You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Second Ranked Sprint

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,370 battles

It starts soon.

I'm expecting carriers and cruisers to be more effective in the 8v8 format.

I hope so anyway. I would like to mix in some cruiser play for my run.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,413 battles

Cruisers arent that good at mid low tiers due to their flimsy healthpool and short effective range.

In those situation most bb will do better.

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,370 battles
20 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Cruisers arent that good at mid low tiers due to their flimsy healthpool and short effective range.

In those situation most bb will do better.

You are probably right. Unless they had some kind of class limit.

I mean no more than 3 of each class other than carrier - but that won't happen.

Probably see a lot of 4 DD, 3 BB and a CV games... 

Shame, be nice to get cruisers into it. I might try anyway.

Considering buying a Murmansk... well, thinking about it.

My best ship in the first one was actually my Texas though.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,413 battles
1 minute ago, Max_Battle said:

You are probably right. Unless they had some kind of class limit.

I mean no more than 3 of each class other than carrier - but that won't happen.

Probably see a lot of 4 DD, 3 BB and a CV games... 

Shame, be nice to get cruisers into it. I might try anyway.

Considering buying a Murmansk... well, thinking about it.

My best ship in the first one was actually my Texas though.

Well , you shouldnt , murmansk is a buffed omaha. But it is still an Omaha , you can get citadelled through the nose by BB's HE.

At this tier , dd with 5.4km concealment is the king of the game. NOTHING BEAT THEM. Next are BB that are very accurate for this tier , like the October.

Im certain that with enough skill , a single 5.4km concealment dd can single carry a game with 6 kills. It happened before , and will be again.

On the bb side , you have very tanky nimble OP guilio cesare and the accurate October as very strong contender for a powerful artillery support ship.

Well , all of them are premiums , WG make cash again ...

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,370 battles
14 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Well , you shouldnt , murmansk is a buffed omaha. But it is still an Omaha , you can get citadelled through the nose by BB's HE.

At this tier , dd with 5.4km concealment is the king of the game. NOTHING BEAT THEM. Next are BB that are very accurate for this tier , like the October.

Im certain that with enough skill , a single 5.4km concealment dd can single carry a game with 6 kills. It happened before , and will be again.

On the bb side , you have very tanky nimble OP guilio cesare and the accurate October as very strong contender for a powerful artillery support ship.

Well , all of them are premiums , WG make cash again ...

Oh I hear what you are saying.

Play my Kamikaze R, Texas and Okt Rev. again 😛

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

If you have proper skill points in Omaha, you will melt every single t5 bb. You just need to be careful about Guilio and New York. I don't think October can even land shells anything beyond 15 km unless standing still or straight lining.

Also, low tier maps are full of medium height rocks. Perfect for us cl.

But then again, you have to be good at the ship.

1,480 posts

Yep, I love playing my Marblehead,  & I just burnt everything that came my way, & being nimble enough to scoot around the incoming shells & the DD torps is a plus.... 

I started late in the last ranked & got to rank 5 before it closed, & Marblehead/Lima is mainly all I played.... Except the odd times I played my Krazny Krym....

Like icy said, the biggest threat that i found was the Okt.Revolution, esp if you got close, & also Giulios, I found Texas & New Yorks relatively easy to deal with.... Konigs could be a bit of a pain... I loved setting all the Kongos on fire constantly, they seemed the easiest for me to sink...

The biggest challenge I found actually was trying to deal with other Omaha class ships, as usually they were as good as me..... Which made it enjoyable....

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[ZA]
156 posts
7,346 battles

People always overlook konigsberg. It has German 1/4 pen HE, good AP shell,  fantastic kiting turrets setup, good rate of fire. good fire range. So, even a 10 points captain can be very effective in her.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
10 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Hmm all good points.

If Marblehead worked, should Murmansk work even better?

Depends on your comfortable range. Marblehead provides slightly higher dpm (highest among Omaha class members), compensated by slightly shorter range.

Murmansk is Hull C Omaha, has shorter base range and fewer guns, but has spotter.

That's why I now prefer Omaha B over Murmansk or Marblehead. Better base range, slightly less dpm, all rounder.

You still need AR, DE, CE, IFHE and optionally (SE +EL)/RDFfor rank builds. She is the fire starter machine.

As @sunlo2013 mentioned, Konigsberg is probably the best cruiser option if your captain is poor. Dank AP, dank HE, dank dpm and range. Problem is, turret layout forces you to stay at a kiting position. Just needs HE and CE to be effective.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,370 battles
4 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Depends on your comfortable range. Marblehead provides slightly higher dpm (highest among Omaha class members), compensated by slightly shorter range.

Murmansk is Hull C Omaha, has shorter base range and fewer guns, but has spotter.

That's why I now prefer Omaha B over Murmansk or Marblehead. Better base range, slightly less dpm, all rounder.

You still need AR, DE, CE, IFHE and optionally (SE +EL)/RDFfor rank builds. She is the fire starter machine.

As @sunlo2013 mentioned, Konigsberg is probably the best cruiser option if your captain is poor. Dank AP, dank HE, dank dpm and range. Problem is, turret layout forces you to stay at a kiting position. Just needs HE and CE to be effective.

I love Konigsberg. Just don't have a good captain for her.

I watched a Jolly Wong/Yuro/whoever vid on his Omaha burner... so yeah... B hull Firestarter...

Again, no specced captain.

I seriously think I need to focus on a smaller number of ships/captains. I like a little taste of everything but then when some focus is required, I don't have the edge.

It's the same with all games for me.

"OK, I'll play a tank, I'll be a... PALADIN!"

*Tanks for a while*

"HEY WHAT'S THAT SPELL!? THAT LOOKS COOL!!!"

*Abandons Paladin, makes wizard*

And so on...

[ZA]
156 posts
7,346 battles
52 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Problem is, turret layout forces you to stay at a kiting position. Just needs HE and CE to be effective.

Well, yes the gun layout favor kitting position, but I can still wriggle my way forward because the gun angle of back turrets are really good and if I remember correctly 360 degree turning turrets. However, just like any other cruiser charge forward, you will always have a escape plan in mind, whether it is island terrain. Or whatever can block line of sight from BB. Remember, never ever give broadside while spotted. 

If you are in trouble, find a closest island duck in and then turn away. If no island around, sometime stop shooting will do the trick to disengage.  

Edited by sunlo2013

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,370 battles
3 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

Well, yes the gun layout favor kitting position, but I can still wriggle my way forward because the gun angle of back turrets are really good and if I remember correctly 360 degree turning turrets. However, just like any other cruiser charge forward, you will always have a escape plan in mind, whether it is island terrain. Or whatever can block line of sight from BB. Remember, never ever give broadside while spotted. 

If you are in trouble, find a closest island duck in and then turn away. If no island around, sometime stop shooting will do the trick to disengage.  

Love those 360 degree turrets.

315 posts
4,634 battles

I'm starting to take more interest in Ranked. It seems to attract more veteran players - so there's more team play - and the single tier format is a good opportunity to see what T5 ships can do without being forever stuck in T7 MM like in Randoms.

My only T5s in port are Texas and Furutaka, and since CVs are rare that leaves Furutaka as my weapon of choice. Oddly I have yet to meet another Furutaka. Everyone seems to be sailing Kirovs, or Emile. Shrugs.

In a couple of games, I came second on my team on a win and first on a loss. In my opinion Furutaka is a strong cruiser for the format. She was always a strong T5 cruiser, but I find her especially well-suited to the fast paced, team oriented, aggressive domination format of Ranked. Unlike the HE spamming paper cruisers and glass cannons, Furu-chan can get much closer to the center of action where she can protect DDs by spotting/chasing off advancing enemy ships and even cap if the opportunity arises.

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,370 battles
3 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I'm starting to take more interest in Ranked. It seems to attract more veteran players - so there's more team play - and the single tier format is a good opportunity to see what T5 ships can do without being forever stuck in T7 MM like in Randoms.

My only T5s in port are Texas and Furutaka, and since CVs are rare that leaves Furutaka as my weapon of choice. Oddly I have yet to meet another Furutaka. Everyone seems to be sailing Kirovs, or Emile. Shrugs.

In a couple of games, I came second on my team on a win and first on a loss. In my opinion Furutaka is a strong cruiser for the format. She was always a strong T5 cruiser, but I find her especially well-suited to the fast paced, team oriented, aggressive domination format of Ranked. Unlike the HE spamming paper cruisers and glass cannons, Furu-chan can get much closer to the center of action where she can protect DDs by spotting/chasing off advancing enemy ships and even cap if the opportunity arises.

I've only had a couple games so far in the second ranked sprint but I have seen a few Furry Tacos.

I've only used my Kamikaze R so far and so far cruisers haven't really been a threat to me.

My greatest threats are Greymanskis and Nicholases.

315 posts
4,634 battles
9 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I've only had a couple games so far in the second ranked sprint but I have seen a few Furry Tacos.

I've only used my Kamikaze R so far and so far cruisers haven't really been a threat to me.

My greatest threats are Greymanskis and Nicholases.

Nicholas is a strong tech tree choice and a natural Kamikaze counter.

Come to think of it, I might re-buy it and let my Sims captain in on the fun.

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,370 battles
4 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Nicholas is a strong tech tree choice and a natural Kamikaze counter.

Come to think of it, I might re-buy it and let my Sims captain in on the fun.

For sure.

I was kept out of cap by a DD gunboat with RDF. Was nothing I could do one on one. He was too good.

He could see exactly where I was coming from and had his guns ready the moment I appeared.

Lost that game.

Mind you, the rest of my team had already melted...

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,495 battles

I'm holding off a bit this time so I can div with my clan... Will probably take me a lot more games than my 17 last time...

But it's not just that, 8v8 means it's far harder to carry...

[ZA]
156 posts
7,346 battles
20 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

I'm holding off a bit this time so I can div with my clan... Will probably take me a lot more games than my 17 last time...

But it's not just that, 8v8 means it's far harder to carry...

Yup and the queue time will be a lot longer as well, I personally prefer 6v6.

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,495 battles
50 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

Yup and the queue time will be a lot longer as well, I personally prefer 6v6.

Definitely agree!!!

[ZA]
156 posts
7,346 battles

Ranked out sprint #2 in NA server, their MM is pretty quick all hours, probably due to large player base. So, I played 16 solo games to ranked out only lose 2 with 88% win rate. Also got 3 random clan invitation along the way. 

Pretty enjoyable experience indeed.

2018-11-04 02_03_29-《戰艦世界》.jpg

2018-11-04 02_04_34-《戰艦世界》.jpg

2018-11-04 02_19_23-《戰艦世界》.jpg

2018-11-04 02_19_56-《戰艦世界》.jpg

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,418 battles

This second sprint has been a huge pain, first sprint easy peasy, and actually fun /gasp

This one, OMG, I've seen BOTS that run into an island reverse run back into it reverse, every now and then shoot their guns into the island, reverse... lol ALL GAME, if I thought it would see them get banned I'd report them but you never see report results so I have to assume they don't actual do anything.

Anyway the first one was fun this second one is SO PAINFUL, I play bad sometimes but OMG :) Some people, anyway I guess I'm no orphan with this crap :) I still don't know why I play this, the rewards suck and its not fun so.... I must be addicted, hmm anyone want to join a class action for companies that sell addictive stuff? :)

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,370 battles
15 hours ago, Soloun said:

I must be addicted, hmm anyone want to join a class action for companies that sell addictive stuff? 🙂

I'll be right with you...

...riiiiight after I just get ONE more skill pick on this captain I've been grinding...

...gimme sec...