You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MeglaGnome

YueYang nerf is a really bad idea

16 comments in this topic

15 posts
4,413 battles

This nerf is a very bad idea. The ship is fun but demanding of skill and not played in randoms that frequently anyway.

If WG do this nerf I want my 5000 dubloons refunded that I spend on perma-camo. I'll stop playing the ship, and stop spending money on the game as well.

If there is a balance issue with the ship, it's in competitive, and its caused by the radar, not the gun or torp reload. Tweak the radar maybe, but leave the basic ship alone, or I might as well play chung mu or go grind a gearing.

The legendary module also looks garbage, so its not like there is a need to force a balance that drives genuine alternate module builds.

My 2c

Melga

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,708 battles

Not played the ship so dont have any skin in the game on this one, but a 33% nerf to DPM sounds well, either WG REALLY f'd up on the ship setup or its the usual WG over reaction. I don tfind the Yueyang as hard to face as the Haragumo

Notser floated an intersting solution if the Yueyang needs such a big nerf, given that the root of the issue is the Radar - introduce 2 hulls. You want Radar? well then you get the hull with crap DPM. You want smoke? Hello pew pew machine guns

398 posts
7,206 battles

This nerf will totally kill YY. It doesn't even need nerfing anyway. The radar is only 20 seconds from memory and the range isnt that great on it.

If you cant deal with a 20 seconds radar playing as a DD then you are really boned considering all the radar cruisers in the game atm.

Also consider that if you take radar consumable then you leave yourself no smoke for defense or smoking team mates, that in itself is a fair trade/nerf.

Wg should just leave it the hell alone!

[SEARN]
514 posts
8,004 battles

Honestly what are they smoking/drinking over there?

This unnecessary and unfounded nerf will totally ruin the ship. Pan Asian DD line isn't the most popular as it is, if YY gets this nerf what's the point of grinding the line if your goal is YY? Much better T10 DD to be found in other lines. It will become another DD that won't be used much as it will be low DPM and not able to effectively fight for caps against other DD. It's guns are its bread and butter when contesting caps obviously due to deep water torps.

Agree with Notser's 2 hull idea that keeps guns good for smoke build and nerfs the radar build ship. Hopefully sanity will prevail and it doesn't come to that.

Never going to happen but I agree that money should be refunded to people (like me) who forked out for the perma camo. If this nonsense gets to the live server I won't be playing the ship as much, if at all. I'll be sticking to Daring which I absolutely love. WG probably going to nerf that next too for no reason.

398 posts
7,206 battles
31 minutes ago, RAlDER said:

the guns arent the op part of the yang , the torps are

The torps are good but they dont hit DD so are useless contesting cap, just another reason YY ISNT OP and needs no nerf.

1,381 posts
9,045 battles

Sigh.

I just don't get why WG can't just nerf the radar directly if that is the problem.

It is like they just looked at the numbers and saw it was overperforming without knowing the reason why.

If they can't nerf the radar directly for whatever reason then they should just go with Notser's 2-hull suggestion.

[AUSRP]
[AUSRP]
46 posts
6,944 battles

it over performs because skilled players use them , not your average dd player , guns are really good with gun reload and captain skills , but as well all know the torps are the death dealers , nothing can react fast enough to move away from the torps

Beta Tester
627 posts
6,893 battles

YY is by far the most popular DD in Clan Battles, and that's because of the combination of radar and friends ready to shoot.  I suspect it is being nerfed because it's so ubiquitous in CB's.

However, given the actual radar is the problem, completely destroying the ship in random battles seems like a pretty stupid solution.  As someone who loves the YY, I think they should just remove the radar (perhaps remove all radar while they are at it :Smile-_tongue: ). 

Honestly, if they literally removed the guns off the ship and gave it torps and radar only, it would still be used in CB's.  The issue is the radar on a DD. Remove that, and they'd find a pretty wide spread of DD options would open up to teams.

Fix the actual problem WG.

[AUSRP]
[AUSRP]
46 posts
6,944 battles
12 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

YY is by far the most popular DD in Clan Battles, and that's because of the combination of radar and friends ready to shoot.  I suspect it is being nerfed because it's so ubiquitous in CB's.

However, given the actual radar is the problem, completely destroying the ship in random battles seems like a pretty stupid solution.  As someone who loves the YY, I think they should just remove the radar (perhaps remove all radar while they are at it :Smile-_tongue: ). 

Honestly, if they literally removed the guns off the ship and gave it torps and radar only, it would still be used in CB's.  The issue is the radar on a DD. Remove that, and they'd find a pretty wide spread of DD options would open up to teams.

Fix the actual problem WG.

Agreed , CB and random battle with a div of dds for smoke it is OP , but when do you see a YY in a random with other DD ready to work together , i like your idea which is fact!

248 posts
14,430 battles

The problem started with radar, and it is still radar and will be radar. The issue is that whoever thought radar on a dd was a "wonderful idea". The day it came out I already knew that the radar would be causing problems. IMHO, remove the radar permanently. Or, give it a radar equal to its concealment. No need for complicated solutions. The WG way of solving problems: Introduce another problem instead of fixing root cause. This is happening with the CV rework, matchmaker, and something else I can't remember offhand.

Whenever I see a panasia dd in my non-panasia dd, I know I have a good chance to terminate its miserable existence in CQC because it doesn't have a one shot kill weapon against me while I do: torpedoes. Take away its guns and I will love the chances even more.

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,257 battles

I would like to see what statistics WG are using to decide the ship is OP?

Is it across all servers or just the RU server?

The Ship in my opinion is well balanced and yeah if anything reduce the torp range to say 12km the same as the Shima, the guns are not the issue with the ship and the suggested nerf goes way too far.

The Pan Asia tree is under subscribed as it is due to the lack of variety and number so this will simply punish the line more to the point where players will only grind through it as a last resort.

Hands of WG in the same breathe you provide buffs to IJN ships you take away probably the single reason players touch the Pan Asian line at all.

398 posts
7,206 battles
1 hour ago, Ranork said:

I would like to see what statistics WG are using to decide the ship is OP?

Is it across all servers or just the RU server?

The Ship in my opinion is well balanced and yeah if anything reduce the torp range to say 12km the same as the Shima, the guns are not the issue with the ship and the suggested nerf goes way too far.

The Pan Asia tree is under subscribed as it is due to the lack of variety and number so this will simply punish the line more to the point where players will only grind through it as a last resort.

Hands of WG in the same breathe you provide buffs to IJN ships you take away probably the single reason players touch the Pan Asian line at all.

Exactly, I only enjoyed 3 ships in the entire line,  Gadjah, Chung and YY. Even in CB it's hard to hit enemy ships with torps as most players know how to make it hard. I only average 1-2 torp hits per game in YY. I don't even think the torp range is OP. 13km isn't over the top IMO.