You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
exius48

Improve Collision warnings?

Early Sound warnings  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Agree or Disagree on the Sounds warnings?

• Yes
    • NO

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
58 posts
33 battles

OK....Here's my problem, I sometimes collide with islands...END.

We all know that when were about to collide on an island a orange arrow  a will show up on the screen,

but on the heat of battle I find hard to notice that warning until the siren screams then is to late. In my opinion

the siren should turn on more early because in my case its easier to notice sound warnings when I am aiming

onto something. (BBs, the feeling of being stuck and then torps are coming!!!!)

Beta Tester
60 posts
561 battles

Maybe a little more situational awareness training of your surroundings could help you? It sounds like you deserve to collide. xD

Super Tester
218 posts
2,157 battles

Warnings are useless at the moment because when they warn you, it's too late to do anything.

So yes the warning time should be increased.

And Boo to the guy who says you need more situational awareness, this is Beta, we are testing things out, observing that collision warnings are too late is what we are suppose to report.

Beta Tester
37 posts
17 battles

I have to say I pay not attention to the warning signals what so ever, and I have only been beached twice since I started playing. Knowing what is around you and checking your mini map during battle is a very important skill. I am always looking around during reloads and I check my mini-map, if I see my arrow heading towards an island I check it, if i can make it past no problems back to the enemy if not start turning. They warning alarm is just excess noise, would prefer collision warning when you are about to be rammed by your own team -_-

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Warnings are useless at the moment because when they warn you, it's too late to do anything.

So yes the warning time should be increased.

And Boo to the guy who says you need more situational awareness, this is Beta, we are testing things out, observing that collision warnings are too late is what we are suppose to report.

Its generally too late to react to the siren if youve somehow managed to steam directly at an island without noticing it, but the initial  alert on the edge of the minimap pops up with more than enough time to react.

Solution: stop steaming directly at islands and look at your minimap more frequently.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Maybe a little more situational awareness training of your surroundings could help you? It sounds like you deserve to collide. xD

since you are not in the game as yet, it would be better of you to read what people have to say, instead of sprouting off what ever comes to your mind at the time. The OP is in fact correct and you are doing nothing more then trolling

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

wait until they make voice of each country, I can suggest using voices to warn Collision and Torpedoes warning

Alpha Tester
265 posts

I have no problem with the current warning.

There is plenty of time to evade once the warning arrow appear.

You guys need to be more aware of your surroundings.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

OK....Here's my problem, I sometimes collide with islands...END.

We all know that when were about to collide on an island a orange arrow  a will show up on the screen,

but on the heat of battle I find hard to notice that warning until the siren screams then is to late. In my opinion

the siren should turn on more early because in my case its easier to notice sound warnings when I am aiming

onto something. (BBs, the feeling of being stuck and then torps are coming!!!!)

Colliding with islands is your fault lol, if you do not touch the controls your ship will actually automatically turn away from them... soo whose the blame? :P

Beta Tester
60 posts
561 battles

since you are not in the game as yet, it would be better of you to read what people have to say, instead of sprouting off what ever comes to your mind at the time. The OP is in fact correct and you are doing nothing more then trolling

Sorry, didn't mean to come out mean. :\ 

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

After watching live streams and youtube videos(as I too am not in this beta (All well)) there's a lot in the interface to pay attention to, from who is firing at you; island locations; bombers; torpedoes incoming, allied locations and all that.

Maybe having an option to change the size, or distance of the said warnings as an option...

Warnings level 1; would increase the warning range 200%

level 2: Warning range 150%

level 3: Warning range 100%

level 4: Warning level 50%

level 5: Warning level 0%

This way as you get used to your surrounds and how your ship moves, you can decrease the clutter little by little, and even have to go by your own preemptive know how on how they all move about.

Some guys have even mentioned to pay attention to your surrounds and not get tunnel vision.. but as they see that ship round the little iceburg, they get tunneled as well, and lose sight that a bomber was flying towards them, or torpedoes.

Cheers guys.

Beta Tester
58 posts
33 battles

Good day, I appreciate your replies, but I think some of you misunderstand my point. I don't have intention of increasing the warning range or changing it completely  "BUT ADDING SOUND EFFECT TO THE (early)WARNING SYSTEM" so players don't need to constantly check HUD if they are about to collide into an island while busy aiming to a enemyship. Perhaps like Harpoon01 said a crew voice?

Edited by exius48

Beta Tester
58 posts
33 battles

Thanks for your advice I'll try look into it. ^_^
Edited by exius48

Beta Tester
58 posts
33 battles

Colliding with islands is your fault lol, if you do not touch the controls your ship will actually automatically turn away from them... soo whose the blame? :P

Sir I think you misunderstand some points, I said..I sometimes collide when fighting an enemy while  focus on aiming a gun not while cruising when i can use a "AUTOPILOT" to navigate, so my solution is to have a "Earlier Sound Warning". Thank you and Good day Sir.:honoring:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Good day, I appreciate your replies, but I think some of you misunderstand my point. I don't have intention of increasing the warning range or changing it completely  "BUT ADDING SOUND EFFECT TO THE (early)WARNING SYSTEM" so players don't need to constantly check HUD if they are about to collide into an island while busy aiming to a enemyship. Perhaps like Harpoon01 said a crew voice?

and the good news is:)it can use Mod!

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Agreed - earlier audio warning (not just minimap/on screen) would be of assistance.

The visual queues are normally not noticed until too late (zoomed in killing someone)....

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

I need a in-game voice saying that my ship is either beached or has already hit an island already..

I am aware of the islands on the map, but there are times when the alarm goes off when you're about to hit something or actually hit an island it doesn't much do anything else other than doing the alarm and collision warning, at least there be "Sir! We have run aground!" or "Sir! We've hit something" at least with that it won't look silly when you're in ship view and you just happened to boop an island while the alarm goes off 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Sir I think you misunderstand some points, I said..I sometimes collide when fighting an enemy while  focus on aiming a gun not while cruising when i can use a "AUTOPILOT" to navigate, so my solution is to have a "Earlier Sound Warning". Thank you and Good day Sir.:honoring:

I was saying if you do not touch A or D the ship automatically turns away from island, to turn into them you have to cancel the auto steer.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

I was saying if you do not touch A or D the ship automatically turns away from island, to turn into them you have to cancel the auto steer.

many have that feature turned off, and for good reason. Collision avoidance has a habit of turning you into the island, not turning you away

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

many have that feature turned off, and for good reason. Collision avoidance has a habit of turning you into the island, not turning you away

In fact, that system make you collide to another thing to avoid a thing