You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waichung1823

Is Aigle worth 50K coal?

10 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

Not really , the ship is very quirky , and not really representative of dd gameplay.

It has a little bit of RU and US dd gameplay while arming with strong torps from IJN dd. However , it is severely hampered by poor shell velocity , terrible gun arc and large size. This is a dd that punish mistakes very hard.

Shinonome would be a better balanced choice.

Edited by legionary2099

315 posts
4,631 battles

I've only played a couple of games. Main perk: the ship looks really cool.

It's kinda weird. Something of a cruiser-dd hybrid maybe. You can really hammer enemy DDs with your guns and the torps are decent too. Flipside you get cruiser handling and turret firing arcs from hell.

It's a great support DD, getting in close but not too close and leave spotting & capping to the other DD. Kill whatever they spot.

Worth it? I don't put any particular value on coal so I can't comment, it's just yet another chit WG hands out. I don't regret getting it, if that's what you're asking.

Edited by Rina_Pon

991 posts
7,403 battles
11 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

As the title said, do you think it is worth for 50K coal? I m not a DD player anyway, but love to collect ships. 

Probably other pointed it out already, Aigle has good concealment, good health pool, good HE, fast reload and hard-hitting torps. Gun arcs are odd, may be useful if you sit in smoke and can turn broadside to your target. Out of smoke you can never bring all your guns to bear. Slow shell speed means high arcs. Aigle is also a fairly large target and turns relatively slow. I had a few good battles in her, basically dropping smoke in the path of a BB, peppering it with HE until it had to use damage control and then hit it with torps.

From a collectors point of view, there are at this stage only two French DD’s, Aigle and Le Terrible. Aigle is a fairly unique ship, so there is collectors value.

Aigle would be an opportunity to start training French DD captains now, just a question of time until the French tech-tree is expanded. It is a T6, so you can probably grind command XP fairly quickly in operations.

If this is worth the coal for *you*, you have to decide yourself.

Ask yourself if you are happy with a T6 French DD now, or if you maybe want to keep saving to get your hands on Salem or Musashi?

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,223 battles
6 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The real question, was Aigle worth all those missions earlier in the year... Probably not, but I did It anyway.

Same, I haven't played it since.