Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

IJN CA/DD buff... for reals?

27 comments in this topic

325 posts
4,679 battles

Reddit thread

Main Battery guns 203 mm of Japanese cruisers (Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Mogami, Ibuki, Atago, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao) receive an increase in the accuracy, similar to the accuracy of the cruiser Zao.

The change highlights one of the main features of these ships - good volley damage at a relatively low rate of fire.To improve combat effectiveness and bring them in line with classmates, Japanese cruisers receive the following improvements

Japanese cruisers Myoko, ARP Myoko, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, ARP Nachi:

Main Battery rotation speed has been increased from 4 to 5 g/s.

Japanese cruiser Ibuki:

Reload Time decreased from 15 to 13.7 s.

Japanese destroyers Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki, Kagero, Yugumo, Shimakaze, Shinonome, Asashio, Asashio B, HSF Harekaze:

Increased damage from HE shells from 1800 to 2150;

Increased Chance of Fire from 7 to 9%.

Increasing the damage of the shells will allow the Japanese destroyers to more effectively resist classmates. With higher damage volleys and good Detectability Range, Japanese destroyers will be stronger in confrontations with ships with depleted Hit Points, even if they possess a superior rate of fire of their MBs.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

(Pinch me, I think I am dreaming.)

259 posts
5,829 battles

About time. They are good ships generally, but have suffered due to power creep in recent years. The CA buffs reinforce their strengths, while the DD buffs make them (slightly) more effective against other DDs.

208 posts
8,210 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

About time. They are good ships generally, but have suffered due to power creep in recent years. The CA buffs reinforce their strengths, while the DD buffs make them (slightly) more effective against other DDs.

IJN CA get power creeped so  much is Furutaka and Aoba, rest they still capable to do something......
IJN DD well they are not power creeped WG just hate  torpedo boat it seems lol
its pretty hillarious when they buff IJN DD gun back to old day lmao

Increased damage from HE shells from 1800 to 2150;

Increased Chance of Fire from 7 to 9%.

356 posts
7,102 battles

Shimakaze does good damage per salvo anyway and its a torp boat ffs. That's why it has mass dmg torp's? It also just got a fairly big concealment buff  so I hope they don't buff it further.

It's concealment dictates its a torp boat and if you try to play it as a gun boat, well, you're going to get punished.

What they should be doing is nerfing the DPM of ships like Harugumo if they are concerned with it being competitive. 

Same could be said for the IJN cruiser's, sure they don't have the ROF compared to other ships in the same class but they do have great torp's with much longer range to compensate.

As for power creep I think all the older ships in the game have suffered from that as new ships are released into the game.

IDK, I think WG time would be better spent fixing (nerfing) radar.

Edited by dieselhead

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,520 battles
2 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Might be time to get past Myoko then.

You've been missing out on the Mogami then, forget the 203s, 155 filthy he spam for the win. With IFHE 5,6,7 even 8 k he salvos are common. The Mgami got a much needed turret rotation buff a while back. 

Beta Tester
822 posts
8,747 battles
2 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

You've been missing out on the Mogami then, forget the 203s, 155 filthy he spam for the win. With IFHE 5,6,7 even 8 k he salvos are common. The Mgami got a much needed turret rotation buff a while back. 

Oh I always thought I would enjoy getting further up the IJN CA line. Just haven't got around to it yet.

1,356 posts
8,888 battles

Finally. The changes were long overdue.

Good that the Ibuki is finally getting a buff that she definitely needs. Too bad it is only after I finished her horrible grind.

326 posts
10,550 battles

Finally, WG show some love to IJN DD.

Oh wait, no love to Aki. Why????? (Despite she & her sister a AA support DD's).

221 posts
2,713 battles
On 11/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, ArchKongou said:

Finally, WG show some love to IJN DD.

Oh wait, no love to Aki. Why????? (Despite she & her sister a AA support DD's).

You're not the only one who wishes Akizuki and her T9/T10 successors gets DFAA. I wish for that too.

325 posts
4,679 battles

79184256_Screenshot(402).thumb.png.2cbe8a0f86bdd8867a79fb24797282ab.png

"IJN CA need buff"

(The thing is, honestly, they kinda do. The above is the kind of once-in-a-hundred golden game where your Farragut smokes you up twice and your BBs push in to engage the enemy BBs leaving you free to go to town on them unmolested. Further Myoko gets away with it because she sees T5-7 MM more often than not. Mogami and Ibuki are almost always uptiered, Aoba and Furutaka also. Uptiered you are outranged & outgunned, posting any kind of significant score is harder in my experience than in either the French or German lines.)

103 posts
4,842 battles

The DD gun buff is not particularly useful in most situations, unless you gunboat in smoke. TRB Shiratsuyu, Kagerou and Yuugumo don't really need that.

The CA turret traverse buff though. 1 and 1/2 years too late.

59 posts
7,189 battles

I say this is long overdue ... but I am not sure if the gun buff on the IJN DD really the right idea, on these mid to high tier DD rank, the problem with the IJN line had been that Wargaming pretty much do not give them what they are suppose to be good at ... concealment and torp ( in particular torp range except for Shima but that is 2.5km detection range ). The principle character Wargaming set for IJN DD line is their torp and their concealment and at these mid to high tier both are just so so.

So while the gun buff is fine, I think the guns buff could better be shortened reload instead of increased damage as in DD fight the reload time is often more important than the damage ( witness how the Akizuki and Kitakaze could pretty much gun duel even when they have lower damage 100mm gun and also much less maneuverable hull. )

So instead of just the gun buff , to return the IJN back to able to perform the buff or buffs should be ( slightly ) better concealment, shorter reload of their guns ( not needed for Akizuki line ), and (slightly might be roughly 10 to 12,5 % )  longer torp range .. and might be on the top end T8 to T10 increased damage to the torp. Right now the issue is there simply because these IJN DD are forced to play like other DD, where their suppose to be superior concealment and Torp range both are actually non existent against their other countries counterpart, and even more so with the advance of more CL, Radar etc ... Wargaming game balance had been pretty lousy IMHO when introducing new element into the game.

On the other hand I am not sure if the CA change really could do the effect WG wants 

Edited by Mechfori

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles

If they put Harugumo on Buff, I feel like I am going to feel an unspeakable evil kind of damage. But thankfully , they not.

Sign in to follow this