You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Well that's some Fair Dinkum BS right there...

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
638 posts
3,476 battles

Also Max i think if liked this , i bet someone whom you kill someone who hates you probably puts curse on you , thats why you get a TB flooding.

Beta Tester
668 posts
8,348 battles
40 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

Hmmm very SPOOKY.... 

Off topic :Oh you got Perth, a similar gameplay like Leander? 

Yeah. I'm still building a captain for her. Only got Vampire and Perth to train him up with.

So I have mostly done coop with her.

I'm actually liking her...? I say that as a question because most people seem to think she is a very "meh" ship?

I don't have IFHE on captain yet, only increased fire chance and maybe she will do a bit more damage with IFHE - I don't get big damage totals at the moment (except when I get some torp hits - she has single fire torp launcher too).

But, it is different to Leander because in Leander I am always looking to get hits on side of ships so I can get some citadels - with Perth you get HE shells as well, so you can just pick your ammo type as per any other ship - so you don't have to position yourself at the side of your target to do damage.

Leander of course must be stationary to smoke fire while Perth can creep at 1/4 throttle - all things I'm sure most people know. I have special smoke module and spotter plane module too - I haven't done much PvP with her so I don't know how effective creeping smoke is at confounding human players firing into smoke - bots just don't do it at all.

In short - she feels different to Leander.

I can't wait to get a proper captain on her and play some more PvP.

I have Australian bias though 😛 

Beta Tester
668 posts
8,348 battles
38 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Also Max i think if liked this , i bet someone whom you kill someone who hates you probably puts curse on you , thats why you get a TB flooding.

INVISIBLE TB flooding!!!!!

I thought Halloween was over!

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Mythical: Magic Torps

Science: Optical Stealth Torps that even Americans are yet to develop....

It's a glitch.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,945 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

how effective creeping smoke is at confounding human players firing into smoke

Human players almost never allow for the fact the smoke is a creeping one.

993 posts
7,415 battles
9 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

Off topic :Oh you got Perth, a similar gameplay like Leander? 

I got Perth from an Xmas container last year. So far I have taken her into a few coop and scenario battles.

Firing range is only 12.8km and she has choice of spotter plane or fighter plane. With the spotter, gun range is 15.4km.

With the spotter plane and hydro she can spot some enemies when you sitting in smoke and nobody spots for her.

Base detection is 10.4km, something like 8.8km with CE and camo. That’s quite sneaky.

Speed is OK at 32 knots, but there are a number of cruisers she will not be able to run away from.

She handles well with fast rudder shift and small turning circle.

She gets torps, smoke and hydro. No heal though and she has a low health pool.

Perth’s AP is weak, similar to Emerald’s. Leander’s AP is much better than Perth’s. But Perth has also HE, so she can do damage to angled targets or DD’s. HE/IFHE will often be the ammo of choice. To citadels broadside cruisers you have to be very close.

I’m not sure if moving in smoke is an advantage, overall. Sure, you can manoeuvre at 12.5 knotes, but how far will you get? On the other hand, the small smoke puffs are not good to cover teammates.

With hydro and HE she has potential as a DD hunter.

With HE and firing from smoke Perth can potentially do a fair bit of damage. Just make sure you smoke up where you have ships to shoot at.

Perth is a ship with low health, no heal, short gun range and smoke. You will have to plan your escape before you smoke, or you will die quickly when your smoke expires.

I would recommend SI captain skill and premium smoke, which gives Perth 4 smoke charges.

Because you really want CE and IFHE, you would need a 14 pointer. My captain is only 12 points, and don’t have IFHE.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
244 posts
12,807 battles

The old invisible torpedo through an island trick. Typical of the Bot chicanery with weird torp spreads and semi-homing torps.

You may enjoy the HuangHe which plays similarly to the Perth with the creeping smoke and short range guns although it has an extra 1km. It has surprisingly good AA, a torpedo reload booster and seems to have flatter shell arcs. Only three main turrets. I hated it when I first opened the Xmas container but now really enjoy it in Co-Op.

Edited by Razide

481 posts
7,598 battles

Have had this happen to me as well unfortunately. Many times. Worst thing is when the torpedo alarm is blaring and you cannot see any torps at all so you think you are ok...……. then BAM!

Experienced a different bug many times that the wakes and little red markers for torps don't show up until there is 100% no chance to dodge. Torpedo alarm is going off but I cannot actually see the torps to dodge them until it is too late. :Smile-angry:

Edited by HobartAWD