You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Post Mortem

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
755 posts
8,558 battles

I thought we had this one in the bag. Sure, a tight bag that we only just squeezed into but I thought we were, none the less, contained snugly within said bag.

Wrong.

As my teammate yelled at me just as the game ended, I though I had backed out of cap while I was in my smoke watching that one torpedo plane and moving a wee small jiggle about inside my smoke  - just in case he tried a random drop into my smoke, but no, upon watching my last 30 seconds capture, I did not back out.

How did we lose?

They were ahead on our cap as I entered their cap. I had just killed a Kongo and an Acasta which cleared my way so I could actually cap at all. We had been behind for a while and I hadn't been able to get into cap.

Anyway, as I finally entered the enemy base, I told my remaining team what I was doing and asked them to reset the enemy cap.

They did so without loss. I could see there was one enemy BB in our base and the other two headed for me as soon as I started to cap - wise enough of course.

But when my team had reset THEIR cap so it was under my capping, I told them to pull back and just live - which they did.

Somehow their capping got in front of mine.

I'm guessing the last known position of the enemy CV was NOT it's position at the end of the game. I guess it had got into our base to cap - something I should have anticipated.

Thing is, I am dirty on myself because I was calling the shots and the team did as I asked... a rarity I think you will agree - but at that moment when I considered asking them to sacrifice themselves to YOLO the enemy's cap attempt... I hesitated and told them to back off.

That's what I get for weakness. I hear Odin snarling in anger at me...

(What ARE the multi-ship capping mechanics anyway?)

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

Their CV is also in the cap. So they are capping twice as fast.

IIRC up to 3 ships can progress a cap.

Edited by keskparane

145 posts
1,294 battles
12 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Yeah the enemy CV was probably in the cap. The more ships in the cap, the faster it caps, up to a limit of 3-4 ships I believe.

3 ships only can make the ship faster. if theres 5 people, then 2 others will still get ribbons and bonuses for being in the cap, but wont accelerate the cap progress as 3 people doing.

Edited by Labeat

316 posts
4,653 battles
1 hour ago, Labeat said:

3 ships only can make the ship faster. if theres 5 people, then 2 others will still get ribbons and bonuses for being in the cap, but wont accelerate the cap progress as 3 people doing.

Micheal Caine voice: "Not a lot of people know that."

tbh I wasn't sure if it went faster or not. I had a hunch that it did, but it's not like opportunities to test it out are all that common and I hadn't bothered to try and look it up.

One thing that does rile me sometimes is when BBs try to "help" by moving into the cap that you, as a DD, are capping. Much like the ship limit rules, the concept of cap resets does not seem to be widely known.

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles
15 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

One thing that does rile me sometimes is when BBs try to "help" by moving into the cap that you, as a DD, are capping. Much like the ship limit rules, the concept of cap resets does not seem to be widely known.

Cap can only be reset by hitting you just the amount of cap XP you earned. Other ships will still hold their points if not hit.

Thus, there is no negative impact of a bb pushing inside the cap.

Beta Tester
755 posts
8,558 battles

Yeah. Dammit. If I had thought about that CV I could have asked the team to contest cap a bit harder.

Lesson learned.

316 posts
4,653 battles
9 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Cap can only be reset by hitting you just the amount of cap XP you earned. Other ships will still hold their points if not hit.

Thus, there is no negative impact of a bb pushing inside the cap.

I did not know that either. Is this kind of info easily findable? Say I wanted to check how many ships can speed up the cap timer, what's the definitive source for that? (outside of asking people like you on the forums I mean)

2,221 posts
13,701 battles
1 hour ago, Rina_Pon said:

I did not know that either. Is this kind of info easily findable? Say I wanted to check how many ships can speed up the cap timer, what's the definitive source for that? (outside of asking people like you on the forums I mean)

Most stuff is easily findable at http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships however specific capping info does look a little sparse.

More info is also available in the training section https://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/guides/

The most detailed info on capping (that I could quickly find) is mentioned in this video

If an ally joins you, the capture rate increases by 50 percent.
However, once there are two other ships capturing the base, the rate won't increase if another ship joins you.

Edited by keskparane