You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

Increase post-battle service fee for T8,9ships

24 comments in this topic

[COAT]
1,189 posts
10,225 battles

Why I come up with this idea?

Recent days I've seen a lot of noobs ruining high tier battles.They only grind 1 line.Without experience,they'll spoil the game.

So I suggest increase the post-battle fee in order to make them gain more EXP in low and mid tier battles before go into high tier.

Also promote the sale of permanent camo,etc

Edited by User_1145141919810

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,861 posts
4,149 battles

Yet some time ago the community as a whole completely disagreed with this idea and WG capped post battle costs to make it fairer on the community.

Unfortunately for you, you don't get to decide who plays and who doesn't.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[LBAS]
4,505 posts
25,688 battles

why T8 and T9?

if and only if WG increase repair bill >> all tiers will rise up like before 0.5.12 (excluded ammunition cost) [COOP and RANDOM have same repair cost]?

T5~35k

T6~50k

T7~75k

T8~100k

T9~150k

TX~250k

Midway = Hakuryu =360k/battle[MAX] :cap_wander_2:

then what

population of this server going down to 5k players per day and then 2k and then less than 1k and dead :cap_wander:

in the other hand, just like before, people shall seal club with low tiers

and high tiers population shall going down and you have not enough players to play with you

wanna try?

Edited by MatterCore

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,500 battles
1 hour ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Recent days I've seen a lot of noobs ruining high tier battles.They only grind 1 line.Without experience,they'll spoil the game.

So I suggest increase the post-battle fee in order to make them gain more EXP in low and mid tier battles before go into high tier.

Well , they are well within their rights to do so , and it certainly is outside of your control. And also , nowadays most players just stay away from high tiers due to fierce competition. You could just get a tier 6 or 7 to play along. Experience is not the right word for it , i think dedication factor more. Some one could play the game for 5 years and still dont get want is needed , since they arent really improving the "politically correct" way.

Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles

High tiers are filled with really dedicated players with botting skills. No wonder a lot of us now play a lot less. WG caters for them, nothing we can do about it.

[COAT]
1,189 posts
10,225 battles
53 分鐘前,MatterCore 說:

why T8 and T9?

if and only if WG increase repair bill >> all tiers will rise up like before 0.5.12 (excluded ammunition cost) [COOP and RANDOM have same repair cost]?

T5~35k

T6~50k

T7~75k

T8~100k

T9~150k

TX~250k

Midway = Hakuryu =360k/battle[MAX] :cap_wander_2:

then what

population of this server going down to 5k players per day and then 2k and then less than 1k and dead :cap_wander:

in the other hand, just like before, people shall seal club with low tiers

and high tiers population shall going down and you have not enough players to play with you

wanna try?

So it's just T8 and T9,encourage players to play more mid tier before entering high tier

1,357 posts
8,894 battles

Umm, how about no. It needlessly punishes coop players as well as good legitimate players.

If you want to prevent players from just grinding up one line, then do so directly. Make a requirement that buying a Tier 10 ship requires two Tier 9 ships or similar.

Beta Tester
665 posts
3,533 battles

Are you out of your mind to let me pay my service bill? I dont have anymore Credits! I have only 9 Million credits at the moment unlike you or others gone beyond 100M.

And i don't have Premium time like most of you mongs with beyond 400 Days. And to top it that off, i am a frequent Conqueror player. I lost almost 300k per 4 - 5 Battles.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[LBAS]
4,505 posts
25,688 battles
44 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

So it's just T8 and T9,encourage players to play more mid tier before entering high tier

there is no reason to do with only 2 tiers

1 way all or ZERO

RU NA EU, I dont think they shall happy if WG gonna take this way for SEA

Remember: Repair cost had changed by tons of complain and feedback from 4 servers

Edited by MatterCore

330 posts
4,099 battles
4 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Forcing them to learn in low to mid tier battles doesn't help either. That's because every veterans in the game have the freedom to research another line. Which means that seal clubbing is the thing in here. Instead, noobs will get rekt again. If you feel like noobs are ruining high tier battles, it's your responsibility to lead the battle and teach them. Moreover, not all players are wallet warrior. Some of them doesn't have real money to afford much doubloons like you do. Remember the seal clubbing thingy? Promoting the permanent camo or flags will also makes huge advantages to the seal clubbers. Making noobs weaker and weaker. Fortunately, WG has decided to implement daily bonuses and arsenal. But still, post battle service should not be increased. 

245 posts
14,037 battles

The solution is not to bar them from playing high tiers. The solution is to hammer into their heads how to play to win instead of sitting back/chasing ghosts/running into the radar zone. The problem is almost all of them do not speak Spanish. Or Portugese. Or Lithuanian. Or Hungarian. Half of them speak in square boxes and cannot communicate with their team. The other half think they are too good to take advice. Then we have the "scripted automated players" who do not communicate. WG changed the postbattle repair mechanics so that it is no longer bound to how much damage you took. YET players are afraid to get their spanking new Yamato dented. -_-

Anyway, I have given up trying to educate them. Amongst ourselves, we share battle reports of stupidity.

C'est la vie.

1,046 posts
7,518 battles
18 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

I am against all “rules” that are invented with the intention to keep “the noobs” out of parts of the game. There will always be noobs in PvP online games.

If a player wants to drive a Yamato and therefore grinds the IJN BB line only, how is that a less noble cause than you wanting “a fun game without noobs”?

When a fantastic player or a noob queue in a Yamato, you have a 50% chance to have him on your team, 50% he is on the enemy team.

261 posts
5,832 battles

Is this bait? It’s sounds like bait.

I barely play my T8 and 9s due to cost (Missouri excluded, because cha-ching). If cost rises, I will play them less. The less I play them, the worse I will be at them. Meaning if I participate in next T8 ranked season, I will be noob.

Yes, you argue that people should play more mid tier ships to get better before playing high tier ships, but the best way to get better at a particular ship is to play THAT ship more.

There is also a difference in the gameplay between mid and night tiers. Being good at low-mid tiers does not make you especially good at high tiers.

Besides, WG already have something in place, it’s called experience. You need more XP for higher tier ships. Yes, people can free xp their way past, but if you consistently do that, you probably have money for repair bill as well.

And none of this stops the T8 premiums, which can usually cover their own repair bills.

Despite being sure this was a bait post, I still wasted time writing a response...well done.

261 posts
5,832 battles
11 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

YET players are afraid to get their spanking new Yamato dented. -_-

Not me, I love offering free BBQ on the deck of my Yamato. Every shot you fire at me while bow tanking is a shot you don’t fire at my allied cruises... now if only they would stop hiding and shoot something... Or If friendly BBs came forward and helped share the beating...

163 posts
7,907 battles
19 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

This line of thought never ceases to amaze me.  Random pvp groups or pugs, no matter what the game genre all have a random mix of skills and ages.  People always assume when playing a game that everyone else has the same expectations.

Late last year my sons wanted a turn of "Daddys warships" game.  I was slightly horrified at first, my stats I thought!  So I set them up on Steam with a different account.  That lasted one game.  It was pointed out that they only had little crappy ships, and Dad had like 100 big ships.

Calm I thought, coop and scenarios to the rescue.  That lasted a while.... but apparently can't play Yammy in scenarios, and neither game types had enough ships like random battles do.  Eventually I just caved.  They are having fun, one steers, one shoots.  Sometimes they argue and the ship ends up where it should't, or just drifting off because they found something else to do.  But mostly they laugh.  And that is perfectly OK 🙂

Not that it matter anymore as both are now addicted to Fortnite, and spending pocket money on vbucks.

590 posts
2,995 battles
25 minutes ago, Bitrot said:

This line of thought never ceases to amaze me.  Random pvp groups or pugs, no matter what the game genre all have a random mix of skills and ages.  People always assume when playing a game that everyone else has the same expectations.

Late last year my sons wanted a turn of "Daddys warships" game.  I was slightly horrified at first, my stats I thought!  So I set them up on Steam with a different account.  That lasted one game.  It was pointed out that they only had little crappy ships, and Dad had like 100 big ships.

Calm I thought, coop and scenarios to the rescue.  That lasted a while.... but apparently can't play Yammy in scenarios, and neither game types had enough ships like random battles do.  Eventually I just caved.  They are having fun, one steers, one shoots.  Sometimes they argue and the ship ends up where it should't, or just drifting off because they found something else to do.  But mostly they laugh.  And that is perfectly OK 🙂

Not that it matter anymore as both are now addicted to Fortnite, and spending pocket money on vbucks.

Parenting done right 😛

Your poor poor stats thou, and might explain some battles we've teamed up for lol

163 posts
7,907 battles

Thanks TC.  I feel like I had my LEGO movie moment .. you know when Will Ferrell is planning to glue the LEGO togeather.  Let it go ....

Now when I see these elitist comments, what I see is this salty person in a toyshop, desperately glueing their bricks together, whinging about how the others are using their bricks wrong and not following the instructions! 🙂

It's a game...

There is Clan Wars, Ranked, KOTS etc for the serious stuff.

590 posts
2,995 battles
2 minutes ago, Bitrot said:

Thanks TC.  I feel like I had my LEGO movie moment .. you know when Will Ferrell is planning to glue the LEGO togeather.  Let it go ....

Now when I see these elitist comments, what I see is this salty person in a toyshop, desperately glueing their bricks together, whinging about how the others are using their bricks wrong and not following the instructions! 🙂

It's a game...

There is Clan Wars, Ranked, KOTS etc for the serious stuff.

In all honesty, the moment i gave up caring about my stat's, wins, losses blah blah blah i started to find the fun again. 

But to the original op - changing the value of repair cost's isn't going to improve high end battles, to excuse the pun - that ship sailed long ago. 

245 posts
14,037 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Not me, I love offering free BBQ on the deck of my Yamato. Every shot you fire at me while bow tanking is a shot you don’t fire at my allied cruises... now if only they would stop hiding and shoot something... Or If friendly BBs came forward and helped share the beating...

I feel for you. The moment you realise that your tanking has gone to waste because your support mysteriously evaporated.

Reminds me of a game where a yamato covering our right flank was soaking up damage delaying an enemy advance to our base. My DM and a cleveland were defending our base and started to sail to his aid. He said: 'pull back' and I saw his plan to buy our left flank to cap. He went down fighting but bought time for cleve and I to pull back at range and start pelting HE at the enemy team. Enough time bought that half the advance turned back to defend their base while the two of us knew the objective was to just reset the cap that the GK, Zao and Hipper were trying for. We died defending but only the GK was left. Most importantly, we bought time for our 3 ships in the enemy cap.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
330 posts

I like the irony, it was this community that suggested to reduce their maintenance cost for tier 9-10 because everyone cried that it was too costly to play 2-3 years ago - and high tier games were scarce and deserted back then, but since now a lot more people can have access to tier 9-10 and they only play exclusively those tiers no matter they are good/bad/bot, perhaps it is time for WG to revise the cost again exclusively on random battles.

14 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Anyway, I have given up trying to educate them. Amongst ourselves, we share battle reports of stupidity.

you shouldn't start it at the first place, the majority of them don't want to learn, and if they eventually want to, there are already enough materials for them to work with.

Apart from bots - the majority of player base who cbb doing their own research, are people who just want to shoot stuff/enjoy sailing their ships after their abusive work/school hours.

The world needs universal standards because your standard does not represents everyone else but only yours (and people who agree with you)

Edited by spixys

245 posts
14,037 battles
9 minutes ago, spixys said:

Apart from bots

Please don't give real bots a bad name. The ingame bots play better than them. A friend pointed out they should be called scripted automated players. Because no self-respecting bot would consistently play that poorly.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
330 posts
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Please don't give real bots a bad name. The ingame bots play better than them. A friend pointed out they should be called scripted automated players. Because no self-respecting bot would consistently play that poorly.

Oh sorry, I never know there are PC/SJ issues about bots too, perhaps we need to love dead objects more then we do with actual scripted automated player now do we?

and by the way, care to explain the obvious difference between your performance against bots and human - I mean those your friend claimed as scripted automated player as majority? especially you state that I had gave a bad name to them, and you had claimed that ingame bots plays better than actual human where the majority of them are scripted automated player described by your friend

Edited by spixys