Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waichung1823

Best tier for fun?

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
194 posts
1,019 battles
19 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Play Coop for a while

Haha the Post battle service is expensive.  I don't have premium account and enough flags to break even 

Edited by waichung1823

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
194 posts
1,019 battles
19 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

^

Off topic: So i m grinding 3 cruiser line, US UK and France. I have both tier 5 Omaha, Emily Bertin and Emerald. So which line should i continue first? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
741 posts
8,493 battles
1 minute ago, waichung1823 said:

Off topic: So i m grinding 3 cruiser line, US UK and France. I have both tier 5 Omaha, Emily Bertin and Emerald. So which line should i continue first? 

I vote US line. Personal choice only of course as there is no right answer.

If I had to make an argument I would say that the line split gives you many options and also if you are going to grind some coop for a while, you will enjoy the AA that comes with the line.

Personal choice only.

(I have no French stuff but am up to Fiji on RN - Fiji is first actual fun one IMO).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
194 posts
1,019 battles
15 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I vote US line. Personal choice only of course as there is no right answer.

If I had to make an argument I would say that the line split gives you many options and also if you are going to grind some coop for a while, you will enjoy the AA that comes with the line.

Personal choice only.

(I have no French stuff but am up to Fiji on RN - Fiji is first actual fun one IMO).

Do you struggle dealing damage with UK line because of Only AP? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
741 posts
8,493 battles
Just now, waichung1823 said:

Do you struggle dealing damage with UK line because of Only AP? 

I did but @icy_phoenix had some useful tips for me and it improved my performance.

Let's see - only use smoke when you really need to, look for chances to ambush torp and pick your aim points carefully?

I don't know if I have just been lucky with Fiji but her AA and secondaries have worked really well for me too - but I may have just had a bit of luck.

(Secondaries don't reveal you when smoke firing even under your "fire from smoke" conceal range).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
194 posts
1,019 battles
6 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I did but @icy_phoenix had some useful tips for me and it improved my performance.

Let's see - only use smoke when you really need to, look for chances to ambush torp and pick your aim points carefully?

I don't know if I have just been lucky with Fiji but her AA and secondaries have worked really well for me too - but I may have just had a bit of luck.

(Secondaries don't reveal you when smoke firing even under your "fire from smoke" conceal range).

Btw, US CL/CA line split, should i go for PepsiCola or The GTA Dallas Gang? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
741 posts
8,493 battles
Just now, waichung1823 said:

Btw, US CL/CA line split, should i go for PepsiCola or The GTA Dallas Gang? 

Again, personal opinion only, and everyone will have their own idea - but I love Pepsi ship.

Sure, she is squishy and can get punished but I simply love her 10x 203mm American piercing shells.

I literally drool saliva when someone turns side on to me when I have AP loaded - I make the Homer pleasure sound.

She does have slow turret traverse though - I have John Doe as my trained captain on her to help with that and also helps with rapid change of ammo type - which I do a lot.

Again - personal choice only but I love Pepsi 203mm ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
194 posts
1,019 battles
3 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Again, personal opinion only, and everyone will have their own idea - but I love Pepsi ship.

Sure, she is squishy and can get punished but I simply love her 10x 203mm American piercing shells.

I literally drool saliva when someone turns side on to me when I have AP loaded - I make the Homer pleasure sound.

She does have slow turret traverse though - I have John Doe as my trained captain on her to help with that and also helps with rapid change of ammo type - which I do a lot.

Again - personal choice only but I love Pepsi 203mm ship.

 

I don't know which line to grind first actually.i prefer to have decent armour and good ROF

 

But for me, spotted a broadside cruiser 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,459 battles
10 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

So i need a break from losing streak. 

Don’t play T5 or T8, that’s bottom tier most of the time.

It looks like in T7 (and T10 obviously) you are more likely to be top tier and you will have more impact on the match, if that’s what you want.

Not sure about the economics of operations, without premium. With premium and economy flags it’s very good to earn XP and credits. The current operation with submarines has some appeal.

10 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

Off topic: So i m grinding 3 cruiser line, US UK and France. I have both tier 5 Omaha, Emily Bertin and Emerald. So which line should i continue first? 

With what I know today, I would unlock Leander first and then switch to the French tree. If that’s the best for you, I don’t know.

From Omaha you move up to Pensacola, she wouldn’t be one of my favourites. In the old days, your next ship would have been T6 Cleveland and recommending that would have been straightforward. I don’t play USN cruisers much, I’m not the best person to ask about this line. There is now the split light and heavy cruisers. Many of the new ships I have not played much. Special consumable I guess would be radar from T8.

If you like RN cruisers, Leander comes after Emerald. Leander is a big improvement over Emerald and one of my favourite ships. Leander is good for many of the T6 operations. You can learn how to position your ship, drop smoke and then citadel the bot cruisers’ broadsides with your 150mm British AP when they go past. Although T7 Fiji, T8 Edinburgh and T9 Neptune are not everyone’s taste. T10 Minotaur is fun with insane ROF and AA – if you survive long enough to enjoy it. Special consumable on this tree is smoke, which you can switch for radar.

From Emile you move on to La Gallisoniere, Algerie and Charlie Martel. I quite like all of those and in the respective T6, T7 and T8 operations you can generally use French cruisers and they perform well. Special consumables are speed boost and gun reload booster. I quite like the speed boost, still getting used to the gun reload booster. I could recommend this line.

Actually, thinking about it, all three nations’ cruisers can go into the operations at the various tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
245 posts
345 battles

Im currently playing tier 7 on my Gneisenau, and it is really fun. Theres a balance between noob and unicum, and you rarely get bottom tier. I would say tier 9 (and 10 maybe) is quite fun because you rarely get bottom tier too, although i never play tier 9 or 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,459 battles
27 minutes ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

I would say tier 9 (and 10 maybe) is quite fun because you rarely get bottom tier too, although i never play tier 9 or 10.

High tier games can be quite static, people playing safe and waiting for someone to make a mistake.

Playing mid tier definitely is more fun, but when you play T5, you are almost always bottom tier, which isn’t fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
194 posts
1,019 battles
2 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

The Britain CL was a mistake, except Leander, Leander is a very good ship. gladly there will be a CA Split on the line soon after the CV overhaul.

Do it have trouble dealing with angled cruiser? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
7 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

Do it have trouble dealing with angled cruiser? 

You will only do over-pen damage on angled cruisers. While it is entirely possible to kill a ship with just over-pens, you will take a lot of time. This is by-design. So, you will have to grab opportunities to shoot at their sides. In other words, positioning is even more important for UK CLs. You have to be in a position to create cross fire with your teammates, so either they angle towards you, or towards them.

At the end of the day, how much damage you do with UK CL depends on how good your positioning is, and how well you choose your targets. Finally, how well you aim based on the armor section you can actually penetrate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
194 posts
1,019 battles
4 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

You will only do over-pen damage on angled cruisers. While it is entirely possible to kill a ship with just over-pens, you will take a lot of time. This is by-design. So, you will have to grab opportunities to shoot at their sides. In other words, positioning is even more important for UK CLs. You have to be in a position to create cross fire with your teammates, so either they angle towards you, or towards them.

At the end of the day, how much damage you do with UK CL depends on how good your positioning is, and how well you choose your targets. Finally, how well you aim based on the armor section you can actually penetrate.

So for BB, i just need to aim my AP shells on Superstructure? 

 

What about Dallas? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
5 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

So for BB, i just need to aim my AP shells on Superstructure? 

 

What about Dallas? 

 

 

Not always super structure. you can pen their upper belt when given broadside and for some BBs, bow and stern too. Depending on angle of course. While you can always go for super structure overpens. pen damage is what you are looking for. So I suggest check the armor models of ships you can meet in battle in your port. Also, do not forget, the high damage of UK CL games will always involve torpedo hits. So sneak around and try to torp people if you can. UK CL excel in deleting DDs and other cruisers. Focus on them more.

Im confused about the 2nd question. Are you shooting a Dallas with UK CL or are you asking what to shoot with Dallas.

Dallas HE is pretty good but you must take IFHE. AP is lighter, so at range, its better not to use AP, stick to HE.

If you are shooting a Dallas, aim for his turrets or superstructure when angled, go for citadel hits if broadside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[AMPOL]
Member
42 posts
3,405 battles

I like the US CL line - high ROF with HE and AP, nice handling and fun to play, and pretty solid to T10.

T2 and T3 can be fun if you don't take it too seriously if you are a high tier player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
194 posts
1,019 battles
28 minutes ago, scottme said:

I like the US CL line - high ROF with HE and AP, nice handling and fun to play, and pretty solid to T10.

T2 and T3 can be fun if you don't take it too seriously if you are a high tier player.

I have Alex Overchecking in My orlan, it is fun to bring it out haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
194 posts
1,019 battles
30 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Not always super structure. you can pen their upper belt when given broadside and for some BBs, bow and stern too. Depending on angle of course. While you can always go for super structure overpens. pen damage is what you are looking for. So I suggest check the armor models of ships you can meet in battle in your port. Also, do not forget, the high damage of UK CL games will always involve torpedo hits. So sneak around and try to torp people if you can. UK CL excel in deleting DDs and other cruisers. Focus on them more.

Im confused about the 2nd question. Are you shooting a Dallas with UK CL or are you asking what to shoot with Dallas.

Dallas HE is pretty good but you must take IFHE. AP is lighter, so at range, its better not to use AP, stick to HE.

If you are shooting a Dallas, aim for his turrets or superstructure when angled, go for citadel hits if broadside.

I m actually asking for Dallas performance. IFHE is needed, what about DE? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×