Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

[CODE] The UK code seems to work for us.

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

100
[911]
Member
490 posts
37 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

That's not a bloody biscuit.  These are bloody biscuits

 

Not a biscuit, those are cookies.

Biscuits are not cookies, cookies are sweets, biscuits are a bread. 

Bloody English not speaking English.  Get back to Shakespeare! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[OAKUM]
Member
2,076 posts
15,055 battles
19 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Cookies are Americanisms.  Bread is bread.  American Biscuits are Scones.

Did someone just say

 

cookie! cookie!.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[911]
Member
490 posts
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Cookies are Americanisms.  Bread is bread.  American Biscuits are Scones.

Scones are French! And they taste awful!

Biscuits are biscuits and cookies are not biscuits! 

5 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

cookie! cookie!.gif

Who left the door open? 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,816
[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,491 posts
6,900 battles
8 hours ago, BunnyDragon said:

Scones are French!

Scones originated in the UK/Scotland.

Cookies are not biscuits unless you are American then they are cookies and biscuits are what we would call a scone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
32 posts
17,843 battles

When you mentioned tack , it made me think of the hard biscuits in army ration packs and how our corporals taught us to deal with them.

i remember him telling us , you set a pot of water on to boil , throw in a biscuit and a rock , and when the rock is soft , eat the rock and throw out the biscuit .

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[911]
Member
490 posts
3 hours ago, Olddavid_Spicer said:

When you mentioned tack , it made me think of the hard biscuits in army ration packs and how our corporals taught us to deal with them.

i remember him telling us , you set a pot of water on to boil , throw in a biscuit and a rock , and when the rock is soft , eat the rock and throw out the biscuit .

Damn! 

Did you fight in the Civil War!?!

 

6 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Scones originated in the UK/Scotland.

Cookies are not biscuits unless you are American then they are cookies and biscuits are what we would call a scone.  

Blasphemy! 

Cookies are cookies and Scones are French! Biscuits are English/British Isles/American!

Yea, speak falsely heretic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[OAKUM]
Member
2,076 posts
15,055 battles

I Want my scones with Jam & cream please...

 

Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,816
[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,491 posts
6,900 battles
14 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I Want my scones with Jam & cream please...

 

Ordrazz

Yes.  That would be a Devonshire tea.  I don't know where this hairbrained idea that Scones are French comes from?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[OAKUM]
Member
2,076 posts
15,055 battles
39 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Yes.  That would be a Devonshire tea.  I don't know where this hairbrained idea that Scones are French comes from?

 

The same place where people don't know what a potato cake is ???  :Smile_veryhappy:

 

Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[OAKUM]
Member
2,076 posts
15,055 battles
12 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Stahhhp it.    Scallops.

 

tenor (5).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×