You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gazman4n

Should world of warships increase the damage of the torpedo

Should world of warships increase the damage of the torpedo   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should world of warships increase the damage of the torpedo

• Yes they should
    • No they should not
    • I dont know

13 comments in this topic

[BMRSF]
420 posts
1,221 battles

Damage? nope 

Range? for High tier torpedo? yes

Beta Tester
7 posts

You want a all ready boarder line OP thing to become more OP.... If anything they need a 50% damage reduction since they are fire and forget  with no skill needed. DDs can go undetected for a long time and pop up right near you and hit you with a full salvo of torps are you're dead. The AC bombers are the worst, torps showing up at the last second and you cannot avoid them. Torps are turning into the OP SPG from WoTs. When will these 1 shot and massively op mechanics be sorted out.

Sure it's fun being the one dealing out this game all at once but then look at the flip side of things. It's unbalanced and it's quit annoying to be on the receiving end of, and it especially annoying when it's mecanhics you cannot avoid half of the time. It also makes me and possibly other people not want to play which = less money for WG

So please can we go away from the op damage days from WoT . . .

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Torpedoes are nowhere near unavoidable.

[quote name=

How to minimize torpedo damage, a short guide:

Remember the phrase "ABC" to minimize damage:

• Always
  • Be
  • Cross (Perpendicular)

How to minimize torpedo damage, a longer guide:

Torpedoes are the deadliest weapons at close range and can easily turn the tide of an engagement if used correctly. However I've seen plenty of players unable to dodge torpedoes they should be able to dodge because of poor planning, lack of situational awareness, or a confusion on what to do. So let's think about this - Torpedoes work on surface area, the more area of your ship that is exposed to the enemy ship the more damage a torpedo salvo can do. Therefore the best way to minimize damage from an enemy torpedo spread is to point your bow or aft at their ship (or at the center of the plane wave). By doing so you are minimizing your surface area to the immediate threat and minimizing the damage from a torpedo salvo.
Which end to point at your enemy is also important: If you point your bow at the enemy, you are declaring an intent to engage and you will need to destroy them quickly because they might attempt to get parallel to you by turning into you as well. Only do this if you are sure you can kill him before he can launch torpedoes otherwise the close . If you point your aft at the enemy you force them to either attempt to catch up to you under fire or fire a torpedo salvo at your rear that is easy to dodge

But then I can't point all my guns at them!

Destroyers don't have much health and whatever guns you can swing onto it can normally deal enough damage to blow it up fast anyway. NEVER GO PARALLEL to a destroyer unless you want to eat every torpedo it has ready to launch. Even if they are going the 'opposite' direction you are and are "only going parallel for a short time" - NEVER DO IT UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE THEY ARE STILL RELOADING THEIR TORPEDOES. When in doubt, assume the worst.

But I can't turn as fast as they can!

Which is why you need to plan ahead on what you are going to do. You see that smoke screen to your left? Always assume their are 5 destroyers in it waiting for an unlucky cruiser or battleship to drift by. NEVER GO PARALLEL TO A SMOKE SCREEN. It's the best way to suddenly see fish in the water about 10 meters off the side of your ship and far too late to turn to deal with it. Also try to keep your maneuverability options open - stay away from keeping an island to one side of your ship, for example. If you can't turn left/right for a period of time because you'll hit rock you are a much easier target for torpedoes.

What about if their is more then one coming at me?

This is the hard part where you need to quickly analyse the situation. Let's say you have a destroyer 5 km to your 11 o' clock that is pointed at you a bomber wave at 4 km coming in from 3 o' clock. The best option here is turn INTO the bomber wave and AWAY from the destroyer (so trying to point your nose at the at the bomber wave). This is because the bomber wave is more agile than the destroyer and thus can easily maximize its ability to hit your sides. Also, this way you are moving away from the destroyer which has to spend time catching up to you and either fire torpedoes at your aft (a low damaging situation) or attempt to catch up and fire into your sides at a shallow angle (also a low damage situation that risks the destroyer)

In conclusion, the best way to deal with torpedeos is to be alert, plan ahead, and always be perpendicular to the threat.

Beta Tester
7 posts

You cannot dodge something that you cannot see. . . Many times they pop up and it's just too late. I've tried many times to dodge the close ones yet i all ways get hit by 1 or 2 and there goes half my health.

Try dodging a torp salvo that is dropped 2kms from you in a BB, good luck you're dead ( Even if you see them Torp bombers and point the BB towards them it's all ready too late ) World of Torps, it will turn out the major player base will use DDs and Cruisers due to torps and high movement speed. You will also see ( all ready am ) BB just sitting very far back to avoid all other ships all together.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

You cannot dodge something that you cannot see. . . Many times they pop up and it's just too late. I've tried many times to dodge the close ones yet i all ways get hit by 1 or 2 and there goes half my health.

Try dodging a torp salvo that is dropped 2kms from you in a BB, good luck you're dead ( Even if you see them Torp bombers and point the BB towards them it's all ready too late ) World of Torps, it will turn out the major player base will use DDs and Cruisers due to torps and high movement speed. You will also see ( all ready am ) BB just sitting very far back to avoid all other ships all together.

If you let a DD get 2km of your BB, you've either got:

1. Extremely poor situational awareness and ignored the DD (since most DDs are detectable up to 5+km out),

2. Have been sailing on the same course and speed for several minutes (which is how long it takes for a torpedo to travel to your BB when launching from undetected distance) 

3. Completely disregarded any minimap DD sightings and having poor awareness of where your primary threats are. 

4. Or worst of all, you drove next to or into a DD smoke cloud, letting them sit undetected while you come to them, like you're being served as main course at a meal.

Destroyer-launched torpedoes on their own are detectable anywhere between 2km to 4km out, plenty of time for most battleships to take evasive action and only be hit by minimal torpedoes, if they're hit at all. If the DD is using a wider spread, you can easily sail between the torpedo tracks by using the tactics I just posted, which I suspect you haven't really read.

Torpedo bombers are a lot trickier to manage, true, but good AA support and team coordination negates the worst of it. Hell, a Fuso on its own can blunt a torpedo bomber strike. and take minimal damage from it.

Edited by Syanda