You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KingOchaos

Best use of dubloons?

18 comments in this topic

17 posts
7,860 battles

Ive played a fair bit o this game... but have yet to spend so much as a penny. Now im thinking of getting a few permanent cammo's. Am i better to go for them in higher tiers or lower?  what makes more sense/cents, economically. 

Im thinking mino/ or fiji, and mahan... or  i dunno, i dont want to be plagued with buyers remorse... being such a cheap bugger n all. So would appreciate some experienced views.

Thanks

2,221 posts
13,710 battles

I currently have 42 ships that have permanent camos that I earned for free (many of those ships were also earned for free). So I guess my advice is wait for a sale of 50% or greater and buy port slots.

Edited by keskparane

318 posts
6,868 battles

Earn free camo where you can and stock pile the doubloons for something more worthy - Christmas is coming up and there's usually a better Doubloon to FXP conversion going on.

I wouldn't waste Doubloons on port slots though, just sell a ship that you no longer play and free up that slot.

17 posts
7,860 battles

Ok, so its better to just buy a prem for earning credits, (i have a few won ones... the leningrad can certainly make money) Yea i already have about 48 odd ships, from getting slots in containers, andthats what i sent a lot of the 2k odd doubloons i got out of super containers, so am probably better of selling excess ships rather than buying more slots... in saying that ive brought Edinburgh three times now. 

thanks for the insights.

2,221 posts
13,710 battles
1 hour ago, KingOchaos said:

... in saying that ive brought Edinburgh three times now. 

exactly. that's approx 13.3 mil credits wasted?

also consider this... I can make about 5 mil credits each time a discount runs just by purchasing consumables for each ship and then unloading them all into inventory and using the stockpile on the ships I play

316 posts
4,653 battles

best use for small amount of doubloons -> re-spec'ing captains, demounting modules, port slots

best use for moderate amount of doubloons -> permanent camo for your favorite ships

best use for large amount of doubloons -> ?? premiums I guess...

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles

If you play regularly, best use of doubloons are either buying the T10 perma camo or buying premium time in game using doubloons. And when FXP conversion discounts occur, you can convert silver xp to free xp.

There are ships that can be bought with doubloons, and on several occasions each year there will be discounts, but those are one of the lowest discounts ever offered. 

25 posts
4,481 battles

Permanent cammo for your credits farming ships. Or converting elite ships exp to free exp, sometimes you got discount event for this, just wait until the right moment.

1,011 posts
7,464 battles
On 11/7/2018 at 12:47 PM, KingOchaos said:

Now im thinking of getting a few permanent cammo's. Am i better to go for them in higher tiers or lower?

Buy camos for the ships you like and play a lot.

You can buy permanent camos for T6 and up tech-tree ships.

There are some special camos for low tier ships, but they are usually rewards for missions or similar.

316 posts
4,653 battles
21 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Save them for sales , port slot, high tier permanent camou, and Exp convert .. the typical that benefit

I'm not convinced XP->FXP conversion is ever a good use of doubloons aka your actual cash. I've got a couple of million elite XP kicking around and have no intention of doing anything with that stash.

I mean, ok, all these min-maxing discussions of vitual goods are inherently suspect, but in the sense that regardless you are paying real money to unlock some functionality in a video game it seems to me to be more sensible to pay for something that, either, a) you really want but you could never obtain by other means, or, b) offers a permanent in game quality of life improvement, aka a TX camo. Paying money just to speed up the game (to get from point A to point B more quickly) seems like the worst use, since even if you end up with a new TX ship you are still left having to then spend all the resources to equip and maintain it.

Of course spending money to buy doubloons to convert XP to FXP to buy a premium FXP ship like Nelson or Musashi merely condenses to spending money to buy a premium ship, no different than spending the money in the premium shop for Sharnhorst or Jean Bart.

Edited by Rina_Pon

58 posts
7,189 battles
On 11/8/2018 at 8:45 AM, Rina_Pon said:

I'm not convinced XP->FXP conversion is ever a good use of doubloons aka your actual cash. I've got a couple of million elite XP kicking around and have no intention of doing anything with that stash.

I mean, ok, all these min-maxing discussions of vitual goods are inherently suspect, but in the sense that regardless you are paying real money to unlock some functionality in a video game it seems to me to be more sensible to pay for something that, either, a) you really want but you could never obtain by other means, or, b) offers a permanent in game quality of life improvement, aka a TX camo. Paying money just to speed up the game (to get from point A to point B more quickly) seems like the worst use, since even if you end up with a new TX ship you are still left having to then spend all the resources to equip and maintain it.

Of course spending money to buy doubloons to convert XP to FXP to buy a premium FXP ship like Nelson or Musashi merely condenses to spending money to buy a premium ship, no different than spending the money in the premium shop for Sharnhorst or Jean Bart.

In a sense I do not disagree , after all, coverting Xp-FXP is no more different than pay to progress/ pay to win, as which what those FXP are used for . That is also why I think foremost things like port slot and premium ships made more sense. Premium ships among to paid DLC, and port slot is certainly something that do nothing to actual benefit or affect game play.

492 posts
7,643 battles
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, dieselhead said:

T10 perma camo's are worth their weight in gold! I have them on nearly all my T10 ships and Fletcher, well because its a Fletcher xD.

Was expensive but I have put it on all my T10 ships. Not fun grinding to a T10 ship and not being able to enjoy the pinnacle of that long hard grind due to crappy T10 economy.

T10 perma camo allows you to play them regularly and actually enjoy these great ships you have worked so hard for.

For me as a co-op player with only prem account, 5 economy signals and the T10 perma camo, I regularly get as a minimum 100k profit per T10 game.

245 posts
347 battles

I recently got 350 doubloons and i think camo is not the best option to spend them on. I would say slot or conversions is the best option (for me).

You can pile up camo just from containers.