat little project.

Around 10? for the best experience :B

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

This is WG, needs more fantasy options.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyushu_J7W

Sure, its not carrier borne, and the design pretty much precludes it ever being used on a carrier, but who are we to let facts get in the way of an OP prototype?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

This is WG, needs more fantasy options.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyushu_J7W

Sure, its not carrier borne, and the design pretty much precludes it ever being used on a carrier, but who are we to let facts get in the way of an OP prototype?

well, I'm not showing the second link as high tier nor low tier

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Strange that you guys put kaga and akagi at such high tier when the shoukaku design are better than those 2.

not me...

Sign in to follow this