Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

unique upgrade, one in a life time only?

7 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

i did get unique upgrade on shimakaze and try run with it a few match

.... I don't like it at all

with that slow tube traverse speed, I can't even made a properly torpedo wall

in tight spot, it's completely useless and unresponsive 

only usefulness I can think of is this mod is best for long lance spammer

stay away from front line and cheat program net (radar) and spam the long lance to reduce enemy sanity value or force them to turn to your torp and let your teammate citadel them

so I try to unmounted is and go back to use old torp mod... but I don't have doubloon to unmounted it

so I sell it off thinking, 'well, I already unlock it, I can't re-buy it anyway'

but no, it's gone for good

not that I regret selling or anything but it made me wonder

you made player go through all that hellish grinding to get that module to give them only 1 and no other way to re-acquire it in anyway?

It kinda waste if you ask me.

492 posts
7,661 battles

You need to be careful what you click on, but I agree they should not be able to be sold. 

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

I found the mod very useful. You can really boost your torp output.

Hint: when turret doesn't want to turn you turn your ship. Drop 'em while turning away in full speed.

[AE]
202 posts
9,500 battles

Your experience is not unusual. Watch Youtube for the recommended upgrades.

Noster and others literally state that there are about 5-6 that are worth it. (Minotaur, Hindenburg, Midway, Hakuwhatever, and a couple of US cruisers).  That it, rest give little improvement to make their handicaps worth it.

Of note, two of the good ones were the carriers ones, and these will arguably not even play a role with the new carrier mode.

WG stuffed this (again). Major complaint is that most are simply not good. All they had to offer was something that improved rates of fire or something else ie. small improvements across the board, with no nerfs.

Second complaint is the amount of time to get them. Getting these means most people who try for them will be playing NOTHING ELSE but these ships. By the time you get the upgrade, you are bored of the ship.

Also annoying

1,126 posts

welp, I'm not 'accidentally' sell it

I sell it partly because I thought I could 're-buy' it again since I grind through quest to unlock it

but.... hmm..... since it's official way, I'll give it a try

sometimes, I just want to sit back and enjoy spam 20km torp and this legendary mod is well suit it 😄

1,347 posts
8,872 battles
7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

WG stuffed this (again). Major complaint is that most are simply not good. All they had to offer was something that improved rates of fire or something else ie. small improvements across the board, with no nerfs. 

WG has said the Legendary upgrades are meant to be sidegrades that change the way the ships were played, not to be straight out upgrades. Hence the nerfs on them.

Sign in to follow this