You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fadzli_Jamil

I THOUGHT WG DOESNT SELL T9 SHIP!!

28 comments in this topic

1 post

issue here is having a T9 ship available to beginners who have no idea about the game mechanics. It's bad enough in T8, and having that problem in T9 as well is, When beginners are able to skip the grind and go to top tiers without a single clue on how top-tier gameplay works, you start to create new problems.... It been 3 years since tons of tier 8s pre and wallet warrior just buy it , wg seem learn nothing!! What's next? Premium T10s?

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

Maybe WG thought those who would buy premium ships to kick start their wows career are one of those really dedicated players.....

But jokes apart, WG said many things in the past, broke many promises, ruined many dreams... This ain't the first time, won't be the last either.

Already met a few speshuuuul JBs in battles. I am kinda shocked. But hey, people's money..

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,329 posts
8,812 battles

I thought the whole idea of the Free XP Premiums was to prevent new players from straight up buying a high tier ship they have zero business playing.

Does that mean we are no longer going to get Free XP ships anymore?

237 posts
5,804 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I thought the whole idea of the Free XP Premiums was to prevent new players from straight up buying a high tier ship they have zero business playing.

Does that mean we are no longer going to get Free XP ships anymore?

I though WG was using free so ships as a XP sink, so less people free so their way up lines.

991 posts
7,403 battles
8 hours ago, Fadzli_Jamil said:

issue here is having a T9 ship available to beginners who have no idea about the game mechanics.

I know what you mean. There was a time when Tirpitz was on sale and you saw plenty of Tirpitzes do all kind of dumb things in high tier games. I remember when I bought my Atago and my highest tech-tree ship was T6. I didn’t fare too well in T10 games, haha.

On the other hand, you see enough players do dumb things in tech-tree ships, all the way up to T10. And you see other players do really smart tings in premiums, all the way to T8.

I personally would not be willing to spend what they ask, but I’m saving up coal and may get the T9 in the arsenal.

WG allows people to play the game for free, so you have to understand they come up with all kind of schemes to make money.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

WG said many things in the past, broke many promises, ruined many dreams... This ain't the first time, won't be the last either.

"there will be No submarines~ in~ da game"

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,095 battles

If Weegee marketing tol me the sky was blue I would still go outside to check.  Its a cross platform thing as well.

We wont sell the JP2Z.  Wee wont sell the mutant.  We wont sell the KV220

[ZA]
156 posts
7,338 battles

I actually don't mind they sell high tier ships as long as people can grind those ship with in game currency. From player perspective, the choice it is time vs money, just like premium account. 

In the end, there are only so many ships within the game's era and scope, and they will need to find some way to monetize them and paid their Bill's.

Beta Tester
659 posts
8,326 battles

Jean Bart is just over $100AUD.

*considers all things that can be said about paying such an amount for ONE ship in a game that is fully enjoyable for free*

*cannot isolate individual and poignant points*

*returns to enjoying game and not spending over $100 on a single ship*

Edited by Max_Battle

175 posts
1,001 battles
18 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Jean Bart is just over $100AUD.

*considers all things that can be said about paying such an amount for ONE ship in a game that is fully enjoyable for free*

*cannot isolate individual and poignant points*

*returns to enjoying game and not spending over $100 on a single ship*

Hmmm. Mean while in Arsenal 

IMG_20181108_152552.jpg

Beta Tester
659 posts
8,326 battles
12 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

Hmmm. Mean while in Arsenal 

IMG_20181108_152552.jpg

Heh, yeah I guess.

But you can earn coal in game AND FXP.

I'm not saying don't spend RL money.

I buy premium time all the time and I have some premium ships.

I guess I'm more thinking that I can sink wallet warriors AND tech tree dwellers just the same.

Actually can't remember the last time I saw a really good player in a wallet warrior ship...?

326 posts
10,481 battles

Neh. It's not WG told us the "fake news".

But then again, this is the game where "hopes, dream & money" come first. Go figure.

P/s: Im agree with the others. Just get urself a Musashi. 

Edited by ArchKongou

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,412 battles

They always sold T9 Premiums I thought, just go buy Gold and turn it into XP and purchase the MO etc? I thought a lot of peeps did that type of thing, perhaps I don't understand how it works though /shrug.

1,329 posts
8,812 battles
2 hours ago, Soloun said:

They always sold T9 Premiums I thought, just go buy Gold and turn it into XP and purchase the MO etc? I thought a lot of peeps did that type of thing, perhaps I don't understand how it works though /shrug.

The difference is to convert ship xp to free xp, you still need ship xp to begin with. In other words, you still need to have spent time playing the game.

But by selling Jean Bart directly in the shop, new players don't need to play a single game before jumping straight into Tier 9-10 battles and being a deadweight for their team.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

wow, just leave the game nearly  a month and now WG release tier 9 pre "sheep":cap_wander:

Read the WG's explain post and i don't feel convince at all.

back because i hear IJN sheeps get some buff but this......................:cat_paw::cat_paw:

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

114 posts
2,617 battles
17 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Maybe WG thought those who would buy premium ships to kick start their wows career are one of those really dedicated players.....

But jokes apart, WG said many things in the past, broke many promises, ruined many dreams... This ain't the first time, won't be the last either.

Already met a few speshuuuul JBs in battles. I am kinda shocked. But hey, people's money..

Yeah.. and that money keep the game 'free' for the rest of us. I guess we can only pray that those JBs are on red team

Edited by zergling_

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
24 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Found a lot of them today, tried to bow tank Yamato....

Wait a minute , i thought most BB would have no problem surviving as long as you dont park nose straight.

In most cases , if they thought french BB are meant to tank , i really think high tier games are now a lost cause in the middle of dooms land.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

Wait a minute , i thought most BB would have no problem surviving as long as you dont park nose straight.

Most of the times French BBs are left alone cause many people think they are hard to hit. But if they let you hit, they do not last very long. Especially under immense firepower that Montana, Yamato, Conqueror etc pumps out.