You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

WoWS UI is the worst across the platform

25 comments in this topic

328 posts
4,094 battles

The small thing that this game need is UI improvements. I still struggle about it. Sometimes when I opened the settings, arsenal, or inventory. They're always sluggish. The consumable bind key are also a problem. They need some standard key binding. WG should also make the UI more friendly to newcomers. IMO the control tab in the setting are so messy. They looks more like a wall of text and unorganized. WGC are still a notable thing here. Whenever it manage an update, It always takes up like 90% of my laptop's performance. Rendering it very unresponsive. Heck even I can't open a MS software smoothly. And don't forget about the performance. It's quite crucial for the UI. Maybe, WG can add a setting where it will simplify the looks of the UI.

245 posts
347 battles

And thats why i dont have WGC....

1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

WGC are still a notable thing here. Whenever it manage an update, It always takes up like 90% of my laptop's performance.

Im playing on a laptop btw, i have 2 fan attached to my laptop and 1 external fan (for COOLING)

492 posts
7,669 battles

It's very laggy in port for me too even with a GTX 1080 Ti. I am getting very similar GPU clocks and temps in port screen as I do in battle. 

Well designed and optimised game right there. :cap_like:

353 posts
7,097 battles
5 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

It's very laggy in port for me too even with a GTX 1080 Ti. I am getting very similar GPU clocks and temps in port screen as I do in battle. 

Well designed and optimised game right there. :cap_like:

Port works GPU harder than in game for some stupid reason.

145 posts
1,309 battles

Kancolle?

WG : Nah.

Radar needs to work like Line of sight.

WG : Nope

Game needs better UI.

WG : Nope.

I want a shiratsuyu Premium Yuudachi, even without kancolle collab.

WG : *ignores*

We want some good rough seas in Random Battles. Or Night battle with Ship torch that will follow your aim / binocular views just like the gun follows.

WG : Nope.

**Some supertesters (maybe) or weird weird people with no life, who doesnt know how to play destroyers simply ULULULULULU around battleships and gets blapped for that and cries on WG's customer care**

WG : We will nerf BB AP so even if they goes through your entire body and kills all your crews and commander  and guns youre just immune to death. you can get devastated by UK dd ap angle but you cant with Montana's 12 overpens. 

DECISION LEVEL 100

Come on WG, learn to decide what game really needs first. you stay in smoke, sudden radar then battleship hits you because you were stopped. Radar rework needs to be first priority. and then there is UI that doesnt respond to anything. Everyone doesnt have 20x RTX PC like you guys have so please optimize the UI for us as well and stop with that historically + weirdly offensive AP nerf.

Thank you.

Edited by Labeat

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,491 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

Recently a lot of people have been trying to be sharkbait..

The cult is growing no doubt. Maybe it would be in our best interest to reference the shark as the founding father of trashtalkism.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
326 posts

I heard someone has been taking note of what we are saying in the forum.

I do wonder sometimes: where do they goes to.

Go figure.

Edited by spixys

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles

The Clan UI is the worst.

Sometimes i want to manage clan members or plan buildings for my Clan base and the UI just takes forever to load and are extremely unresponsive.

219 posts
1,058 battles

Don't you realise GPU tend to run harder in port. And yeah The UI isn't friendly, it take some time to load clan base, basically every section it take some time to load and the transition isnt smooth. But that doesn't matter much, i hope they focus on serious problems like reconsider the new Penetration system. 

Edited by waichung1823

70 posts
3,102 battles

Because of this UI problem, my game client  always crash when the game started. Hate the UI. :Smile-angry:
I hope the Developer will focus on this problem as soon as possible cause it's so annoying. 

Edited by Commander_GALEN

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,491 battles
1 hour ago, waichung1823 said:

Don't you realise GPU tend to run harder in port. And yeah The UI isn't friendly, it take some time to load clan base, basically every section it take some time to load and the transition isnt smooth. But that doesn't matter much, i hope they focus on serious problems like reconsider the new Penetration system. 

UI team is different than gameplay design/ balance / mechanic design team. So no problem telling them to do both ( they fall on different team ).

However , i would note that the UI team is wasting too much time on adding new UI features. Maybe it is time to rethink the priorities since some with the best PC specs are having trouble ( which say a lot about it ).

My trashy PC is old , so i cant really complaint about being slow.

2,222 posts
13,730 battles

Wait till you get 100+ ships in your port and you want to change a filter after ranked season ends. It is covered with slide up notifications for minutes while signals are removed. What other game anything do you have to leave and go do something else for a few minutes because you can't access a menu because of stupid worthless notifications?

353 posts
7,097 battles
7 hours ago, keskparane said:

Wait till you get 100+ ships in your port and you want to change a filter after ranked season ends. It is covered with slide up notifications for minutes while signals are removed. What other game anything do you have to leave and go do something else for a few minutes because you can't access a menu because of stupid worthless notifications?

Yeah im convinced its not right. There's no way the load in port should be that heavy!

Beta Tester
805 posts
8,707 battles

I have a new i5 on a Prime Z370 Asus board with 16 Gig RAM and a GTX1060.

The port interface doesn't make me feel like I have a new system.

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,526 battles

I rather ask wg to fix the critical error that everybody saying about Delete Pref.inf.

I rather ask WG plz stop sudden FPS Drop when i change ship.

1,028 posts
7,503 battles
On 11/3/2018 at 4:31 AM, mr_glitchy_R said:

Sometimes when I opened the settings, arsenal, or inventory. They're always sluggish.

I’m not sure if that was you, but I have seen that complaint before. It is not a general thing though, neither of those is sluggish on my computers which have fairly humble hardware.

I don’t have big complaints about the UI in setting, the biggest challenge is the amount of information. And the biggest challenge for new players would be to get the head around what all those settings do. On the other hand, new players can simply use defaults, they generally work OK. This could be improved, no question, but that means we all have to learn again where to find things. I hate it when Microsoft changes their menus with new releases and I cannot find stuff anymore.

About the high load to the system in port, I find that the game open but in port can bring my i5 based PC to a grinding halt. The game seems to require less processing power. I guess that is because the port is a fairly complex render? I guess they could put in a setting to reduce rendering in port, but if you have the game just sitting there, why not close it?

Regarding the in-game UI, they should not change the keys for certain consumable between ship. “T” may be smoke on one ship, “Repair” on another. They should stick to a particular key for a particular consumable on all ships and that should not be hard to implement.

353 posts
7,097 battles
2 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I’m not sure if that was you, but I have seen that complaint before. It is not a general thing though, neither of those is sluggish on my computers which have fairly humble hardware.

I don’t have big complaints about the UI in setting, the biggest challenge is the amount of information. And the biggest challenge for new players would be to get the head around what all those settings do. On the other hand, new players can simply use defaults, they generally work OK. This could be improved, no question, but that means we all have to learn again where to find things. I hate it when Microsoft changes their menus with new releases and I cannot find stuff anymore.

About the high load to the system in port, I find that the game open but in port can bring my i5 based PC to a grinding halt. The game seems to require less processing power. I guess that is because the port is a fairly complex render? I guess they could put in a setting to reduce rendering in port, but if you have the game just sitting there, why not close it?

Regarding the in-game UI, they should not change the keys for certain consumable between ship. “T” may be smoke on one ship, “Repair” on another. They should stick to a particular key for a particular consumable on all ships and that should not be hard to implement.

Once the port is rendered what else does the GPU have to do? Surely there is more rendering in game than in port? I have a GTX1080 and it shouldn't work hard at all in port yet my fans ramp up while sitting in port. 

67 posts
1,372 battles
On 11/4/2018 at 8:06 AM, dieselhead said:

Data Mining our GPU's when in port? It's a conspiracy!

GPUs are good for Bitcoin mining

245 posts
347 battles
On 11/3/2018 at 11:16 PM, 9mm1n said:

The Clan UI is the worst.

Sometimes i want to manage clan members or plan buildings for my Clan base and the UI just takes forever to load and are extremely unresponsive.

Im a World of Tanks player, and it takes like 20 second to load Clan Base UI. i have 1mbps internet speed lol

1,028 posts
7,503 battles
2 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Once the port is rendered what else does the GPU have to do? Surely there is more rendering in game than in port? I have a GTX1080 and it shouldn't work hard at all in port yet my fans ramp up while sitting in port. 

The port is not a still image, but a 3D landscape with hundreds or even thousands of objects, a fair few of them moving or animated.

67 posts
1,372 battles
3 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

The port is not a still image, but a 3D landscape with hundreds or even thousands of objects, a fair few of them moving or animated.

Correct, Port animation are not still images but the amount of animation, rapid changes and user inputs are far less than those in the battle though

353 posts
7,097 battles
50 minutes ago, tsuenwan said:

Correct, Port animation are not still images but the amount of animation, rapid changes and user inputs are far less than those in the battle though

Exactly, Ive never played any other game where the menu screen or port works a GPU so hard. It makes no sense to me. Wouldn't surprise me if WG were data mining while in port xD.