You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

In-battle Mishaps You've Experienced

9 comments in this topic

219 posts
2,670 battles

I actually have a thread similar to this one, but it's been dead for so long not even Kel'Thuzad can bring it back from the dead. So here we go:

A thread where you can post about shenanigans that happen in-battle. Whether they happen to you, someone else, your division mate, your teammate. Whether it was hilarious/heartbreaking/infuriating/awesome.

I'll start. I was in my Gallant, and it was near the end of the match (I was winning). I fired a salvo of 4 torpedoes from behind an island, single-firing all of them. 3 hit the island and only one got through. The Normandie manages to dodge them because he was turning to port while reversing, while a Z-23 was chugging along to his port side. Somehow, despite the Normandie spotting the torpedo, the Z-23 still manages to sail into that one torpedo, sinking the hapless T8 while I laugh myself off.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Had one about a week or so back.

I was in my Musashi and it was near the end of the match on the map Shatter. My team was losing - we were down on caps, points and ships. But it was still close enough that we could perhaps pull off a win if we took a cap and stayed alive for the clock to run down.

I was attempting to take B cap but was periously low on health after just finishing off a North Carolina that was trying to stop me from capping. After killing the NC it was even on ships. Enemy had a Gearing and 2 relatively high health cruisers. I can't recall what they were but I distinctly remember they had torpedoes - I think they were a Henri IV and Minotaur, though one of them could have been a Zao. My team had myself, another Gearing and a Zao, but the friendly Zao was too far out of position to be of any of help.

I knew where the enemy Gearing was, he had earlier smoked up in front of me and when I was duelling the NC. But I was more concerned about the two cruisers. My fear was that with my low health they would rush me from behind the nearby island and with point blank torps. And once I am down the game would more or less be over. :fish_panic:

And indeed the first cruiser charged out from behind the island. I knew I had only one chance to take him down otherwise I was doomed, so I took a shot. Got a citadel and took a big chunk of his health but it was not enough! He still had at least a quarter of his health remaining! It was all over for me! :fish_nerv:

But suddenly he exploded ... the enemy Gearing had torped him! But before I could relax the 2nd cruiser followed around the corner. :Smile_ohmy: But he couldn't launch torps because the first cruiser's corpse was protecting me! Plus he was forced to sail in a straight line to dodge the friendly Gearing's torps, which meant that he was still presenting a flat broadside when my guns reloaded. With some lucky dispersion and a couple of citadels later, he was sent to the bottom. :cap_fainting:

So in the span of about a minute, the enemy lost 2 ships with no losses of our own and were suddenly losing the game. With the friendly Gearing's help, we sunk the enemy Gearing and sealed the win. But I really felt sorry for the enemy Gearing. I can't imagine the enemy team being too happy with what happened, so I complimented him to balance out the numerous angry reports he surely would have received. :Smile_hiding:

219 posts
2,670 battles

@Thyaliad Friendly torpedo kills, especially of the accidental variety, are hilarious.

when I was grinding my way down the Emile Bertin towards the La Galissoniere, I had a battle in the Ring map. I went down the middle to hunt down destroyers. An Icarus appeared and started chasing me. Then a Fubuki appeared and tried to torp me, but since I had engaged torpedobeats, he missed me and hit the Icarus instead, sinking him :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by TD1

58 posts
7,189 battles

I was sailing in my Furutaka through a channel of islands with 2 fellow DD tagging along , we were just trying to scout the other end and might be do some sneak attack and turn back and hide with concealment and smoke, then round the island there it is a full health BB right in front of us broadside and I can see his guns turning to shoot, I just instinctively shoot the Torp off and 2 it with a " Detonantion "  and all 3 of us just speed into their base with every other of them unable to back track to defend and we cap for the win .. That battle had only a total of 3 ships sunk ( both side counted ) , actually that's the first time I ever seen a " detonation " on a BB with a torp

1 post
2,596 battles

Played T-61 in this game.

Gets into a 3-way crossfire against Fubuki, Jervis and Hatsuharu.
Fubuki and Jervis open fire first so I tried to escape but ran into an island.
Hatsuharu opened fire at my portside (big mistake, my guns were pointed at his direction)
Fubuki gets deleted by a nearby battleship that happened to pass by too

Proceeds to delete Hatsuharu while reversing and managed to escape XD

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,664 battles

Dont know what else to call it, it had to be a mishap.

Played a game with my Queen Elizabeth using HE whole game. This ship has 35% chance to cause fire.

I got 33 hits for the game and only started 1 damn fire.

Odds say I should have caused 11 fires.

1 fire from 33 hits is a mishap.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Had one yesterday. 

So I was in my Asashio, and was about to get killed by another DD. But my torps were up, so I launched them at an enemy Yamato some distance away just as I died. The torps ended up nowhere near the Yamato though, so I just quit the match.

After playing Kancolle for a bit I alt-tabbed back to WoWs and saw the Asashio match ended in a win, but that strangely enough I was complimented for that match. What? Why?

Apart from chasing off an enemy Harekaze and solo-capping shortly after I didn't think I had done anything note-worthy. So the results screen showed I had a Devastating Strike and It's Just a Flesh Wound Achievement. I wonder who my torps hit. Then I saw the detailed results screen - my torps had sunk the enemy CV... :cap_fainting: 

Edited by Thyaliad

219 posts
2,670 battles

I once had a moment I fondly remember.

After some time had passed during a Two Brothers game, I, in my Farragut, decided to pay a visit to the middle channel in order to see if anyone's daft enough to go there. Sure enough, there was. The kicker was that it was a Ryujo of all things (to his credit, he was accompanied by an Acasta). I torped the Ryujo, but someone else sunk it right before the torps hit him. Since I fired all of them, I was defenseless and on low health broadside-on to the Acasta, who finished me off. I did win the game though.