You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Kronstadt or Musashi?

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
741 posts
8,484 battles

I'm getting close now.

I have Russian Alex. I could start building him up on my Lenin.

I have read up on both ships. I guess I'm more interested in a credit earner.

I have practically no Russian ships at all and no IJN BBs. (But some investment in each tech trees).

I'm guessing captain skills for Russian DD CA overlap which leans me towards Alex/Kron.

I know the answer is probably "whatever you are best at" and in that case I would lean to Kron.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,110 battles
9 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Neither imo, wait for Alaska, assuming it's a Free XP ship.

That's the thing.  No one knows what it will be.  FXP, Coal, Steel. Reward.  WHo knows?

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
396 posts
14,960 battles
42 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

That's the thing.  No one knows what it will be.  FXP, Coal, Steel. Reward.  WHo knows?

No way to know, we're really just speculating based on previous Tier IX Premiums which have all been Free XP ships in the past.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,110 battles
9 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Alaska? Jean Bart? Whatever it might be, I am back to 750k again... And that's after getting Missouri/Musashi/Kronshtadt/Nelson 😄

fxp.JPG.29f85b1645b8bda95b98aac066476c01.JPG

Another 30K FXP and I'm ready as well. 

1,011 posts
7,459 battles

I personally don’t like either much, but I have not played them much and I don’t play many T9 ships, so take that as my personal opinion.

Kronshtadt “feels” more like a fast battleship, but her 305mm main guns and armour feel like cuiser in T9 or T10 games.

Kronshtadt at T9 has some similarities with Scharnhorst at T7 (small callibre guns compared to other BB), Graf speed (large calibre guns compared to other cruisers) or Kongo at T5 (faster but weaker armour compared to other BB’s).

Personally I prefer scenarios for making credits. I’m also not too sure if there is a notable difference as a credit earner, comparing a premium and a similar tech tree ship with a permanent camo.

I’m very low on credits now, my 60 million credits melted after unlocking Dmitri Domskoi and RN DD’s up to T9 recently.

318 posts
6,862 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Alaska? Jean Bart? Whatever it might be, I am back to 750k again... And that's after getting Missouri/Musashi/Kronshtadt/Nelson 😄

fxp.JPG.29f85b1645b8bda95b98aac066476c01.JPG

1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Another 30K FXP and I'm ready as well. 

Untitled1.png.850b3e78a8eb2d815d6c3f5b3cc77dc0.png

I'm trying to hedge my bets for Jean Bart. Hope I've got enough. If it goes for steel ill be very sad.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles
14 hours ago, noob_DD_mother_BOOM said:

Kron is worth playing but not as op as Musashi in T9

Kronshtadt has a nearly 3% higher win rate than Musashi.  They're both pretty OP though, just Kronk is more so.

To the OP, if your only concern is credits, Musashi will do more damage, and thus earn more credits.  Kronk will win more, but winning doesn't affect credit income.

Having said that, Musashi is incredibly boring to play, and Kronk is great fun.  That's subjective of course, but imo there is no contest between the two.  I've got 2.4m free xp, and would never even consider buying the Musashi, since I have no desire to play such a static ship.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

I would not take the Krons though. It certainly can strongarm anything smaller than itself if not for the server hype for 460mm Emperor super punch. The server BB population is still large , and those with 16 inches + have no problem forcing you into your rightful place. It is , like similar ships , is a specialized bully. You face anyone else and you are toasted.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
22 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Why not both.

Like Fonzie said when he had a date with the Hoopla Twins-

Heyyyy, Twice the fun.

[AUSRP]
[AUSRP]
17 posts
6,714 battles
On 10/31/2018 at 12:55 AM, icy_phoenix said:

Unlock moskva and buy permanent camo. There, better than both of these 😄

Not true , Moskva makes no where near Credits that Krons and Musashi makes 

1,340 posts
8,832 battles
On 10/29/2018 at 6:36 PM, Max_Battle said:

I'm guessing captain skills for Russian DD CA overlap which leans me towards Alex/Kron.

Actually the DD and CL skills don't really overlap with the Kron.

The Russian cruisers, with the exception of Moskva and maybe the Domskoi, need IFHE if you want to unlock their full potential. The Kron doesn't. 

And the DDs, being gunboats, also need skills like AFT, BFT, SE, DE, etc to shine, while Kron doesn't really need those. AFT can be useful, though Kron's AA is not very good to begin with.

My suggestion would be to wait for Alaska, Jean Bart, and that upcoming T10 French BB before making a decision.

But if you absolutely must buy one of the two, my suggestion would be Musashi.

Imo the Musashi can be quite OP. Also, since the Musashi plays similar to Yamato, you can use the Musashi as a sort of test drive to see if you like the Yamato playstyle. If you don't, then you can save your time and effort by not grinding up the IJN BB line, or just stopping at Amagi at the most.

Edited by Thyaliad