Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Hoping this means free Captain Skill reset!

15 comments in this topic

1,905 posts
8,614 battles
1 minute ago, Max_Battle said:

With all these changes, this has to mean a free respect? Yes?

Yeap, and also CV Rework and Prinz Friedrich coming, so there will be 2 Commander Resets, this patch and the latter patch

Also Yueyang nerf.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[TLS]
Beta Tester
713 posts
3,647 battles

CV rework will not only refund your CV you hate, your commander whom touched CV will reset to default at no cost.

Beta Tester
1,230 posts
9,354 battles
21 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

CV rework will not only refund your CV you hate, your commander whom touched CV will reset to default at no cost.

Wait, wut?

What about all my cruiser captains who have never been on a CV?

Are you saying ONLY CV captains will be affected?

[TLS]
Beta Tester
713 posts
3,647 battles
16 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Wait, wut?

What about all my cruiser captains who have never been on a CV?

Are you saying ONLY CV captains will be affected?

Only if your Captains has more than a lot of CV based skilled will reset.

For All cruisers type, wait for CB or something for free respec.

232 posts
1,876 battles

Actually Max's question is a really good one about this. The changes that are coming in the next update are going to effect most ship categories with Capt skills.

Are we expected to redistribute skill's at our own expense? (Heaven help us for 19 point skippers). Then there is the next round of changes that will come around Christmas/New Year.

Good luck to the CV players and more power to them. But. Some consideration should be given to the other categories.

Some official info from WG would be very much appreciated by the playing community.

Alex B_T23

55 posts
5,702 battles

It's going to be swings and roundabouts, whatever happens. I agree that a full CV reboot (for example) merits a reset, but how does that actually benefit us?

An immediate reset at the launch of CVs could have us all re-speccing in a lunge towards max AA, only to find the CV reboot fail to have much uptake? But most folks probably wouldn't understand or appreciate a reset 1 month after the CV reboot (because folks are generally addicted to instant gratification, whatever the long term cost).

With an upfront reset, one 'could' simply wait and not play for a month, to see how the meta unfolds, but who the hell wants to do that?! It's a bad option for both us and WG.

The foundation problem here is the high price of captain point resets. 

Given that WG aren't likely to want to lower that price (because vodka costs money), how about an upfront reset AND (please) a free coupon that grants a second full reset, able to be used at the player's discretion?

So, with reference to all the other balance changes, WG could perhaps issue a captain skill point reset coupon periodically, as already occurs in the Arsenal. It doesn't have to be overly generous; perhaps quarterly or bi-annually? It would also help captains that aren't in clans or able to participate in Clan battles (the current method of getting a free reset, that locks out many players).

An alterantive to a full reset (all captains) coupon, could be a higher number of single captain reset coupons, or perhaps 5 or 10 such coupons to start with and then a fresh coupon more frequently? That would allow the meta to evolve more moderately over time, and support players exploring build options rather than leaving out of frustration.

The above would leave the current pricing in place, so that WG could benefit from whaling, whilst reducing the cost barrier for those folks capable of planning ahead and impulse management.

Beta Tester
1,230 posts
9,354 battles
3 hours ago, Farlesquew said:

It's going to be swings and roundabouts, whatever happens. I agree that a full CV reboot (for example) merits a reset, but how does that actually benefit us?

An immediate reset at the launch of CVs could have us all re-speccing in a lunge towards max AA, only to find the CV reboot fail to have much uptake? But most folks probably wouldn't understand or appreciate a reset 1 month after the CV reboot (because folks are generally addicted to instant gratification, whatever the long term cost).

On a personal note, I have many captains with many points who have the same picks I picked for them from years ago before I ever really researched or sought advice.

Many of these picks were not wise. Many of these picks were things I wanted a ship to be good at but were not necessarily true.

"Faster turning turrets!? Who DOESN'T want faster turning turrets!?!?!"
"Improves AA and secondary damage!? Who DOESN'T want better AA and secondary damage!?!?!?"

And other such decisions based on bad or zero advice. So in short, I have many captains I want to respec with all I've learned and experienced regardless of whether or not they are on an AA bote.

But yeah I think you are right about not knowing what the meta is gonna be when new CVs go live. You could probably ask everyone who is testing new CVs for their opinion and still get varied ideas...

232 posts
1,876 battles

As well as the potential changes to AA there are a few other changes/potential changes coming.

AP vs destroyers will only deliver 10% damage for guns over 280mm. This means "Expert loader" will become more important. (Caution "Shiny Horse" jockeys. You have 283mm guns. That's me!). No more obliterating DD's with a single salvo. Do I hear cheers of salvation from the DD jockey's? Come on guy's, you can cheer louder than that.

All Secondary's will standardize with HE. No AP. I'm not sure if this brings IF-HE into play or not?

There is a change coming to CA and CL artillery. According to Flamu, this may also effect IF-HE (Possibly a NERF) because of the heavy dependence CL's have on IF-HE.

Also there is a change proposed for CE in which CE will be a flat 10% across the board instead of varying from ship to ship. I"m sorry guy's but I am finding it difficult to find the reference to this one. I'm sure it was one of our cc's but I cannot find the video ATM.

All this mean's potentially we may have to change up to four skills on our skippers, or at least give serious thought to the value of our selections.

Cheers for now

Beta Tester
1,230 posts
9,354 battles
23 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

As well as the potential changes to AA there are a few other changes/potential changes coming.

AP vs destroyers will only deliver 10% damage for guns over 280mm. This means "Expert loader" will become more important. (Caution "Shiny Horse" jockeys. You have 283mm guns. That's me!). No more obliterating DD's with a single salvo. Do I hear cheers of salvation from the DD jockey's? Come on guy's, you can cheer louder than that.

All Secondary's will standardize with HE. No AP. I'm not sure if this brings IF-HE into play or not?

There is a change coming to CA and CL artillery. According to Flamu, this may also effect IF-HE (Possibly a NERF) because of the heavy dependence CL's have on IF-HE.

Also there is a change proposed for CE in which CE will be a flat 10% across the board instead of varying from ship to ship. I"m sorry guy's but I am finding it difficult to find the reference to this one. I'm sure it was one of our cc's but I cannot find the video ATM.

All this mean's potentially we may have to change up to four skills on our skippers, or at least give serious thought to the value of our selections.

Cheers for now

Exactly.

232 posts
1,876 battles
5 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Exactly.

I tell you Max. I must be really getting old. All these changes. Its to much, I think I need my "Pa Nap'. Nurse, my blankie please.

Beta Tester
1,230 posts
9,354 battles
55 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

I tell you Max. I must be really getting old. All these changes. Its to much, I think I need my "Pa Nap'. Nurse, my blankie please.

Computer games keep your mind young.

It is known.

232 posts
1,876 battles
8 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Computer games keep your mind young.

It is known.

Very true Max. That's one of the reason's I play WoWs plus the fact it is enjoyable. But, there are days.

Cheers mate

Sign in to follow this