Miku_Izayoii

Any BB newbie friendly line?

25 comments in this topic

5 posts
70 battles

Hello i'm new to game and currently on the T5 british Cruiser Emerald, i want to play BBs any line recommended? I want a BB that can hit hard, mid range battles and a mediocre dispersion

5 posts
70 battles
3 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

from T3 to T4 no special

T5 to T7 every nation have their own gimmick

try all of them :Smile_child:

Wait...im not a hardcore player...i only can play every weekends cause of work...

43 posts
2,377 battles
16 minutes ago, Miku_Izayoii said:

I'm curious why?

Hit hard: like you said 16 guns, 

Midrange: you have spoodbeast so you can dictate the range 

Mediocre dispersion: well, depends

603 posts
7,589 battles
29 minutes ago, Dendi_Superman said:

Lyon have no speed boost ,only Richlieu onwards have

5 posts
70 battles
36 minutes ago, Dendi_Superman said:

How about british BBs?

43 posts
2,377 battles
1 hour ago, Miku_Izayoii said:

How about british BBs?

British BBs are also newb friendly. You can HE spam pathetic mortal botes to death or print new ship (high tiers only) . But if you really wanna learn play the OG BBs jap and usa

310 posts
4,065 battles
8 hours ago, Miku_Izayoii said:

Hello i'm new to game and currently on the T5 british Cruiser Emerald, i want to play BBs any line recommended? I want a BB that can hit hard, mid range battles and a mediocre dispersion

You can try US and Japanese BB. They are the first BB line in the game and they have classic gameplay. Actually you should hear your own choice. Because every ships has their own traits.

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
On 10/28/2018 at 8:10 PM, Miku_Izayoii said:

I want a BB that can hit hard, mid range battles and a mediocre dispersion

I also would say KM = German. Dispersion of German guns isn’t very good (to say the least) but generally you play them at shorter ranges.

For a beginner, the KM would have a fairly forgiving armour scheme and KM may not be the fastest but is never the slowest.

The lower tier BB are quite similar over all lines, similar speed and gun layout. From T5, you will notice differences and there may be particular ships you like or dislike. Many BB lines have interesting changes happen around T5.

After KM, I guess I would recommend French or IJN. Both have good guns, French battleships are generally fast.

But that’s purely personal preference. Very difficult to say for anyone what you will like or dislike.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,137 battles

Analysis:

Japanese:Most accurate guns(Smallest dispersion circle) Con:AA not so good.

German:Best defense(The hardest to be citadeled) Con:Poor torp defense and accuracy.

US:Best AA.   Con:Poor accuracy.

UK:Best HE.   Con:AP not very effective against BB.

Frence:Fastest shell.

I would recommend Japanese or German.

[TF44]
22 posts
8,284 battles

Miku,

I would suggest the French line. MM BB are not the best at anything however the ships are forgiving (Armour scheme works and can brawl 1 ship) , have some speed (Which increases your options as the battle progresses) and have comfortable gunnery (Shell arc and lead).

You asked about the British line. RN BB are a valid option however like their USN cousins, they are slow. This means you have to plan to position yourself in the early stages of the battle. Otherwise the ships are well rounded.

I have found that:

• IJN ships are the least forgiving;
  • The KM BB dispersion drives me a bit nutty especially as you progress up the tiers;
  • The USN Wyoming and New York were a bit of a chore to grind; and
  • I have most enjoyed grinding the RN line.

Remember that you are always able to play BB from multiple nations.

Enjoy your battles in BB,

Cheers

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,137 battles
3 小時前,Dendi_Superman 說:

I thought the US had quite good accuracy. 

Maximum dispersion circle is the biggest and can't mount accuracy upgrade until T9.

Sigma is OK(Except Wyoming and New Mexico),so it depends more on luck.

43 posts
2,377 battles
2 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Maximum dispersion circle is the biggest and can't mount accuracy upgrade until T9.

Ahhhhhh, cuz I keep hearing about NC's scary accuracy, I myself only have the new mex

[TF44]
22 posts
8,284 battles
9 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

I was interested in this statement as I remember the USN BB having reasonable accuracy, It has been a while since I played many of the USN BB, so I decided to crunch some numbers.

The shell target area forms an ellipse. An ellipse is defined by two variables which WoWS labels Horizontal Dispersion (The smaller of the two axis) and Vertical Dispersion.

Horizontal Dispersion is linear with range.

Vertical Dispersion is a bit more dynamic. At minimum range, vertical dispersion is proportionately (compared to Horizontal Dispersion) greatest due to the flat trajectory of the shell. The target ellipse is elongated. As range increases, Vertical dispersion increases but at reduced rate as the shell arc increases. The target ellipse becomes rounder.

Sigma is a variable which indicates how close to the centre of the ellipse shells will land in a series of salvos.

The Krupp variable provides the penetration value of the shell fired.

There are plenty of threads and resources which explain these variables in greater depth.

To keep things simple WoWS provides Horizontal Dispersion at Maximum Range. As maximum range is very variable between individual ships, the horizontal dispersion value is not much use. The easiest way to make the value meaningful is to find the Horizontal Dispersion at a nominated range. I used 15KM.

Tier 3: USN 213m;   RN 230m;   MN 234m;   KM 238m;   IJN 246m

Tier 4: MN 209m;   USN 212m;   KM 215m;   IJN 217m;   RN 223m

Tier 5: IJN 184m;   MN 206m;   USN 220m;   RN 223m;   KM 227m

Tier 6: IJN 171m;   MN 202m;   RN 203m;   USN 226m;   KM 237m

Tier 7: IJN 169m;   USN 202m;   KM 217m;   RN 219m;   MN 220m

Tier 8: IJN 188m;   USN 192m;   MN 204m;   RN 205m;   KM 212m

These figures give an accurate comparison of Horizontal Dispersion between ships by Nation and Tier. As discussed above, it is one variable in the series of variables that dictate Gun accuracy.

Edited by Taipan17

[TF44]
22 posts
8,284 battles

A thought about the benefit of Aiming Systems Modification 1. Taking a broad average of 200m horizontal dispersion, it gives a 14m reduction. Not exactly something to turn handstands over.

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles
13 hours ago, Dendi_Superman said:

I thought the US had quite good accuracy. 

6 hours ago, Dendi_Superman said:

Ahhhhhh, cuz I keep hearing about NC's scary accuracy, I myself only have the new mex

Ithink again :cap_book:

On 9/18/2018 at 11:46 AM, MatterCore said:

Sigma :fish_book:

Hide contents

IJNWows_flag_Japan.png

Tier Ship Sigma
2 Mikasa 1.8
3 Kawachi 1.8
4 Myogi 2.0
4 Ishizuchi 2.0
5 Kongo 1.8

Fuso

Mutsu

Nagato

Ashitaka

Amagi

Kii

Izumo

Musashi

X

?

Yamato

B-65

?

USNWows_flag_USA.png

Tier Ship Sigma
3 South Carolina 1.9
4 Wyoming 1.5
4 Arkansas Beta 1.5
5 New York 1.8
5 Texas 1.8
6 New Mexico 1.5

Arizona

West Virginia

7 Colorado A 1.9
7 Colorado B 2.0

North Carolina

Alabama

Massachusetts

Iowa

Missouri

X

Montana

Alaska

KM   Wows_flag_Germany.png

Tier Ship Sigma
3 Nassau 1.8
3 König Albert 1.8
4 Kaiser 1.8
5 König 1.8

Bayern

Prinz Eitel Friedrich

7 Gneisenau 1.8
7 Scharnhorst 2.0
8 Bismarck 1.8
8 Tirpitz 1.8
9 Friedrich der Große 1.8

X

Großer Kurfürst

Admiral Graf Spee

RN   Wows_flag_UK.png

Tier Ship Sigma

X

Bellerophon

Dreadnought

Orion

Iron Duke

Queen Elizabeth

Warspite

King George V

Duke of York

Hood

Nelson

Monarch

Vanguard

Lion(406/419)

Thunderer

Conqueror(419/457)

1.8/1.8

x.x

1.8/2.0

RM   Wows_flag_Italy.png

Tier Ship Sigma

Giulio Cesare

Roma

VMF Wows_flag_Russian_Empire_and_USSR.png

Tier Ship Sigma

X

Imperator Nikolai I

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya

Kronshtadt

Stalingrad

MN  Wows_flag_France.png

Tier Ship Sigma

X

X

Turenne

Courbet

Bretagne

Normandie

Dunkerque

Lyon

Richelieu

Gascogne

Alsace

Jean Bart

Republique

Bourgogne

159 posts
5,684 battles

personally I'd recommend the French line, its a decent all round line, they aren't brawlers like the Germans but the can get in close which other lines don't do so well, but unlike the Germans they can also do quite well at range like the more conventional lines. the UK line is quite beginner friendly because you can spam HE but it gets boring after a while, and never really gives you the opportunity to learn decent BB play because you can spam your way to T10 pretty easily. The french line is definitely the one I've had the most fun playing.

198 posts
1,024 battles

I dont have long experience as above players. But would like to share about USN and RM BB line. 

The grinding for USN BB is depends you like to brawl or not. It can be painful for slow speed(Until Tier 7), but you enjoy the decent torpedo protection and heavy armour (until tier 7) 

You will struggle the slow speed and unable to keep up with your teammates in battle until tier 7. USN BB has standard 21 knots from Tier 4- Tier 7, which require preplanning and you can't stop at any time or else you will be left out from battle. My favourite USN BB brawler is New Mexico, it has 12 guns, well protected armour and decent topedo protection. Despite it has the lowest sigma, yet i still get more Citadel Hit lol. Also you enjoy super Heavy AP shells 406mm in Colorado. Not to mention, USN BB has good AA protection starting from New Mexico. 

Meanwhile in RN BB, it has poor torpedo protection, fragile armour and short fuse AP. But it has submerged citadel which make it harder to be citadeled, not impossible but extremely rare. Short Fuse AP struggle to deal damage to battleship, but no issue on wiping cruisers. And also you enjoy the high fire chance HE. BURN BURN BURN! I guess i m the only player that fire AP in RN BB until KGV. I dislike spamming HE gameplay, but its fun to see to burn BB down. MY favourite RN BB is QE, it has good AA (even better than New Mex) and big guns. I heard ORION is a OP ship in Tier 4. 

I have not play other nation BB. But  I personally prefer USN BB for better gameplay compare to RN. It teaches you how to angle well and how to land AP shells properly. Meanwhile, in RN BB, basically you just SPAM HE and watch other burn till death

Edited by waichung1823