Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dawn_Hika

Bot CV matches on Co-op with no human CV

13 comments in this topic

19 posts
4,960 battles

So well, uh, can we just remove those? It makes brawling less fun, denying you of getting spotting ribbon and whatnot, and more importantly making the game time longer by making you chase them till the edge of the map just to sink them

Edited by Dawn_Hika

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

No we can't. That's when I get highest amount of XP just by spamming AA ships. And you are wrong, even with CVs it only needs at most 10 minutes. Plane kills produce highest amount of XP. If you can't take the advantage, your loss.

shot-18_10.31_23_27.55-0002.thumb.jpg.c85b1c27aeca4371d4b1119fae73bf31.jpg

Edited by icy_phoenix

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

I love having Bot CV's in Co-op matches.

Especially when I have a Full AA spec'd ship and captain build.

Nothing better than watching whole squadrons wiped from the sky before they even get near your ship......

[AE]
202 posts
9,515 battles

I get the frustration though. I posted about this once myself.

Carriers are so much more common in coop (most matches) that its perverse. Apparently, as I don't random, CVs are literally non-existent there.

Some have said that it gives you "practice" in dealing with CVs, but given that the carriers in coop play nothing at all like human carrier opponents, its a weak argument. Human players will swarm a single ship, and sink it in one strike. Bots not just attack numerous targets per "salvo", but as they get shot down, they don't "amass" again like a human, but just come piecemeal, and the fighters act independently, so there is no fighter support for their strike. They are significantly weaker than in randoms, and offer no real practice opportunity, other than dodging. As I said, they are in almost EVERY game. And that is shit. Same argument reference the "Fully specced AA builds". Surely people don't run them in randoms, because:

a) Carrier guys know which targets NOT to target, I am sure they don't make a beeline for the Neptune and Atlanta players yes?

b) You hardly see carriers, so the captain skills placed into AA seem wasted.

Same can be argued with Secondary builds. Most players know which ones NOT to get close to, so why commit commander skill points on something that rarely happens?

259 posts
5,829 battles
26 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I get the frustration though. I posted about this once myself.

Carriers are so much more common in coop (most matches) that its perverse. Apparently, as I don't random, CVs are literally non-existent there.

Some have said that it gives you "practice" in dealing with CVs, but given that the carriers in coop play nothing at all like human carrier opponents, its a weak argument. Human players will swarm a single ship, and sink it in one strike. Bots not just attack numerous targets per "salvo", but as they get shot down, they don't "amass" again like a human, but just come piecemeal, and the fighters act independently, so there is no fighter support for their strike. They are significantly weaker than in randoms, and offer no real practice opportunity, other than dodging. As I said, they are in almost EVERY game. And that is shit. Same argument reference the "Fully specced AA builds". Surely people don't run them in randoms, because:

a) Carrier guys know which targets NOT to target, I am sure they don't make a beeline for the Neptune and Atlanta players yes?

Same can be argued with Secondary builds. Most players know which ones NOT to get close to, so why commit commander skill points on something that rarely happens?

Yeah, I see similar problems. I play BBs a bit, so I get frustrated with lack of AA support. Once in Co-op, 3 ships left in game, me in Yamato, and the two CVs. Both bot. Enemy went for me obviously, there was little I could do but try to dodge, which isn’t that easy in something like Yamato, especially if you actually want to take shots at CV at same time.

Ally CV kept sending squads one by one directly at enemy CV. His strike squads would get shot down by fighters and AA. His fighters would get locked by enemy fighters in a constant duel. Yes, the enemy was acting the same way, but because he was targeting me, his strike squads didn’t have to contend with freshly launched fighters. Ally CV also didn’t keep enemy constantly spotted... not that this is unique to bots.

As a B.B. captain, I get used to not having AA support and being barely able to defend against strikes, but I expect the ally CV to be competent enough to mass strike and use fighters to protect strike squads, if not protecting me.

Realy, it just boils down to the current state of CVs. Unless you are full AA spec (and sometimes even if you are)you will get deleted by a CV without support from friendly CV.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
953 posts
5,654 battles

Because I play a lot of co-op these days (time management problems....kids) I tend to run AA builds and they work well.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts
58 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Same argument reference the "Fully specced AA builds". Surely people don't run them in randoms,

Whose says I play Randoms?.........

I Don't, and there are plenty of players just like me....

243 posts
14,020 battles

So. You want super unicum bot CVs to add more of a challenge? My experience is that bot cvs play better than half of the cv players out there. I would advice using the chance you get to learn how to torpedobeat and prepare yourself for random games where you will not get support. 

On the flip side, when you are playing a CV,  your tbs and dba seem to have a homing beacon placed on them so that their fighters can find you.

Coop is also a good point to start to learn how to salvage a match when you realise it is 1 v 5 after your team mysteriously imploded and when to realise it is a lost cause.

1 hour ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Whose says I play Randoms?.........

I Don't, and there are plenty of players just like me....

Lalalalala...

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles
8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

As I said, they are in almost EVERY game. And that is shit. Same argument reference the "Fully specced AA builds". Surely people don't run them in randoms, because:

You know nothing John Snow. All my ships are max AA built for random. It doesn't matter if I see CV rarely. I'll give them a challenge when I meet them.

Stop giving lame advice in forum. No one is stupid enough to build a secondary Missouri or DM or Minotaur.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,356 posts
8,888 battles

Eh I don't care either way. Remove them or keep them, I am find with either.

11 hours ago, Flemboy said:

They are significantly weaker than in randoms, and offer no real practice opportunity, other than dodging. As I said, they are in almost EVERY game. And that is shit. Same argument reference the "Fully specced AA builds". Surely people don't run them in randoms, because: 

You would be surprised how many players don't even how to do that. They will continue sailing in completely straight lines when bombers approach as if they just threw their hands up in the air yelling "I give up!".

And about AA builds, I run them even in Randoms. I see them like an umbrella. It is better to have one and not need it then to need it and not have one. You are free not to use them, but don't come crying that CVs are OP in those few games you see them because you, your team and their grandmothers are all running Fire Prevention or some other build that does jack all against planes.

Besides, you are missing out on one key element of AA builds. AA builds are not just to protect yourself, but also to protect your allies. Sure, as a CV I may not strike your Des Moine if I can help it, but I will strike your capping DD if I can get away with it. An AA ship behind an island near a cap can easily lockdown the entire airspace and make it extremely hard for an enemy CV to help their team near that area.

19 posts
4,960 battles
15 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

No we can't. That's when I get highest amount of XP just by spamming AA ships. And you are wrong, even with CVs it only needs at most 10 minutes. Plane kills produce highest amount of XP. If you can't take the advantage, your loss.

Well tbf I'm not complaining complaining about EXP gain or anything. I do coop just to complete the more annoying mission to complete in randoms because, well, I'm kinda bad at completing missions. And it would be nice if those can be done faster. Though idk how fast your team goes in crossing the map to get all those "at most 10 minutes" games.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles
4 hours ago, Dawn_Hika said:

Though idk how fast your team goes in crossing the map to get all those "at most 10 minutes" games.

Oh you will be surprised. But hey, I played over 3.4k coop. I know what I'm talking about. 😉

It doesn't go past 10.

Sign in to follow this