You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Is Anshan worth it just for FXP bonus?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,240 posts
9,366 battles

So I have read that it's on par with Gnevney and Fushun - each with their own particular quirks - whether that be deep water torps, rudder shift or smoke differences... BUT... they are all effectively gunboats...

If those differences are indeed minor and the FXP farm has some value...

Is Anshan worth it for the FXP grind/farm?

I WILL do Pan Asia at some stage too.

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

So I have read that it's on par with Gnevney and Fushun - each with their own particular quirks - whether that be deep water torps, rudder shift or smoke differences... BUT... they are all effectively gunboats...

If those differences are indeed minor and the FXP farm has some value...

Is Anshan worth it for the FXP grind/farm?

I WILL do Pan Asia at some stage too.

Are you devoted to grinding though. Because frankly if you want to farm FXP you have to be very dedicated and focused , not to mention spend a usd here and there for a few premium day time.

Most of the time you will spend grinding to stock up signals and camos and await premium days so you can unleash them.

Pretty long and monotomous no matter which ship you pick.

And oh yeah , the FXP bonus from Anshan camo is not worth it , there are camos that offer better and can be slapped on higher tier ship ( which inherently earn more exp which fexp scale on thanks to being higher tier ). If you want those 10k free exp + game , you better stock up on those rediculous camos and signals. Use them all at once instead of one by one.

If you have a premium tier 8 or so use them for the FXP grind or just any ship you feel being a boss in.

For example : knowing that i have 2 broken PoS ships musashi and missouri , ill wait for a free premium day , slap all bonus i can on them and grind like a mad man during that period. Pretty sure i can get 200k free exp from just one day.

Edited by legionary2099

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,744 battles

In one word, No.

I find her base xp lacking and if I want free xp then I will use the Operations with signals and all that good camo they give out.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
447 posts
15,486 battles

She is a fun ship at her tier but struggles when uptiered. Also the captain you'll use won't necessarily cross over too well with your higher tier Pan Asian DDs as Expert Marksman really is a must on the Anshan but not needed from Tier 7 and on in the Tech Tree line. As for Free XP bonus, it's not ideal for grinding it, as mentioned by others.

Super Tester
3,932 posts
4,204 battles

I've got the Anshan and Lo Yang.  In the current environment with the Pan Asian ships both are fun and Unique.   

Best fun is getting called a hacker when your torps sink a DD as the Anshan and Lo Yang have normal torps.  There seems to be a lot of players who don't know this.

[LBAS]
4,596 posts
26,047 battles

whats exactly u looking for?

DDs not easy to play

CL CA  . . . farmers

BBs best for anyone

DO you fear Detonation?

90% of my Detonation caused by playing DDs

Free EXP? Roma and Kii have special camo for that

shot-18_11_04_12_04.16-0829.thumb.jpg.87408d9bc95491423e0c0107aa7552a9.jpg

Beta Tester
1,240 posts
9,366 battles

Thanks all.

I was thinking of her because she is a tad over 20 AUD in the shop.

I just wondered if she might have been a small worthy investment in my chase towards 750k FXP.

I don't have/can't afford any of the higher tier ships that have specific FXP camo or whatever at this stage... but could have sprung for 20 bucks if Anshan was OK.

But I won't now.

Thanks for advice.

Beta Tester
630 posts
6,928 battles

Well the extra free xp is better than nothing if you are short of xp camos.  Don't forget that free xp is calculated after the normal xp calculations have been done - which means it scales multiplicatively with normal xp.

Having said that, Anshan is worth it because it's a great ship, it's the third best T6 DD (after T-61 and Fushun).  I personally just use Fushun, since it has better concealment and much better smoke.  It's a superb ship, and won't cost you anything.